- DoggCatcher Podcast Player
We just released a lite version of the app that you can use to evaluate DoggCatcher - Look for 'More from developer' on this pageWe just released a lite version of the app that you can use to evaluate DoggCatcher - Look for 'More from developer' on this page
Manage your podcasts and RSS/news feeds with the first Podcatcher in the Google Market.
-Easy import of feeds from Google Listen.
-Android Central's Editors' Choice podcatcher of the year
-Android Central's Readers' Choice runner up podcatcher of the year
-Lifehacker (Nov-2011) finds DoggCatcher to be "The Best Podcast Manager for Android"
-Easy to find new podcasts/feeds
-Fully automated download and cleanup of media files
-Offline playback of audio and video
-Categories for feeds
-Updated frequently - 100+ updates since first release in November 2008
-Active user community - 10000+ forum posts
-Variable speed playback (this requires the purchase of a third party audio library named Presto)
-Automatically updates feeds on a configurable interval
-Automatically download new media
-Automatically deletes media that has been listened to
Add feeds by
-Browsing Top 100 DoggCatcher feeds
-Getting recommendations based on your feed subscriptions
-Searching podcast and news directories
-Importing for Google Reader/Listen
-Importing from OPML
Integrated Audio/Video Player
-Plays downloaded audio/video
-Streams audio over network (wifi/cell)
-Remembers play position of media file
-Plays video formats supported by Android
-Very active user community in forums
-Audio playlist for continuous play of new media
-Video/News playlists for easy navigation of new media
-Supports RSS 1.0, 2.0, and ATOM
-Displays inline images
-Battery/data plan friendly - can limit downloads based on network/power connections
-Media download queue can be viewed and managed
-Bluetooth support (A2DP/AVRCP)
-Supports authenticated feeds (username/password)
For any questions about application permissions, please see http://www.doggcatcher.com/permissions
Community and support at doggcatcher.com
What's in this version:Improvements:
-Ability to press on the bottom grey half of the widget to launch DoggCatcher
-Lighten up the bottom of the app icon in the app header
-Add accessibility info for widget
This application has access to the following:
- Your accountsuse accounts on the deviceAllows the app to request authentication tokens.
- Network communicationfull network accessAllows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.
- Phone callsread phone status and identityAllows the app to access the phone features of the device. This permission allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call.
- Storagemodify or delete the contents of your USB storageAllows the app to write to the USB storage.
- Your applications
informationretrieve running appsAllows the app to retrieve information about currently and recently running tasks. This may allow the app to discover information about which applications are used on the device.
- Bluetoothpair with Bluetooth devicesAllows the app to view the configuration of Bluetooth on the device, and to make and accept connections with paired devices.
accountsfind accounts on the deviceAllows the app to get the list of accounts known by the device. This may include any accounts created by applications you have installed.
- Development toolsread sensitive log dataAllows the app to read from the system's various log files. This allows it to discover general information about what you are doing with the device, potentially including personal or private information.
communicationGoogle Play license checkGoogle Play license checkview network connectionsAllows the app to view information about network connections such as which networks exist and are connected.
- System toolstest access to protected storageAllows the app to test a permission for USB storage that will be available on future devices.
- Affects Batteryprevent device from sleepingAllows the app to prevent the device from going to sleep.
- Your applications
informationrun at startupAllows the app to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the device and allow the app to slow down the overall device by always running.