- 1 Second Everyday
App Store Notes
This spellbinding app stitches second-long snippets from your life into a compelling, personal movie. With built-in reminders, a simple editing tool, and a gorgeous design, 1 Second Everyday is everything you need to put together your own thought-provoking narrative.
Imagine a movie that includes every day of the rest of your life…
FEATURED on: Fast Company, MASHABLE, CNN, TED, BBC, PSFK, TheNextWeb, & plenty more.
For almost 2 years now, I've been recording 1 second every day, so I'll never forget another day ever again. This project has had such a profoundly positive impact on my life, that I've passionately developed an App that will make it extraordinarily easy for anyone to do this too.
Reliving every single day of my life at age 30 in 6 minutes has provided me with a treasured perspective on life. It holds me accountable for making each day count.
When I turn 40, I'll have a 1 hour compilation that encapsulates my 30s. If I live to see 80 years of age, I'll have a 5-hour video that summarizes 50 years of my life.
+ The App accesses any videos currently in your camera roll & sorts them by date. You can also record your moment directly from the App.
+ Setup friendly reminders so you never forget a day!
+ Keep multiple timelines! You could have one for yourself… for each of your kids… your dinner… what you wear every day… etc! Looking forward to endless creative interpretations!
+ Chosen seconds back up with the app in iCloud
+ Compile any given amount of time desired—the last month, year, or just select a start and end date.
+ Post your compilations directly to youTube, Facebook, + more coming soon.
+ Optimized for iPhone 5.
+ Once you've selected a day's second, you can remove the original video from your camera roll. The App copies the second and keeps it within the App itself.
+ Your seconds are privately held on your phone. You never have to share this with anyone if you don't want to. The primary purpose of this App is to help you remember your own life. Sharing is optional.
Version 1.04 (Mar 23, 2013)
- Fix for Daylight Savings Time bug (3/10 missing some users)
- We've made a few space saving enhancements to lighten the 1SE load on your iPhone... especially for those of you using the in-app Camera
- Kickstarter Backers! You're in the app! Go to Settings > Thanks to Kickstarter Backers
- Fix for issues that some users were having with Reminders
- some performance/stability improvements
Version 1.03 (Jan 30, 2013)
Version 1.03 fixes an issue where the calendar would not show a day with a snippet once the original media was removed. This update should reveal your previously selected snippets, even if you have removed the original source media.
Version 1.02 (Jan 23, 2013)
MANY BUG FIXES:
* Improved Stability, especially on iOS 5 (5.0.1 users... you're pretty far behind... maybe time to upgrade?)
* Videos taken with the front-facing camera on older iPhones (low res - 640x480) are improved in the output when snippets are selected - PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST RESELECT THE SNIPPET FOR THOSE DAYS THAT WERE AFFECTED
* If your compilations were missing days where you had Snippets selected, you will need to reselect these as well
* When you clear a day, black frame for that day will no longer show up in Merged Reels
* We have added an FAQ to the Settings Page
* Fixed issues with the calendar not accurately reading media stored on your device
* Improved some UI elements
* Fixed some bugs with the in-app Camera
* Compile was not recognizing dates with selected snippets in certain cases
* Reminder times were off for some users
* Fixed Crashes when attempting to remove a Timeline if there was only one Timeline
* Added progress indications in Photo select
* Some users were seeing multiple copies of media within a day, fixed this too.
* Youtube stays hooked up once linked
* Shrunk the size of the thumbnails we store for each day's video - trying to conserve your phone's precious storage space to keep room for each day's videos!
Enjoy the app, and please continue to let us know what we can do better!
Version 1.01 (Jan 10, 2013)
Fixing some bugs that slipped through... if your issue isn't dealt with here, know that we've got another one
coming shortly! This build fixes:
- Some issues with Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Crashes related to days with custom text overlays
- Thumbnails in calendar view were shrinking over time