- Norton Security antivirus
Norton Mobile Security Lite with antivirus protects your Android phones and tablets from theft, malware and viruses. Remotely locate your lost or stolen device. Scan your new apps, SD cards, new downloads, and app updates for malware and viruses. Easily control the protection for all your devices through one website.
FEATURES (LITE VERSION)
• Find your lost phone or tablet on a map with remote locate
• Protect multiple Android phones and tablets
• Lock your device via SMS text command
• Control security for all your devices through one website
• Scan and remove apps and app updates that have the potential to harm or slow down your device
• Scan SD cards for threats when they're plugged into your device
• Spot new threats faster with collective information volunteered by millions of Norton users
UPGRADE FOR PRIVACY PROTECTION AND ADDITIONAL FEATURES (FULL VERSION)
The full version of Norton Mobile Security offers more protection from theft, malware, viruses, and mobile spam. Remotely lock and erase your stolen device if necessary, to ensure your private information stays that way. Back up your important contacts and easily restore them across your devices.
Upgrade to the full version of Norton Mobile Security for $29.99:
• Lock or wipe your stolen device remotely to prevent data theft
• Remotely wipe information from your device to protect your privacy
• Trigger a "scream" alarm to quickly find your missing device
• Send a customized message to anyone who finds your missing device
• Block unwanted calls and SMS text messages
• Sync contacts and easily restore or share them across your devices
• Prevent fraudulent (phishing) websites from accessing your personal information
• Ability to instantly lock your phone if the SIM card is removed
* Scream Alarm feature not available in Germany and Korea.
SUPPORT FORUM > NORTON MOBILE SECURITY
For feedback and suggestions, please visit the support forum: http://norton.com/nms_support
For a detailed list of features, please visit: http://us.norton.com/norton-mobile-security/
MOBILE PHONE SECURITY
The global adoption of mobile computing has increased the privacy challenges and security risks for businesses and consumers. Mobile devices are sophisticated computers susceptible to viruses, malware attacks and emerging online threats.
Hackers and identity thieves can steal your personal data and disrupt the operation of your mobile phone. Install a mobile security app with anti-virus and malware protection to identify security exploits and thwart malicious activity.
ANTIVIRUS & MALWARE DETECTION
A mobile security app can detect and remove threats such as viruses, malware, Trojan Horse, adware, and spyware. Methods employed include heuristics to counter zero-day threats, for which there is no known malware signature.
NORTON BY SYMANTEC
Founded in 1982, Symantec has more than 20,500 employees in more than 50 countries. We are the global leader in providing security, storage, and systems management solutions. In an information-driven world, consumers, small businesses, and large global organizations rely on Symantec to secure and manage their data.
Norton is our flagship brand for Antivirus, Malware, and Mobile Security Protection. Our family of apps provides solutions to your everyday mobile security needs. With over 23 years of experience, trust Norton to keep your personal data safe.
NORTON MOBILE UTILITIES LITE (RECOMMENDED)
For maximum protection, install Norton Mobile Utilities Lite. Accelerate your Android for peak performance. Extend battery life and remove apps that slow down your device.
Download Norton Mobile Utilities Lite: http://NortonApps.com/utilities
Symantec respects your privacy and promises to carefully safeguard your personal data.
For more information: http://www.norton.com/mobile-privacy-policy
What's in this version:Minor Code Enhancements
This application has access to the following:
- Your locationprecise location (GPS and network-based)Allows the app to get your precise location using the Global Positioning System (GPS) or network location sources such as cell towers and Wi-Fi. These location services must be turned on and available to your device for the app to use them. Apps may use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.approximate location (network-based)Allows the app to get your approximate location. This location is derived by location services using network location sources such as cell towers and Wi-Fi. These location services must be turned on and available to your device for the app to use them. Apps may use this to determine approximately where you are.
- Your messagesreceive text messages (SMS)Allows the app to receive and process SMS messages. This means the app could monitor or delete messages sent to your device without showing them to you.read your text messages (SMS or MMS)Allows the app to read SMS messages stored on your device or SIM card. This allows the app to read all SMS messages, regardless of content or confidentiality.edit your text messages (SMS or MMS)Allows the app to write to SMS messages stored on your device or SIM card. Malicious apps may delete your messages.send SMS messagesAllows the app to send SMS messages. This may result in unexpected charges. Malicious apps may cost you money by sending messages without your confirmation.
- Network communicationfull network accessAllows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.
- Your personal informationread calendar events plus confidential informationAllows the app to read all calendar events stored on your device, including those of friends or co-workers. This may allow the app to share or save your calendar data, regardless of confidentiality or sensitivity.add or modify calendar events and send email to guests without owners' knowledgeAllows the app to add, remove, change events that you can modify on your device, including those of friends or co-workers. This may allow the app to send messages that appear to come from calendar owners, or modify events without the owners' knowledge.
- Phone callsread phone status and identityAllows the app to access the phone features of the device. This permission allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call.directly call phone numbersAllows the app to call phone numbers without your intervention. This may result in unexpected charges or calls. Note that this doesn't allow the app to call emergency numbers. Malicious apps may cost you money by making calls without your confirmation.
- Storagemodify or delete the contents of your USB storageAllows the app to write to the USB storage.
- System toolsread battery statisticsAllows an application to read the current low-level battery use data. May allow the application to find out detailed information about which apps you use.
applications informationretrieve running appsAllows the app to retrieve information about currently and recently running tasks. This may allow the app to discover information about which applications are used on the device.
- Bluetoothpair with Bluetooth devicesAllows the app to view the configuration of Bluetooth on the device, and to make and accept connections with paired devices.access Bluetooth settingsAllows the app to configure the local Bluetooth device, and to discover and pair with remote devices.
- Bookmarks and
Historyread your Web bookmarks and historyAllows the app to read the history of all URLs that the Browser has visited, and all of the Browser's bookmarks. Note: this permission may not be enforced by third-party browsers or other applications with web browsing capabilities.write web bookmarks and historyAllows the app to modify the Browser's history or bookmarks stored on your device. This may allow the app to erase or modify Browser data. Note: this permission may note be enforced by third-party browsers or other applications with web browsing capabilities.
- Cameratake pictures and videosAllows the app to take pictures and videos with the camera. This permission allows the app to use the camera at any time without your confirmation.
- Other Application
UIdraw over other appsAllows the app to draw on top of other applications or parts of the user interface. They may interfere with your use of the interface in any application, or change what you think you are seeing in other applications.
- Your social
informationread your contactsAllows the app to read data about your contacts stored on your device, including the frequency with which you've called, emailed, or communicated in other ways with specific individuals. This permission allows apps to save your contact data, and malicious apps may share contact data without your knowledge.modify your contactsAllows the app to modify the data about your contacts stored on your device, including the frequency with which you've called, emailed, or communicated in other ways with specific contacts. This permission allows apps to delete contact data.read call logAllows the app to read your device's call log, including data about incoming and outgoing calls. This permission allows apps to save your call log data, and malicious apps may share call log data without your knowledge.write call logAllows the app to modify your device's call log, including data about incoming and outgoing calls. Malicious apps may use this to erase or modify your call log.
- Development toolsread sensitive log dataAllows the app to read from the system's various log files. This allows it to discover general information about what you are doing with the device, potentially including personal or private information.
- Network communicationview network connectionsAllows the app to view information about network connections such as which networks exist and are connected.view Wi-Fi connectionsAllows the app to view information about Wi-Fi networking, such as whether Wi-Fi is enabled and name of connected Wi-Fi devices.
- System toolsaccess USB storage filesystemAllows the app to mount and unmount filesystems for removable storage.erase USB storageAllows the app to format removable storage.modify system settingsAllows the app to modify the system's settings data. Malicious apps may corrupt your system's configuration.access extra location provider commandsAllows the app to access extra location provider commands. This may allow the app to to interfere with the operation of the GPS or other location sources.send sticky broadcastAllows the app to send sticky broadcasts, which remain after the broadcast ends. Excessive use may make the device slow or unstable by causing it to use too much memory.measure app storage spaceAllows the app to retrieve its code, data, and cache sizestest access to protected storageAllows the app to test a permission for USB storage that will be available on future devices.
Batteryprevent device from sleepingAllows the app to prevent the device from going to sleep.
- Your applications informationclose other appsAllows the app to end background processes of other apps. This may cause other apps to stop running.run at startupAllows the app to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the device and allow the app to slow down the overall device by always running.
- Audio Settingschange your audio settingsAllows the app to modify global audio settings such as volume and which speaker is used for output.