- Kies Air
It's time to share wirelessly!
Why not manage your mobile device via your Internet browser?Why not manage your mobile device via your Internet browser?
Kies Air is a application that enables you to easily manage contents
saved on your device via PC internet or mobile browser using Wi-Fi technology.
Without having to connect any cables, within a browser you can use diverse function such as multimedia transfer, music listening, PIMS management, text message, file search, and so on.
Since Kies Air is an application for accessing mobile content from a PC or browser, the application has to read the content from the mobile device in order to carry out this function. To ensure that your data is secure and not shared without your consent, when you install/update an application, Kies Air will ask you to grant permission.
To access via PC or laptop:
1. Connect the mobile device and the PC or laptop to
the same access point (Wi-Fi router)
2. Open Kies Air on the mobile device and tap Start
3. Kies Air on the mobile device will display a URL. Enter the URL in the browser on the PC or laptop
4. Kies Air will display a 4-digit PIN on the mobile device. When prompted, enter the PIN into the browser on the PC or laptop
5. The PC or laptop is now connected and you can access the content of your mobile device.
You can also create a desktop icon to connect to Kies Air more easily
After creating the desktop icon, you can access Kies Air without having to enter the URL into the browser on the PC or laptop
To access via another mobile device (e.g. device B accesses device A):
1. Connect both mobile devices (A and B) to the same access point (Wi-Fi router)
2. Open Kies Air on device A and tap Start
3. Open Kies Air on device B and shake the device twice. This will start a scan for device A
4. Device A will appear on the screen of device B. Tap on device A
5. Kies Air will display a PIN on device A. When prompted, enter the PIN on device B
If Kies Air is not installed on device B, enter the URL displayed by device A into the
browser on device B.
If the motion feature is not supported on device B, press the menu key, and then tap Scan.
During installation, Kies Air requests permission to provide you with access to content or other required functions. Your data is only ever accessible within your local network and never sent to the Kies Air team, Samsung, or any other remote server.
What's in this version:We sincerely apologize for the issue that has occured with ver2.3.305024.
Update details :
- Fixed PIN code issue and crash issue
- GUI renewal
- Improve accessability with android beam
- Minor bugs fix
If Kies Air crashes after upgrading firmware of Android version 4.1(JellyBean), please update your firmware with Android version 4.1.2 or above, if available.
This application has access to the following:
- Your messagesread your text messages (SMS or MMS)Allows the app to read SMS messages stored on your device or SIM card. This allows the app to read all SMS messages, regardless of content or confidentiality.receive text messages (SMS)Allows the app to receive and process SMS messages. This means the app could monitor or delete messages sent to your device without showing them to you.send SMS messagesAllows the app to send SMS messages. This may result in unexpected charges. Malicious apps may cost you money by sending messages without your confirmation.edit your text messages (SMS or MMS)Allows the app to write to SMS messages stored on your device or SIM card. Malicious apps may delete your messages.
- Network communicationconnect and disconnect from Wi-FiAllows the app to connect to and disconnect from Wi-Fi access points and to make changes to device configuration for Wi-Fi networks.full network accessAllows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.control Near Field CommunicationAllows the app to communicate with Near Field Communication (NFC) tags, cards, and readers.
- Your personal
informationread calendar events plus confidential informationAllows the app to read all calendar events stored on your device, including those of friends or co-workers. This may allow the app to share or save your calendar data, regardless of confidentiality or sensitivity.add or modify calendar events and send email to guests without owners' knowledgeAllows the app to add, remove, change events that you can modify on your device, including those of friends or co-workers. This may allow the app to send messages that appear to come from calendar owners, or modify events without the owners' knowledge.
- Phone callsdirectly call phone numbersAllows the app to call phone numbers without your intervention. This may result in unexpected charges or calls. Note that this doesn't allow the app to call emergency numbers. Malicious apps may cost you money by making calls without your confirmation.read phone status and identityAllows the app to access the phone features of the device. This permission allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call.
- Storagemodify or delete the contents of your USB storageAllows the app to write to the USB storage.
- Bookmarks and Historyread your Web bookmarks and historyAllows the app to read the history of all URLs that the Browser has visited, and all of the Browser's bookmarks. Note: this permission may not be enforced by third-party browsers or other applications with web browsing capabilities.write web bookmarks and historyAllows the app to modify the Browser's history or bookmarks stored on your device. This may allow the app to erase or modify Browser data. Note: this permission may note be enforced by third-party browsers or other applications with web browsing capabilities.
- Your social informationread your contactsAllows the app to read data about your contacts stored on your device, including the frequency with which you've called, emailed, or communicated in other ways with specific individuals. This permission allows apps to save your contact data, and malicious apps may share contact data without your knowledge.modify your contactsAllows the app to modify the data about your contacts stored on your device, including the frequency with which you've called, emailed, or communicated in other ways with specific contacts. This permission allows apps to delete contact data.read call logAllows the app to read your device's call log, including data about incoming and outgoing calls. This permission allows apps to save your call log data, and malicious apps may share call log data without your knowledge.write call logAllows the app to modify your device's call log, including data about incoming and outgoing calls. Malicious apps may use this to erase or modify your call log.
- Your accountsfind accounts on the deviceAllows the app to get the list of accounts known by the device. This may include any accounts created by applications you have installed.
communicationview network connectionsAllows the app to view information about network connections such as which networks exist and are connected.view Wi-Fi connectionsAllows the app to view information about Wi-Fi networking, such as whether Wi-Fi is enabled and name of connected Wi-Fi devices.
- Phone callsmodify phone stateAllows the app to control the phone features of the device. An app with this permission can switch networks, turn the phone radio on and off and the like without ever notifying you.
- System toolssend sticky broadcastAllows the app to send sticky broadcasts, which remain after the broadcast ends. Excessive use may make the device slow or unstable by causing it to use too much memory.modify system settingsAllows the app to modify the system's settings data. Malicious apps may corrupt your system's configuration.test access to protected storageAllows the app to test a permission for USB storage that will be available on future devices.
Batterycontrol vibrationAllows the app to control the vibrator.prevent device from sleepingAllows the app to prevent the device from going to sleep.
- Your applications informationrun at startupAllows the app to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the device and allow the app to slow down the overall device by always running.
Settingschange your audio settingsAllows the app to modify global audio settings such as volume and which speaker is used for output.
- Wallpaperset wallpaperAllows the app to set the system wallpaper.adjust your wallpaper sizeAllows the app to set the system wallpaper size hints.