- Collins Portuguese_Dictionary
The Collins Portuguese Dictionary offers extensive coverage of today's English and Portuguese, with thousands of phrases and examples guiding the user to the most appropriate translation. The Dictionary is designed for intermediate learners of Portuguese, whether at school, at home, or for business. It is the ideal text for anyone who needs easy access to a comprehensive and user-friendly dictionary. Clear signposting of meanings ensure that learners go straight to the correct translation. With 51,000 words and 110,000 translations, this dictionary provides the user with wide-ranging, practical coverage of current usage, including business and IT terminology, and a comprehensive selection of common abbreviations, acronyms and geographical names. You will also find irregular forms of Portuguese verbs and nouns with a cross-reference to the basic form where a translation is given.
The Foremost Authority on the
Language of Today
* Comprehensive and authoritative, with all the words and phrases you need
* Extra help with difficult words
* Easy-to-use colour layout helps you find what you are looking for quickly and easily
Words are tools for life. And a Collins Dictionary makes them work for you.
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search
of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported; the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections
What's in this version:New Features for version 4.3.056
*Swiping Tabs Option
This application has access to the following:
- Network communicationfull network accessAllows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.
- Phone callsread phone status and identityAllows the app to access the phone features of the device. This permission allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call.
- Storagemodify or delete the contents of your USB storageAllows the app to write to the USB storage.
- Network communicationview Wi-Fi connectionsAllows the app to view information about Wi-Fi networking, such as whether Wi-Fi is enabled and name of connected Wi-Fi devices.view network connectionsAllows the app to view information about network connections such as which networks exist and are connected.
- System toolstest access to protected storageAllows the app to test a permission for USB storage that will be available on future devices.