- BBC iPlayer
Keep up with BBC TV and Radio on the go.
The BBC iPlayer app now lets you:
- Download TV programmes to watch on the move
- Watch and listen live over Wi-Fi and 3G
- Catch up on the past seven days
- Add shows to your Favourites so new episodes automatically stack for you to enjoy later
- Stream programmes on your TV using Apple AirPlay on iOS 5 and above
- Browse programmes by Schedule, Featured and Most Popular
Version 2.0.5 (May 15, 2013)
The updates keep coming…
- Video playback on 3G and 4G improved! If your connection supports it, you'll now enjoy the same video quality experience on 3G/4G as over WiFi.
- Link to download the dedicated BBC iPlayer Radio app - it's iPlayer but tailor-made for radio
- Stability improvements
As ever contact us with any comments - @bbciplayer
Version 2.0.4 (May 2, 2013)
Included in this update:
- It's more like a TV! We’ve made it easier to find and watch live BBC programmes on the iPad – check out the new On Now section next to Most Popular!
- Get all your favourite Scottish Gaelic programmes on BBC Alba
- You asked us to make Airplay easier. It's always been possible, but now simply click the Airplay button on the iPlayer video itself!
- As usual a whole range of bug fixes to make the app even more stable.
As always we value your feedback so please leave your comments or tweet us @bbciplayer
Version 2.0.3 (Feb 21, 2013)
We've been working hard to make BBC iPlayer an even better experience! In this release:
· Playback quality has been improved and downloads are more reliable.
· If you are a fan of Airplay we’ve made using this even better – when Airplay is enabled you can now background the BBC iPlayer app and have your programme still playing on your telly.
· As you've come to expect, there are many under the hood bug fixes thrown in to address multiple glitches and issues.
It's an exciting year for BBC iPlayer - stay tuned for more updates!
As always all feedback is welcome - @bbciplayer
Version 2.0.2 (Dec 6, 2012)
Huge thanks for all of your feedback on our last update. The team at BBC HQ have been busy preparing this shiny new release. We really hope that you like it.
- Support for iPhone 5 - a full screen of BBC iPlayer goodness and no more black bars!
- Watching programmes on the iPad has had a facelift. Check out what’s behind the “More” and “Live Channels” buttons.
- It's already available on the iPad, and now you can plug your phone into your telly.
- Feedback on the BBC iPlayer downloads feature has been great. We've fixed a number of bugs to hopefully make it even better!
As always, let us know what you think @bbciplayer
Version 2.0.0 (Sep 4, 2012)
New for Version 2.0 – download TV programmes to watch anywhere. Never suffer a boring journey again.
Download TV programmes and they’re yours to keep for up to 30 days.
Take your favourite programmes with you, be it on the way to work, on a flight, or with the kids in the car.
So, what will you download first?
Version 1.3.2 (Aug 13, 2012)
We've had some great feedback from all the passionate BBC iPlayer users out there and have made some updates.
- You asked for better playback so we've improved the video performance
- Better accessibility, including more Voice Over controls to make it even easier to enjoy BBC iPlayer's fantastic content
- Beautiful retina graphics for the new iPad
- Bug fixes and general tidying, so you'll notice even smoother performance
We hope you enjoy the updated BBC iPlayer, let us know what you think @BBCiPlayer.
Version 1.3.1 (Jan 30, 2012)
This BBC iPlayer app update includes:
- Fix for app crashing
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Version 1.3 (Dec 12, 2011)
New features in this update include:
- BBC iPlayer is now available on the iPhone and iPod touch.
- Watch on your TV using Apple AirPlay on iOS5
- Watch or listen to your favourite programme over 3G networks
Version 1.2 (Nov 16, 2011)
This BBC iPlayer iPad app update includes:
- TV out so you can connect your iPad to your TV and watch your favourite programmes (requires Apple cable)
- Bug fixes and improved performance
Version 1.1.1 (Oct 11, 2011)
This update brings iOS5 compatibility to the BBC iPlayer iPad app.
Included in this update:
- bug fixes for iOS5
Version 1.1 (Aug 16, 2011)
Since we launched the BBC iPlayer for iPad in February 2011, nearly a million of you have downloaded the app, playing millions of programmes. Amazing! For most of you, playback has been great, but some have reported problems. In many cases this is due to a poor Wi-Fi connection. In other cases, a bug was getting in your way.
We worked with some of you to help test this update, which should solve the problem. Thanks for your help!
Also in this update, introducing Radio 4 Extra, an archive entertainment network with classic comedy, drama and features.
We value your continued feedback. If you have thoughts about BBC iPlayer on iPad, don't hesitate to share them with us via 'Contact Us' on the BBC iPlayer website.