- Follett Digital Reader
Follett Digital Reader By Follett Library Resources
Follett Digital Reader app leverages the power of FollettShelf™ and Destiny® Library Manager™ giving you instant and easy access to Follett eBooks on the go.
More than just pages on a screen – Follett eBooks are dynamic teaching tools that enhance learning, both in the library and the classroom.
Enjoy easy and instant access to your school library’s Follett eBook collection on the go from your iPad with the Follett Digital Reader app.
The Follett Digital Reader app gives you access to Follett eBooks that you have checked out from your library.
Supports two modes of access:
- Online reader access (persistent internet connection required)
- Download reader access (for when you need to travel outside of WiFi and celluar hotspot range)
Easily configured; ask your librarian for the URL to your library’s FollettShelf along with your username and password. Next enter this information in the configuration screen in the app, and your app will be linked to your library.
You can access any eBooks you already have checked out in FollettShelf, or you can search for new titles with the “Checkout more Books” button and check them out directly through the app.
Your eBooks will automatically return at the end of the loan period or you can return them early.
Familiar features such as Bookmark, ToC, Search*, Dictionary*, Highlighting* and Note Taking* are all available. *(these features available for online reading only)
Intuitive tablet navigation; swipe, pinch, tap and gesture your way through your eBooks and the reader tools.
Version 1.2 (Oct 27, 2012)
Updated to include the following:
• Integrated with new FollettShelf
• Improved user interface
• New remember last page feature
• Improved performance: checkouts, returns, and page turns
• Logout functionality now supported
Version 1.1 (Apr 4, 2012)
- Updated for retina display
- Notes can no longer get stuck behind bookmarks
- Fixed pan and zoom issues when sidebar is up
- Delete All Notes no longer removes your highlights
- Fixed issues with changing orientation while reading a book
- You now change pages if you pan the book to the 1/3 margins of either side
- ToC behaves properly when navigating back up the tree
- Users now must enter something for both the note title and note content fields before save is active.
- Search now displays "No results found"
- Notes are now sorted by page order
- Various dialog wording updates
- Fixed issues that caused Download/Cancel to become "stuck"
- Search and Lookup labels now appear properly