- Classroom Spelling
**"I really appreciate that this app was developed as a direct response to the many emails and feedback that @Reks
received about their other spelling apps. This is definitely a user friendly app, with child-proof settings, over 700
words and the ability to customise the app for students with special needs." - www.smartappsforkids.com
**"I found this app to be an easy to use and an intuitive spelling Education app that packs a lot of content into 3 learning modes to help young children learn how to spell...[it's a] nice interactive multi-sensory learning approach to teaching kids a necessary skill" - www.crazymikesapps.com
► option to create a list of spelling words (type in the new word and record your voice)!
► Built-In Phonics Lists with separate lists for word families
► Built-In Spelling Lists with separate lists for Short Vowels, Long Vowels, Sight Words, Dolch’s Word Lists (Pre-Primer, Primer, 1st Grade, 2nd Grade, and 3rd Grade), and more…
►audio and/or visual prompt
► PROFESSIONAL narration or child’s narration
► three modes: Learn, Practice and Test (quiz)
► upper or lower case letters
► optional Montessori-style color coding of vowels and consonants
► immediate sound feedback heard upon tapping the correct/incorrect letter
► positive reinforcement lowers affective filters making learning a more engaging and enjoyable process
► focus is put on letter recognition, word recognition, as well as on word/letter association
► ACCESSIBILITY options to for VISUALLY impaired and those struggling with fine motor skills
► option for custom made features for special needs students
►Child proof SETTINGS button (press and hold)
Classroom Spelling Application helps children as young as three learn how to spell. Children are motivated through positive reinforcement in the form of a fun balloon popping game (optional) offered after each successfully "written" word.
Advantage for Special Need Students:
* option of using blank background helps children focus on letters only
* option to choose high-contrast background for visually impaired
* option to choose answer method: drag&drop or simple tap
* the letters are easy to spot due to big letter cards
* no frustration since visual and audio prompts in the Learn Mode lead the child step by step through the correct spelling process
*the right spelling technique becomes salient since the app leads the child step by step through spelling allowing dragging one letter at a time in the correct order
* choose any number of redundant letters: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
* wrong letters become obvious with the help of immediate sound feedback heard after tapping the wrong letter
* repetition of audio prompt helps with hearing and remembering the word and letters
@Reks (aka AtReks) Apps are designed in compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule (COPPA).
- Does not contain ads.
- Does not contain in-app purchases.
- Does not contain integration with social networks.
- Does not use analytics / data collection tools.
- Does include links to apps by @Reks in the iTunes App Store hidden in the settings section behind child-proof settings button (press and hold).
Version 2.2 (Apr 8, 2013)
- Bonus FREE apps in the SETTINGS
- iOS 5.x bug fixes (record word and user avatar)
Version 2.1 (Mar 12, 2013)
- option to create contractions in custom lists (don't, can't, I'm, you're)
- option for longer narration in custom lists (e.g. record word + sentence or word + definition)
@Reks thanks you for your constant support and great suggestions in making this spelling app such a great educational tool!
Version 2.0 (Feb 13, 2013)
- Track your students' progress and share with parents
- Two new lists: "Final silent 'e'" and "High use words 2nd grade"
Version 1.5 (Jan 30, 2013)
@Reks listens to users’ suggestions and adds features:
• Share spelling lists to other iPads, iPhones …
• Share spelling lists to other Build A Word Spelling Apps by @Reks and Classroom Spelling App
• History keeps record of test results for individual students
• Undo button in Quiz Mode
• Customizable number of questions in quiz mode
• Retina backgrounds
A huge THANK YOU to all the teachers/professionals/parents who helped shape this update. @Reks appreciates your support!!
Version 1.4 (Oct 10, 2012)
Based on frequent correspondence with many educators using @Reks apps in classrooms, we have added the following
- History keeps record of test results for individual students
- Built-in Spelling Lists Expanded (word families) based on phonemic features of vowels, number of syllables, semantics …
- Customizable number of questions in quiz mode
- - Teaching Methodology
- Support for iPhone 5
A huge THANK YOU to all the teachers/professionals/parents who helped shape this update. @Reks appreciate your support!!
Version 1.3 (Aug 5, 2012)
Improved presentation of phonics content.
AtReks cares about the users. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions, suggestions or ideas about apps. Thank you@