NOW WITH BETTER CONTROLS:
Frogatto is a classic-style 2d adventure game, starring a certain quixotic frog. It's made by the same team that brought you Battle for Wesnoth, and features the same handcrafted love of high-end pixel art. Frogatto is a side-on "platformer" or "jump and run" game, where you lead our titular character on a humdrum errand that turns into a daring adventure.
Frogatto's key mechanic is an unusual twist; like any frog, he jumps, swims, and snags bugs with his tongue, but unlike any frog before him, can spit those bugs out with deadly force. Not merely an action game, frogatto is a full, classic adventure game, with characters to talk to, things to buy, puzzles to solve, and a wide, complex world to explore.
- grab enemies with your tongue and spit them to deal damage
- buy powerups to enhance and unlock new abilities
- arcade mode, giving instant access to action-only gameplay on randomized levels
- forgiving savegame/respawn system so you don't have to be afraid of losing progress
- playful dialogue writing that tries not to insult your intelligence
- massive soundtrack with over an hour of original music
- sprawling, complex world with over 50 levels to explore, and tons of secrets to find
- OpenFeint and Achievement support
To find out more about the game please visit http://www.frogatto.com/
- [3/4 SlideToPlay.com] "a fun and surprisingly deep platformer"
- [4/5 AppSpy.com] "boy-howdy is this an amazing visual feast!"
- [n/a TouchArcade.com] "totally worth checking out."
Version 1.2 (Dec 10, 2011)
* Complete redo of attack logic; frogatto now is free to walk around whilst he attacks, and in general is much
* Frogatto's tongue-grabbing is MUCH more forgiving
* Complete rewrite of damage handling; much more consistent now, and categorically eliminates some bugs where damage wouldn't get dealt.
* Reworked some tilesets to eliminate tiling errors.
* Further enhancements to dungeon wall graphics (added edges).
* New, more readable dialogue font.
* Lots of small graphical tweaks.
* Maps are now strewn with spittable props within easy reach.
* Rewrote most of the dialogue.
* Collectible items like coins can be collected by being touched by the tongue, besides just frogatto's body.
* Redrew the world map.
* Added a few new monsters, like the red hornbugs, and completely rewrote how bats behave.
* Fixed a bug that caused a black line in the seaside background during dialogues.
* Fixed a bug that caused some tiles to incorrectly be flagged as opaque.
Version 1.1.1 (Jun 18, 2011)
- Fixed some crashing
- Fixed The Long Haul (arcade level)
- Fixed instructions on titlescreen
- New translation: Italian
Version 1.1 (May 13, 2011)
- iPad support (universal)
- Redone controls with only 2 arrows
- Arcade modes
- OpenFeint integration with achievements, and leaderboards for arcade levels
- Translations (French, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese)
- Art improvements
- Misc. bug fixes and improvements
Version 1.0.3 (Sep 25, 2010)
* Made it so you can skip dialogs sequences.
* Added option to reverse positions of A and B buttons.
* Made hearts heal a full heart, rather than just half.
* Made golden ants less ambiguous.
* Fixed bug making certain music always play at full volume.
* Pressing jump while in the air pressing against a wall now makes you cling to the wall.
* Fixed some z-order issues.
* Fixed bug causing ambient sounds to not work.
* Improved forest background, and made it go upwards infinitely.
* Made water look better in many situations.
* Some other small bug fixes.
Version 1.0.1 (Aug 6, 2010)
* Significantly improved controls, both functionally and graphically.
* Fixed auto-saving on iOS4 where multitasking is supported.
* Fixed bug where a dialog could repeat forever.
* Fixed crash in world map when you hold down while entering it.
* Added music and sound volume controls to pause screen.
* Added half-hearts.
* Minor level changes.
* Updated music.