- GifBoom: Animated GIF Camera
The easiest way to create and share GIFs on iPhone
With GifBoom you can make animated photos (GIFs) from your camera, or your Photo Library, or Videos in 60 seconds! You can send the GIFs to your friends via Email, MMS or Social network.
- Create animated GIFs that you can share to anywhere from your camera, photos or videos.
- 60 frames, up to 30 frames per second (HD video quality), and unlimited fast uploads
- Make GIF Collages. Only from GifBoom
- Make Glitter Texts on GIFs or Photos. Only from GifBoom.
- Import from your Camera roll
- High Resolution
- Onion skin support in manual shooting mode
- Convert your videos in your Camera roll to animated GIFs
- Crop & Rotate
- Digital Zoom
- Dozens of special effects, static and animated frames to make your GIFs more special.
- Change speed of your auto timer in camera shooting or use "Manual" mode. You can control whatever speed you want to take photos.
- One Tap Instant sharing to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Email and MMS
- Save GIFs to camera roll
- Change the speed of your replay with a live preview
- Copy the animated GIFs to MMS (yes, you can send the photo via text messaging on iPhone!)
- Unlimited uploads
- Local Gallery to store your GIFs.
- Download GIFs to your Gallery
- Browse millions of hilarious GIFs on your phone!
- Portrait and Landscape orientation modes
- Interact with friends through giving & receiving likes and comments
- Support front & back camera
- Compatible with iPhone 3GS and above, iPad and above...
- And much much more...
Version 4.5.3 (May 20, 2013)
* Increased frame limit to 60, that is double what we used to have! Also you can take pics as fast as 30 frames per second (might be lower on older devices), and you can speed up your gifs to 30 frames per second. Make some HD gifs and tell @gifboom!
* Fixed a bug where GIF speed is slowed down when using Looping mode.
* Other bug fixes.
* Also, if you're posting to tumblr, please be aware that tumblr does not allow uploading big gifs. So if you see a static image on tumblr after sharing, please try reducing number of frames. Or ask Tumblr to give us a bigger limit!
More goodies coming soon. Thank you from GifBoom HQ and drop us a note firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions! We
love reading them.
Version 4.5.2 (May 10, 2013)
Version 4.5.1 (May 1, 2013)
- Fixed crashes during processing GIFs.
- Fixed Problem with playing audio in headphone
Version 4.5 (Apr 26, 2013)
Our biggest update takes your gifs to the next level.
- Add Voice and Music to your gifs! Our ground-breaking addition to gifs will transform the media to a richer experience! Your gifs do not have to be silent all the time now. Press and hold a button to record your voice and attach to the gif so your viewers can also listen to what you say! It is truly personal! Or search among millions of songs and add your favorite music to match the gif. And you can even send your private messages with Gifs and Audio together!
- Make a gif Collage! Pick or choose your gifs, photos and texts and make one of dozens of collage frames! It is super fun to put some gifs together or add a memo. One and only again from GifBoom!
- We've redone Text Gif and this time, it'll be much easier, faster and better. Make a statement or write your story in text gifs. They will amaze your friends!
- Meet New Faces! Our intelligent algorithms will discover interesting users and new comers and recommend them (or you). It is a great place to hang out with other active lovers of GifBoom!
And many more small fixes and improvements. By the way, don't forget to check out our new cool post menu. We're just so excited!
Version 4.3.0 (Mar 11, 2013)
★ Use GIF as cover photo.
★ Subscriptions: subscribe to your favorite users and receive notifications as soon as they post a GIF.
★ Configure notifications settings to choose what notifications you want to receive.
★ Smaller GIF sizes: Set whether to use smaller GIF sizes in feed in Advanced Settings. Especially useful for non-iphone 5 devices.
★ New Filter!
Version 4.2.0 (Feb 12, 2013)
Upgrade your GifBoom experience to the next level.
★ New Profile page and Cover Photo
Revamp your profile with beautiful cover photo.
View all your gifs in a grid on your profile.
★ New Feed design
Cleaner and faster feed
★ New popular page
We changed the Popular page so Popular gifs are shown first. Tap the top left corner to switch to a different category
★ New filters
We added two fun filters: Madrid and Vienna. They're really fun!
You can add locations to your Gifs!
★ Swipe to delete entire conversation
A long asked feature never comes too late
★ Many more bug fixes and UI touches
Version 4.1.1 (Jan 9, 2013)
- Fixed: sometimes app would not open
- Fixed: sometimes messages are not shown. (if your old messages are not shown, please delete the app and reinstall the new version)
- Lots of stability and usability improvements
Version 4.1.0 (Dec 18, 2012)
Want colors other than Red? Choose your favorite theme from Blue, Black, Pink and Purple on Settings page.
★ GIFs in Feed
GIFs play directly in your Feed. Like and reboom GIFs directly with one tap on feed page.
★ New Filters
Added 4 awesome filters. Will add more effects soon.
Tap 3 times on GIF to Reboom instantly! (2 taps means Like)
On GIF page, swipe right to go back to previous page.
★ Featured GIFs
Added Featured category chosen by editors. Get your GIF picked by its creativity, funniness and imaginativeness.
★ Follow more people
Increased following limit to 5000
★ Less Bugs
Fixed a few bugs and crashes
Version 4.0.1 (Nov 26, 2012)
Critical bug fixes and profile page improvements
Version 4.0 (Nov 19, 2012)
★ Private Messaging
Send messages and gifs to friends via our in-app messaging. It's simple, fast and fun!
Add your gifs to channels such as LOL, Artistic, Paranormal, Celebs, Sports and Photo Booth. More channels coming soon!
★ Loop Mode
In addition to making the GIF move forward or backward, we added a Loop Mode so GIFs can move back and fourth, like a yo-yo.
★ Top Users
Browse our top users and try to climb the ranks!
★ New Design
We revamped our design to feature a smoother, brighter and better look!
Version 3.3 (Oct 26, 2012)
Introduce the first ever Animated Text GIF feature which makes your text animated. Amaze your friends on Text Messaging and Social Network by showing them that your text can move!
Instead of making endless screenshots while you're typing, Animated Text feature is simpler and faster. Open your camera in GifBoom app, Select the 'txt' button and start typing just like usual. Press 'Snap' button when you are ready to take a frame. Take up to 30 frames. In the preview stage, you can pick a different background, frame, font and color. There're endless ways of customizing how your text look and making them fun & surprising.
Even more, you can pick your own photo from Album or Instagram as the background. It's like a Text Gram becoming live!
Make your text live through Animated Text GIF. Tap the 'iMessage' button to send one to your friends today!
Version 3.2.8 (Sep 30, 2012)
★ iOS 6 and iPhone 5 Compatible
★ Frame by frame extraction from video to gif
★ Showing more than 50 comments
★ Share to Facebook pages
★ Share published gifs to tumblr
★ Verified accounts support - brands can add verified status
★ Improving gif quality
Version 3.2.6 (Sep 13, 2012)
- Fixed flipping when using front camera
- Fixed onion skin
- Minor stability fixes
Version 3.2.5 (Sep 5, 2012)
- Brought back the fast camera snapping
- A better flagging and reporting system
- Much more stable
Version 3.2.4 (Aug 21, 2012)
- Fixed upside down photos captured with front camera
- Fixed occasional crashes
Version 3.2.3 (Aug 17, 2012)
- Upon popular request, we've increased maximum number of frames to 30!
- Make gifs directly from facebook photos. Now besides importing photos from camera roll, you can browse and import facebook photos. Tap the album icon in camera view to start.
- Turn on/off facebook timeline sharing. Simply go to sharing settings to configure facebook timeline settings if you are connected to facebook.
- Fixed blurry, choppy gifs and enhanced quality of camera capture.
- Fixed grid on camera view
- No more comments being cut off
- Uploads now faster than ever!
Version 3.2.2 (Jun 18, 2012)
★ Introducing Overshoot mode: Open Camera -> Settings -> Turn on Overshoot will allow you to shoot 10 more
photos than the maximum (so it'll be up to 30 photos now) and so you can choose the best 20 for your GIF.
★ Fixed the bug where reboom missed entered text.
★ Added a new filter (Rio)
★ Fixed crashing issues when opening app and other stability improvements.
Version 3.2.1 (May 30, 2012)
- iPod 3rd Generation can make and post GIFs now
- On user profile page, you can see whether the user is following you.
- Fixed camera zooming issue
- Improved Filters
- Added new Filters (Sydney) and new Frames (Stamp, Black Arc)
- Stability improvements
Version 3.2 (May 9, 2012)
★ Fixed "Loading" blank page when importing photos/videos
★ Fixed Photo squishness and ill-proportions when imported
★ Photo picker now will still remember picked photos when backed out of preview
★ Fixed occasional missing GIF caption and comment texts
★ Set Camera Timer default to OFF
★ Remember Camera Speed settings
★ Fixed captions got removed when connecting with social networks during publishing
★ You can cancel publishing directly from publish page by sliding up the page and tapping cancel button.
★ Stability and Speed improvement
Version 3.1.1 (May 2, 2012)
Note: since 3.0 your GIFs are automatically saved to Gallery before publishing, so you can just cancel out publishing if not wanted.
- Fixed occasional timeout issues when launching GifBoom
- If there's background music, it will continue playing when using GifBoom
- Options to turn off timer (use settings/gear button in camera view. Once it's set, it'll remember your setting next time.)
- Stability and Speed fixes.
Version 3.1 (Apr 24, 2012)
- Stability and Speed improvement.
- Double tap a GIF to like
- Autocomplete for username when commenting. Type '@' and we will provide suggestions for usernames. (This works after the comments have already been downloaded)
- Added a camera timer. Automatic shooting starts 5 seconds after pressing the camera button. We'll add a setting to turn it off later.
- Copy to Clipboard for MMS should work now.
- Login with Facebook/Twitter.
Version 3.0 (Apr 22, 2012)
GifBoom 3.0 Is Here! Faster, Prettier and Better. If you liked GifBoom, you'll love it now! We have revamped our Look and Feel, added tons of new features and made it smaller and faster.
★ New look & feel
We have improved our graphics to a streamlined, modern look, with the same ease of use you have experienced before so you will not feel strange but will feel more pleased to use GifBoom.
★ Import GIFs
Do you have some GIFs saved on your computer or your website? For the first time you are able to import them directly into GifBoom! Simply send/save/sync them to your Camera Roll and we will do the rest.
★ Add Text to Your GIFs
Now you can add free text to your GIFs. You can choose different types of fonts, sizes, colors and you can scale, rotate and move them as freely as you want. It's simple but powerful.
★ Real time Filters & Frames
We completely revamped our filters and frames. Finally you have some best effects available to pimp up your GIFs. Better than that, all these filters are real time so you don't have to wait to see how they look.
★ Flip your GIFs
Besides rotate left and right, we added flipping as well so you can make sure your GIFs look right.
★ See who liked your GIFs
A long time asked feature, we finally enable you to see all likers for your GIFs. Not only that, we also automatically show the first five likers on a GIF. Think about that as a special award to your most enthusiastic fans. We hope the feature is worth the wait but you can tell us if it is or not.
★ See the original GIF on reboomed GIFs
Have you ever wanted to see what the original GIF is when you see a reboomed GIF in your feed? Now when you view the reboomed gif, there is a small snippet from the original GIF and you can tap the original author's name or see exactly how many likes/comments the original has got. Tapping on that you will be able to view the original as well. Talk about giving the original creator some credit he/she deserves!
★ See more than 100 followers/followings etc.
Before you can only see up to 100 followers/followings. Now we have infinite scroll so you can take a look at them all. Never miss one person behind!
★ Onion Skins
We improved our onion skins in the Manual mode. It's more precise than ever.
★ Edit Username
Lots of users wanted to change their username but had to email us. It took a couple of hours but admittedly a long process in GifBoom. So we made it available that you can change it yourself in "Edit Profile" section.
★ New Icon
Last but not least, we gave our icon a slight artistic touch. We hope you enjoy it as much as the app itself!
We also made the app much faster and snappier than before. More than that, your GIFs will automatically be saved to GIF Gallery before publishing so you can always view them later on your phone.
Thank you for your awesome support. We'll unleash even more exciting things soon.
Version 2.7.0 (Mar 22, 2012)
Stability bug fixes. We're sorry about the crashes. The good news is it's almost over. We will have much more exciting updates coming soon.
Version 2.6.9 (Mar 14, 2012)
Note: please don't upgrade if your current version is stable. Another update is coming soon.
- Must faster to launch camera
- Fixed major crashing issues.
Version 2.6.8 (Feb 27, 2012)
- Stability fix. Reduced many possible crashes.
Version 2.6.7 (Feb 17, 2012)
- We're working super hard to work out the kinks with app crashes. If you continue to see any more, please send us
an email email@example.com directly so we can respond immediately.
- Fixed problems with GIF image sequence
- Go to "Settings" tab and now you can see all GIFs you have liked.
- Edit your birthday info. Birthday is private, only your age may be shown.
- Added alert when accessing your Address book for searching.
Version 2.6.6 (Feb 8, 2012)
- As you asked, we're separating news into "Following" & "You" sections! "You" tab will only show news
directly relevant to you.
- More improvements on stability.
Version 2.6.5 (Feb 3, 2012)
- fixed crashes when importing long video
- fixed crashes when loading camera roll with many photos
- fixed crashes when saving GIF to camera roll under iOS 4.0
- fixed many instability and usability bugs
- fixed GIF speed too fast
- cannot connect with Tumblr? Added hint to use email instead of username.
- added reset password link
- added function to edit email address in Advanced Settings
- added Tell a Friend link. Simply tap to send GifBoom to your friends!
Thank you very much for your feedbacks, you are awesome!
Version 2.6.2 (Jan 11, 2012)
- Fixed crashes when loading photos from camera roll under iOS 4.x
- Fixed uploading profile images.
Version 2.6.1 (Jan 10, 2012)
Version v2.6.1 (Jan 6, 2012)
Fixed a critical bug in Posting for iOS 4
- Edit Profile info. Add your name, location, website & bio from the app to get more followings
- Much clearer profile pics
- Faster twitter login
- Many stability & bug fixes