- Zombies, Run!
SPECIAL LAUNCH SALE: 50% OFF!
Welcome to Season 2 of Zombies, Run!
You tie your shoes, put on your headphones, take your first steps outside. You’ve barely covered 100 yards when you hear them. They must be close. You can hear every guttural breath, every rattling groan - they’re everywhere. Zombies. There’s only one thing you can do: Run!
Zombies, Run! is an ultra-immersive running game and audio adventure, co-created with award-winning novelist Naomi Alderman. We deliver the story straight to your headphones through orders and voice recordings - and when you get back home, you use the supplies you’ve collected while running to build and grow your base.
BBC NEWS -
“The only way to save yourself is to run for real.”
WIRED - “In the style of Runkeeper, with an exciting undead twist.”
LIFEHACKER - “A really cool way to get outside and exercise.”
CNN - “Turns exercise into a game - a terrifying, terrifying game.”
NPR - "It gets you moving!"
TIME.COM - "Takes all the fun of a zombie game and funnels it into a fitness app."
WHAT PLAYERS SAY:
“Evaded all zombie mobs :-) One of my best sprints ever; this app works!”
“This game will make you sweat. Perfect junction between game design and run tracker.”
“Just tried @zombiesrungame and for the first time in my life I feel truly alive.”
WALK, JOG, OR RUN ANYWHERE
Zombies, Run! works anywhere and at any speed. You can jog in a park, run along a beach, or walk along a trail.
YOU ARE RUNNER 5
Hundreds of lives are counting on you. You've got to rebuild your base from a few shivering survivors into a fortified beacon of civilization by collecting critical supplies and avoiding roving zombie hordes. Can you save them and learn the truth about the zombie apocalypse?
A WORLD OF STORIES
You become the hero in an epic story of humanity’s struggle for survival where your running *really* matters - and there’s a deeper mystery to be uncovered as well... This app includes all 23 missions from Season 1 as well as the first 7 missions from Season 2; and there'll be a further 60+ Season 2 missions released weekly and available for purchase!
Choose your own custom playlists before you start running: the story unfolds in between your tracks through a series of dynamic radio messages and voice recordings.
INTERVAL TRAINING - WITH ZOMBIES
With our optional ‘Zombie Chases’ mode, you’ll need to increase your speed and work up a sweat if you hear zombies on your tail. That’s right - we’ve made interval training *fun*!
VIEW YOUR RUNS ONLINE WITH ZOMBIELINK
Register with our free ZombieLink service to view and share your runs online, complete with maps and full run history. Plus you can sync your runs with Runkeeper and export them as GPX files.
KEEP THE SURVIVORS ALIVE
You automatically collect items like medicine, batteries, and ammo while running - but when you're back home, who needs them more: the soldiers or the doctors? Which buildings need extra defenses? It’s up to you.
- Version 2.0 comes with 30 missions
- Requires Android 4.0 or above
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
INFORMATION ABOUT UPGRADING FROM VERSION 1.0
All Season 1 story missions are still included in ZR2 for free, along with mission progress and run logs. To change between seasons, simply visit the Missions screen and tap the "Season 1" tab at the top-left of the screen. This will display a menu that lets you switch to Season 2.
The Season 1 base has been upgraded to a new, more advanced base that fits in with the Season 2 story. You can still view your old base on ZombieLink. We apologise for not making this clear in the previous update - sorry.
Supply missions will be returning soon, and race missions will be coming to Android shortly.
What's in this version:2.0.5 Hotfix Update
- We changed the way you receive materials - you now also receive one material the first time you complete any Season 1 mission. You'll automatically get bonus materials for Season 1 missions you've already completed when you upgrade.
2.0.4 Hotfix Update
- RADIO MODE IS BACK, including all-new season two radio! You must download the radio in order to hear it after season one and two missions. You'll be prompted to do this on the news page.
This application has access to the following:
- Your locationprecise location (GPS and network-based)Allows the app to get your precise location using the Global Positioning System (GPS) or network location sources such as cell towers and Wi-Fi. These location services must be turned on and available to your device for the app to use them. Apps may use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.
communicationfull network accessAllows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.
callsread phone status and identityAllows the app to access the phone features of the device. This permission allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call.
- Storagemodify or delete the contents of your USB storageAllows the app to write to the USB storage.
- Network communicationview network connectionsAllows the app to view information about network connections such as which networks exist and are connected.Google Play license checkGoogle Play license check
toolstest access to protected storageAllows the app to test a permission for USB storage that will be available on future devices.
Batterycontrol vibrationAllows the app to control the vibrator.