- Kaspersky Mobile Security
“If you're just looking for brand-name security to protect your Android devices, for a reasonable price, Kaspersky Mobile Security is an excellent choice.” - PCMAG.COM*
Kaspersky Mobile Security delivers the latest security technologies to protect Android smartphones from viruses, Internet threats, phishing sites, spyware and spam. It includes easy-to-use, advanced privacy features and – if your phone is lost or stolen – you can remotely protect your data and find the location of your missing phone.
ANTIVIRUS PROTECTION AND MORE
• Automatic virus-scanning of apps
• Real-time, cloud-enabled protection – for rapid reaction to new and emerging threats
• On-demand and scheduled scans allow you to run antivirus scanning when it’s most convenient for you
• Over-the-air antivirus database updates – for minimal impact on performance
• Device Admin feature prevents unauthorised un-installation – so third-party apps and other users cannot access the Kaspersky Mobile Security application, without the secret code
• Blocks dangerous or malicious websites
• Alerts you about fraudulent or phishing websites that may try to steal your money or your identity
• Remotely block access to your Android smartphone if it's lost or stolen
• Remotely ‘wipe’ your phone – to delete your personal information
• Find your missing phone’s location – with GPS, Wi-Fi and Google Maps
• Block, clean or locate your missing phone – even if your SIM card has been replaced
CALL & SMS FILTERING
• Receive only the calls and texts that you want to receive
• Block unwanted calls and texts from unknown numbers
• Control what others can see and access – whenever they pick up your phone
• Hide designated contacts, calls, SMS texts and logs – by just pressing a button
English, French, German, Russian , Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Swedish, Danish, Dutch, Norwegian
• Android 2.2 – 4.2
• Minimum screen resolution – 320x480
I am unable to validate Kaspersky Mobile Security app. What should I do?
On some devices, Google Play issues can result in an app failing to validate – even though the app has been paid for.If this happens, please do the following:
1. On the device, select Applications > Settings > Applications > Manage applications.
2. Select Google Play Store.
3. On the app information screen, select Clear cache – then select Clear data.
4. Restart Google Play.
5. Start Kaspersky Mobile Security and re-validate the app.
What's in this version:· Stability improved
· Minor bugs fixed
This application has access to the following:
- Your accountsadd or remove accountsAllows the app to perform operations like adding and removing accounts, and deleting their password.
- Your locationapproximate location (network-based)Allows the app to get your approximate location. This location is derived by location services using network location sources such as cell towers and Wi-Fi. These location services must be turned on and available to your device for the app to use them. Apps may use this to determine approximately where you are.precise location (GPS and network-based)Allows the app to get your precise location using the Global Positioning System (GPS) or network location sources such as cell towers and Wi-Fi. These location services must be turned on and available to your device for the app to use them. Apps may use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.
- Your messagesread your text messages (SMS or MMS)Allows the app to read SMS messages stored on your device or SIM card. This allows the app to read all SMS messages, regardless of content or confidentiality.edit your text messages (SMS or MMS)Allows the app to write to SMS messages stored on your device or SIM card. Malicious apps may delete your messages.send SMS messagesAllows the app to send SMS messages. This may result in unexpected charges. Malicious apps may cost you money by sending messages without your confirmation.receive text messages (SMS)Allows the app to receive and process SMS messages. This means the app could monitor or delete messages sent to your device without showing them to you.
communicationfull network accessAllows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.connect and disconnect from Wi-FiAllows the app to connect to and disconnect from Wi-Fi access points and to make changes to device configuration for Wi-Fi networks.
- Your personal informationread calendar events plus confidential informationAllows the app to read all calendar events stored on your device, including those of friends or co-workers. This may allow the app to share or save your calendar data, regardless of confidentiality or sensitivity.add or modify calendar events and send email to guests without owners' knowledgeAllows the app to add, remove, change events that you can modify on your device, including those of friends or co-workers. This may allow the app to send messages that appear to come from calendar owners, or modify events without the owners' knowledge.
- Phone callsread phone status and identityAllows the app to access the phone features of the device. This permission allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call.directly call phone numbersAllows the app to call phone numbers without your intervention. This may result in unexpected charges or calls. Note that this doesn't allow the app to call emergency numbers. Malicious apps may cost you money by making calls without your confirmation.
- Storagemodify or delete the contents of your USB storageAllows the app to write to the USB storage.
- System toolsmock location sources for testingCreate mock location sources for testing or install a new location provider. This allows the app to override the location and/or status returned by other location sources such as GPS or location providers.
- Your applications
informationretrieve running appsAllows the app to retrieve information about currently and recently running tasks. This may allow the app to discover information about which applications are used on the device.
- Bookmarks and Historyread your Web bookmarks and historyAllows the app to read the history of all URLs that the Browser has visited, and all of the Browser's bookmarks. Note: this permission may not be enforced by third-party browsers or other applications with web browsing capabilities.write web bookmarks and historyAllows the app to modify the Browser's history or bookmarks stored on your device. This may allow the app to erase or modify Browser data. Note: this permission may note be enforced by third-party browsers or other applications with web browsing capabilities.
- Cameratake pictures and videosAllows the app to take pictures and videos with the camera. This permission allows the app to use the camera at any time without your confirmation.
- Your social
informationread your contactsAllows the app to read data about your contacts stored on your device, including the frequency with which you've called, emailed, or communicated in other ways with specific individuals. This permission allows apps to save your contact data, and malicious apps may share contact data without your knowledge.modify your contactsAllows the app to modify the data about your contacts stored on your device, including the frequency with which you've called, emailed, or communicated in other ways with specific contacts. This permission allows apps to delete contact data.read call logAllows the app to read your device's call log, including data about incoming and outgoing calls. This permission allows apps to save your call log data, and malicious apps may share call log data without your knowledge.write call logAllows the app to modify your device's call log, including data about incoming and outgoing calls. Malicious apps may use this to erase or modify your call log.
- Your accountsfind accounts on the deviceAllows the app to get the list of accounts known by the device. This may include any accounts created by applications you have installed.
toolsread sensitive log dataAllows the app to read from the system's various log files. This allows it to discover general information about what you are doing with the device, potentially including personal or private information.
communicationchange network connectivityAllows the app to change the state of network connectivity.view network connectionsAllows the app to view information about network connections such as which networks exist and are connected.view Wi-Fi connectionsAllows the app to view information about Wi-Fi networking, such as whether Wi-Fi is enabled and name of connected Wi-Fi devices.Google Play license checkGoogle Play license checkreceive data from InternetAllows apps to accept cloud to device messages sent by the app's service. Using this service will incur data usage. Malicious apps could cause excess data usage.
- Phone callsmodify phone stateAllows the app to control the phone features of the device. An app with this permission can switch networks, turn the phone radio on and off and the like without ever notifying you.
- System toolsread subscribed feedsAllows the app to get details about the currently synced feeds.modify system settingsAllows the app to modify the system's settings data. Malicious apps may corrupt your system's configuration.set preferred appsAllows the app to modify your preferred apps. Malicious apps may silently change the apps that are run, spoofing your existing apps to collect private data from you.change/intercept network settings and trafficAllows the app to change network settings and to intercept and inspect all network traffic, for example to change the proxy and port of any APN. Malicious apps may monitor, redirect, or modify network packets without your knowledge.access extra location provider commandsAllows the app to access extra location provider commands. This may allow the app to to interfere with the operation of the GPS or other location sources.test access to protected storageAllows the app to test a permission for USB storage that will be available on future devices.
Batteryprevent device from sleepingAllows the app to prevent the device from going to sleep.control vibrationAllows the app to control the vibrator.
applications informationrun at startupAllows the app to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the device and allow the app to slow down the overall device by always running.close other appsAllows the app to end background processes of other apps. This may cause other apps to stop running.close other appsAllows the app to end background processes of other apps. This may cause other apps to stop running.
Barexpand/collapse status barAllows the app to expand or collapse the status bar.
- Sync Settingsread sync settingsAllows the app to read the sync settings for an account. For example, this can determine whether the People app is synced with an account.toggle sync on and offAllows an app to modify the sync settings for an account. For example, this can be used to enable sync of the People app with an account.