- Comic Life
- The Most Powerful Photo Comic Creation App.
- Everything you need at your fingertips: speech balloons, photo filters, comic lettering, templates, shapes, shadows and effects.
4 1/2 Mice. "Comic Life stands out with a mixture of power and cuteness" - Macworld USA Sep 2011
5 out of 5. “Comic Life provides all the power and control you need to create dynamic, vibrant comics.” - Tap! The iPhone and iPad Magazine UK July 2011
5 out of 5. "Sets the standard for iPad developers: fun, easy to use and hugely impressive" - MacUser UK May 2011 issue
"Seriously this is 5 out of 5. Go get it" - geekpropaganda.net
"plasq have designed the user interface perfectly." - digmo.co.uk
Comic Life, the award winning photo comic creation software, has been redesigned for iOS. It’s the funnest, easiest and fastest way ever to create photo comics on a mobile device. Your comics come to life with our integrated reader on brilliant iOS displays. Easily go from taking photos to creating full comics all on one device with full page templates and panel layouts. Bring in photos from Photobooth or your library, and use our powerful editing and design tools to get exactly the look you want.
Comic Life 2.0 for iOS has everything you need for creating and sharing comics, including fun and quirky templates, stylized image filters, and an easy-to-use drag and drop placement. You have full control over the design of your comics with a huge selection design options – colors, fonts, gradients, balloons, captions, panels and more.
The Comic Life app is designed to parallel that of Apple’s iWork suite of apps, making it easy for you to transition your skills from Pages and Keynote to Comic Life. With similar tap functions and commands, it is simple to hit the ground running.
When your comic is complete, use the integrated reader to flip though the pages. You can also easily share your comic with other options: print, e-mail, or upload to Facebook and Twitter. Use the innovative In Tray option to share comics with nearby iOS devices. Comic collections provide a simple way to keep things tidy as the number of comics created on your iPad increases.
Comic Life 2.0 for iOS tools:
18 Adjustable Photo Filters
10 Templates with hundreds of panel layout options.
Fully customizable fill and borders for balloons, lettering, captions, panels and shapes
Customizable gradient builder
Over 60 font options
Load photos directly from photo library
Integrated camera feature to instantly add photos to your comic
Supports multi-page comics
Using Comic Life 2.0 for iOS you can:
- Read your comics with the integrated e-reader.
- Create photo comics in the full featured comic editor.
- Share your comics on Facebook, Twitter, via Mail and iTunes File Share.
- Transfer your comics to Mac or Windows and keep working with Comic Life 2 on your desktop or laptop.
- Send your comics to a printer on your wireless network.
- Exchange comics with other iOS devices through the innovative In Tray.
- Choose from full page layouts including panels, titles and captions along with complimentary styles for a professional look.
- Drag and Drop elements anywhere in your comic page.
- Easily add photos from your library with the Place Photo button in panels.
- Curve and place balloon tails precisely with advanced tail controls.
- Resize and rotate images, clip them in panels along with balloons, captions, and lettering.
- Create multilayered color gradients to design the perfect style for lettering, captions or background.
- Use smart shapes to add common shapes and the free from shape drawing tool to create any line or shape you can imagine.
- Work without worry of losing your creation as documents are automatically saved whenever a change is made.
Version 2.1.2 (Apr 15, 2013)
Various bug fixes and stability improvements.
Version 2.1.1 (Jan 28, 2013)
Various bug fixes and performance enhancements, plus updated localizations.
Version 2.1 (Dec 20, 2012)
* Adds support for iPhone 5
* Enhanced collection management
* Various bug fixes and performance enhancements
Version 2.0.1 (Nov 8, 2012)
Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Version 2.0 (Oct 2, 2012)
- Now available for iPhone and iPod Touch
- “Open In” feature allows users to share a PDF of comics in other apps
- Two page reader mode on iPad
- Various bug fixes and stability improvements
Version 1.2.4 (Aug 3, 2012)
Various stability improvements and fixes
Version 1.2.3 (Jul 3, 2012)
Various bug fixes and stability improvements.
Version 1.2.2 (Jun 12, 2012)
- Improved WebDAV support
- In Tray transfer performance increased
- Other fixes and stability improvements
Version 1.2.1 (Apr 18, 2012)
Updated for Retina devices plus various other bug fixes.
Version 1.2 (Mar 15, 2012)
Three new Import and Export options: Dropbox, iTunes file syncing, and WebDAV. Also, High quality option is now
available for saving photos to your Photo Library. The Import and Export options allow either Comic Life Archive or PDF
formats. Comic Life Archives can be shared with desktop versions of Comic Life.
Version 1.1.1 (Oct 26, 2011)
Various minor improvements
Version 1.1 (Oct 13, 2011)
Requires iOS 5.0 or later.
Localized into Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
High resolution output including PDF and JPEG
Twitter image posting
Comics can now be dragged between collections for easier management
Transparency in PNGs is preserved when pasting images
And other minor improvements
Version 1.0.5 (Sep 13, 2011)
Fixed crashing bug when adding shapes
CJK glyphs now appear in lettering as expected
Other fixes and stability improvements
Version 1.0.4 (Jul 19, 2011)
Stability improvements and bug fixes.
Version 1.0.3 (Jun 23, 2011)
Many stability improvements
Miscellaneous bug fixes
Version 1.0.2 (May 24, 2011)
* Enables full UI mirroring for iPad 2
* Various crash fixes that occur during editing
* Fixes crash when hitting "Undo" on numeric keyboard
* Provides easy crash reporting system for enhanced support
* Other bug fixes
Version 1.0.1 (May 2, 2011)
Fixes the Blank template crash after install via iTunes sync.