Experience a new way to take the train with Amtrak. Get simple and intuitive access to all the travel information you need, book your trip on the go, and stay up-to-date as trains arrive. Do it all without the hassle of your laptop, making calls or extra trips to the office.
• Plan and book travel
• Check the status of trains
• eTickets can be shown and scanned by conductors onboard Amtrak trains nationwide. See Amtrak.com/eTicketing for more details.
• Modify reservations
• Search stations for location, building amenities and hours of operation
• Passbook support! From the integrated eTicket screen you can add your eTicket to Passbook. Amtrak recommends Passbook users update to iOS 6.1.
• Connect to your Amtrak Guest Rewards account
• Enjoy Amtrak Passport: share your travel on Facebook & Twitter, check in to stations, collect stamps and reach milestones
Version 1.6 (May 18, 2013)
• Redesigned station details now include more hours, more features and improved maps integration.
• The station list now includes recently selected stations for easy repeat use.
• Search pages support swapping the from and to stations with one tap.
Version 1.5 (Mar 28, 2013)
*** Amtrak recommends Passbook users update to iOS 6.1 ***
• Support added for iPhone 5.
• Train Status results have been redesigned to better present information.
• Creating a new account or changing an existing account no longer requires up to 24 hours. New accounts are available immediately. Account changes will appear the next time the app starts.
• Numerous bug fixes and performance improvements.
Version v1.4 (Jan 23, 2013)
*** Amtrak recommends updating to iOS 6.1. This update reduces the number of alerts generated by Passbook for Amtrak eTickets. ***
Numerous bug fixes and performance improvements.
During purchase, customers can request to be notified if their train is running late.
Future releases will include improved train status and station information along with iPhone 5 support.
Version 1.3.1 (Dec 7, 2012)
● Fixes permissions issue for the Add To Calendar function.
● Addresses crash when checking into stations with the Passport feature.
● Passbook alerts appearing well before departure should be fixed with iOS 6.1.
Version 1.3 (Nov 2, 2012)
From the integrated eTicket screen you select the action button to add it to Passbook. Passbook eTickets can be shown and scanned by conductors onboard Amtrak trains nationwide.
Version 1.2 (Sep 23, 2012)
• iOS6 Fixes
• eTickets can now be displayed and scanned directly in Amtrak for iPhone. Tickets can be displayed by tapping the ticket icon on the home screen for quick launch.
Version 1.1.0 (Aug 12, 2012)
Customers are now able to change the return portion of a reservation even after traveling the initial part of the trip.
This is a required update for full functionality. Older versions of the app will still be able to purchase tickets and check train status but this version is required to change reservations.
Version 1.0.6 (Jul 13, 2012)
Customers can now display their eTicket barcode as part of the trip details. This barcode can be scanned by the conductor directly from the screen.
Version 1.0.5 (Apr 25, 2012)
Performance improvements and fixes.
Version 1.0.4 (Jan 5, 2012)
Added support for delivery of tickets via eMail. eTickets are currently only available for trips on the following
• Downeaster (Portland, ME - Boston)
• City of New Orleans (Chicago - New Orleans)
• Capitol Corridor (Sacramento - San Jose)
• San Joaquin (Oakland - Bakersfield)
More routes will be added throughout 2012
Numerous performance improvements and fixes.
• Account login issues have been greatly reduced
• Added indication of where to change passenger type in order to use discounts
• Fixed an issue with Amtrak Guest Rewards numbers not being included in reservations
This version has been tested with iOS5
Version 1.0.3 (Sep 14, 2011)
General improvements related to:
- Passport leaderboard
- Twitter and Facebook messages
Fixes an issue with train times in My Trips
Version 1.0.2 (Aug 3, 2011)