- French English Dictionary +
The leading French English Dictionary for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch ❥ Over 278,000 Offline Translations & Usage Examples ❥ Audio Pronunciation ❥ 6,438 Conjugated Verbs ❥ Comprehensive Phrasebook ❥ Vocabulary Quizzes ❥ Universal Application
🏆 Selected by Apple as "What's Hot" in over 30 countries.
🏆 “This app packs an undeniable allure for travelers.” - iPhone App Review
French English Dictionary + by Ascendo, is the best-selling reference tool of its kind for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch. It includes a comprehensive translation dictionary, travel phrases in 20 categories, text-to-speech pronunciation (requires internet), a vocabulary quiz tool, & thousands of verbs conjugated in all major tenses.
French English Dictionary + offers the unique ability to add notes, audio and images to translations making it an engaging travel companion and delivering on our mission of bringing language apps to life©.
★★★★★ The Best that I have Found
This dictionary is very complete. I am studying French and I have not come across a word that is not in the dictionary. I have found it to be better than some online dictionaries.
★★★★★ I use this app in class!
I teach an intermediate class. I always have my iPad by my side. This app is great for quick word definition searches.
★★★★★ Excellent App
This app is extremely comprehensive and useful. It has come in handy both in classroom situations and actual conversations. The price is a bargain.
★★★★★ Great Resource
The dictionary is very complete and the conjugation section is amazing!
★★★★★ I Love This!
Never could I have imagined such an amazing app. This helped me sooooo much in my class!
✦ Find words quicker than fumbling through a paper dictionary.
✦ Improve retention by adding notes, audio & images to translations.
✦ Master the language with travel phrases, verb conjugations & vocabulary quizzes.
✓ Comprehensive French English Dictionary with over 720,000 entries comprised of usage examples, idiomatic expressions, slang, part of speech and gender for French nouns.
✓ Single index database for fast lookup of words in French or English.
✓ Online lookup of words not found in app dictionary.
✓ Reverse lookup of words found in translations.
✓ Ability to add image, audio clip and notes to dictionary translations.
✓ Phrase book with 528 phrases in French & English in 20 categories.
✓ My Phrases section of phrase book to add your own.
✓ Keyword search for phrase book.
✓ Conjugations of 6,438 French & English verbs.
✓ Scrollable table or list of verb tenses.
✓ Text-to-speech pronunciation in French & English (requires internet, ringer turned on & volume turned up).
✓ Vocabulary quizzes in French or English with scoring.
✓ History of dictionary & verb lookups.
✓ Email dictionary translations.
✓ Customize dictionary fonts and colors.
✓ Universal Application that can be used on five iPhones, iPads & iPod Touches.
✓ Supports iPhone 5 & iOS 6.
Starting learning now! Download French English Dictionary + today.
Comments, suggestions & questions are welcome.
Tags : dictionnaire, anglais, français, traduction, traducteur, phrases, conjugaison, verbes
Version 5.3.12 (Oct 31, 2012)
✧ Added support for iPhone 5 and iOS6.
✧ Improved dictionary usage examples which appear on keyword screen in addition to lookup list.
✧ Added reverse lookup for usage examples on dictionary keyword screen.
✧ Implemented online lookup for words not found in dictionary (paid version). An icon will appear in the search bar if the word you enter is not found in the local dictionary. Tapping icon will open several online dictionaries. Switch between online dictionaries using tabs along top of screen.
✧ Added alert if Wi-Fi is not available for online lookup to warn user of possible carrier data charges. Turn alert on or off in More > Settings > Confirm Online Lookup.
✧ Improved usability of My Phrases section of phrase book. Tap the plus icon ("+") to add a phrase. Tap the arrow ">" to edit a phrase. Swipe from right to left to delete a phrase.
✧ Added arrows to right side of dictionary lookup list to open keyword screen.
✧ Improved phrase book by allowing user to tap on phrase in addition to flag icon to hear pronunciation.
✧ Improved icons in dictionary keyword toolbar.
✧ Fixed issue of repeating words in vocabulary quiz.
Version 5.2.9 (Apr 8, 2012)
- Added noun gender to dictionary head words in addition to being displayed in translations.
- Improved search algorithm to make it easier to find words with language specific characters such.
- Added reverse lookup to iPad so user can tap on any translation to lookup in opposite direction.
- Increased size of phrase book to 528 phrases (264 in each language).
- Improved phrase book quality, categorization and graphics.
- Implemented “My Phrases” category with ability to add, edit and delete phrases.
- Added ability to search phrases on keyword.
- Implemented single index search for verb conjugations.
- Enhanced verb conjugation screen to include buttons for scrollable table or list of tenses.
- Fixed text-to-speech issue for iPad users which required users to occasionally reboot for audio.
- Fixed scroll to bottom of word list issue.
- Improved quiz performance.
- Numerous other enhancements including improved tab menu, better in-app help, fixed conjugation of several verbs, added navigation improvements.
Version 5.1.5 (Sep 15, 2011)
- Added text-to-speech French & English audio to dictionary, phrasebook and verb conjugations (requires
- Implemented single search so user doesn’t have to choose French or English to lookup a dictionary word.
- Added French & English flag icons to dictionary.
- Implemented reverse lookup so user can tap on any word in dictionary definitions to display the translation.
- Integrated translations and conjugations so user can easily switch back and forth.
- Increased size of phrasebook to include 8 new categories and 216 new entries in French & English.
- Added verb forms to dictionary.
- Improved vocabulary quiz.
- Added Help menu option which opens online user manual.
- Implemented numerous usability improvements including defaulting to screen keyboard for lookups, better iPad screen layout, larger quiz font size, high-resolution tab icons, fixed tab menu issue.
Version 4.3.1 (Feb 22, 2011)
- Added conjugations for 6,438 verbs in French and English including all major moods; Indicative, Subjunctive,
Conditional and tenses; Present, Past, Future, Perfect, Pluperfect, Future Perfect, Imperfect.
- Enhanced conjugation screen interface on iPhone with tense picker scroll wheel.
- Implemented History button to browse through previous lookups.
- Added Clear button to erase lookup history.
- Enhanced word roll view to include abridged translations. Tap to display full translations.
- Added ability to email translation.
- Enhanced support for multi-tasking in iOS 4 and above which can be useful for cutting & pasting translations into emails or other applications.
- Improved support for iPad landscape mode on conjugation and translation screens.
- Implemented return to last lookup when quitting and restarting application.
Version 4.2.7 (Nov 10, 2010)
- Implemented split screen for word lookups on iPad. Scrollable word list appears in left panel and translations
appear in the right panel.
- Added pop-up window to enter notes and select images for translations on iPad.
- Implemented split screen for phrases on iPad. Categories appear in left panel and phrases appear in the right panel.
- Implemented split screen for verb conjugations on iPad. Scrollable verb list appears in left panel and conjugation table appears in right panel.
- Improved support for portrait and landscape modes for all screens on iPad.
- Added several commonly used verb conjugations.
- Enhanced graphics including improved launch screen, about screen and application icon for iPhone 4 and large screen images for iPad.
- Increased font for translation notes edit field.
- Fixed word lookup bug.
- Corrected several verb conjugations.
Version 4.2.6 (Sep 27, 2010)
- iPhone 4 graphics
- Corrections for conjugations
Version 4.2.5 (Jun 10, 2010)
- Implemented split screen for word lookups; scrollable word list appears in left panel and definitions appear in
right panel (iPad).
- Added pop-up window to enter notes for word definitions and select images to associate with definitions (iPad).
- Implemented split screen for phrases; categories appear in left panel and phrases appear in the right panel (iPad).
- Implemented split screen for verb conjugations; scrollable verb list appears in left panel and conjugation table appears in right panel (iPad).
- Improved support for portrait and landscape modes for all screens (iPad).
- Enhanced graphics; startup screen, about screen, application icon, etc. (iPad).
Version 4.2.1 (Dec 17, 2009)
- Added icons to categories list.
- Added flags to phrases screen.
- Improved application icon, splash screen and About screen graphics.
- Added ability to take photo and display image with dictionary translation.
- Enhanced audio recording for dictionary keywords.
- Improved screen text and help alerts.