- Dictionary.com Dictionary & Thesaurus - No Ads
AD-Free version of the top-rated app with trusted reference content from Dictionary.com & Thesaurus.com. WORKS OFFLINE - no Internet connection needed when searching words. ★ Time Magazine ‘Top 10 Back-To-School App’, Apple ‘Top 10 App’ High School Survival Guide, Winner: CNET Top 100 Mobile App Award ★
* English Dictionary and Thesaurus - over 2,000,000 definitions, synonyms & antonyms
*Ad-free premium app – no distracting advertisements
* Offline access – no Internet connection needed for most content
* Daily content, including Word of the Day & The Hot Word
* Audio pronunciation
* Example sentences
* Word origin & history
*Voice search (five free searches included)
*Fastest search speed available, saving valuable time
*Medical Dictionary with over 35,000 medical words & definitions
*Science Dictionary with over 23,000 science definitions & illustrations
*Translator for over 52 languages, perfect for ESL and reliable translations into English
*Modern, up-to-date, Dictionary.com definitions & content, including over 2,000 new entries, including mankini, quantitative easing, prepone, and more.
*Customizable font sizes for better readability
* Favorite words
* Search history
* Spelling suggestions
* Popular & local trending searches
Tip: To turn Word of the Day notifications on or off, go to Settings > Notifications > Dictionary and toggle On or Off.
Dictionary.com, LLC Web SiteDictionary.com Dictionary & Thesaurus - Free SupportApplication License Agreement
★Highlighted Reviews in iTunes ★
“The Dictionary.com mobile app is my favorite. I love that it works even if I don't have an internet connection on my iPhone. 5 stars!”- Jan M.
“I love this app!! Not only does this app define words but it shows you how to pronounce them. Now I have all the words in the world at my fingertips!” - Angela S.
“Ever want to define a word when you're on the go? With the Dictionary.com iPhone app and you can have a mobile library in your pocket! It's AWESOME!!” - Millie J.
“We get to learn a new word everyday, great for my high school kids!” –AbkGH
“Great for students, teachers, avid readers anyone who wants to learn: this app is a vital resource!” - Prarie D.
“This app runs smoothly and efficiently. Very pleased!” -Word Player77
Version 4.1 (Apr 10, 2013)
We have fixed an unforeseen issue experienced by some users. Please update to ensure optimal performance.
Thank you for your patience! We'd love to hear from you with any additional feedback.
Version 4.0 (Mar 21, 2013)
What's New in Version 4.0
- 60% faster than previous version: speedy browsing and access to your recent searches, saving time
- Updated content, including 2,000 new Dictionary.com definitions including mankini, quantitative easing, prepone
- New Medical Dictionary with over 35,000 medical words & definitions
- New Science Dictionary with over 23,000 science definitions & illustrations
- New Translator feature from English to 30 languages.
- Customizable font sizes as requested by our users for better readability
- Misc. bug fixes
Version 3.7 (Oct 11, 2012)
- Optimized for iPhone 5 screens
- iOS-related bug fixes
Version 3.6 (Jun 14, 2012)
Faster app launch
Additional free voice searches
New content: More than one million example sentences added
Unlimited number of favorite words, now alphabetized
Version 3.5 (Feb 29, 2012)
Fixed issue related to voice search
Version 3.4 (Feb 24, 2012)
Bug fixes, including copy and paste
Updated app icon
Version 3.3 (Dec 15, 2011)
Fixed bug that removed punctuation
Version 3.2 (Nov 16, 2011)
- iOS 5 fixes
- Full support for landscape orientation
- Trending words, popular and nearby searches
- Previous Words of the Day and Hot Word Blog entries
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
Version 2.1 (Feb 25, 2011)
Faster content loading
Easily add Word of the Day to favorite word list
Voice to text support for iPods with external microphone
Version 2.0 (Dec 20, 2010)
Updated design, plus loads of new features, including:
Daily content: Swipe gallery-style through the Word of the Day, Spanish Word of the Day, Question of the Day and our new Hot Word blog
Favorites: Save your favorite words to an editable list
Voice-to-text search: Say a word to get the definition (includes 15 free voice
searches, then $0.99 for an additional 300)
Backgrounds: Customize your app's look with 9 unique backgrounds
Share: Post word meanings on Facebook and Twitter
And much more...