- Google Latitude
Google Latitude lets you stay in touch with your friends and family by making it easy to share where you are and see each other on a map. Check in at places to share them with friends.
With Latitude, you can:
* See your friends on a map – find out who’s nearby and meet up.
* Share your location continuously with whomever you choose – help friends and family stay in touch with you, even when you can’t take out your phone.
* Control your privacy – share only city-level location, hide your location, or turn off background updating at any time.
Latitude lets you share your location in the background, even when the app is closed or your device screen is locked. Background updating requires an iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4 with iOS 4 or above.
You can also enjoy Latitude from your computer at google.com/latitude to see where your friends are or turn on optional apps such as Google Location History for a personal history dashboard.
Version 2.2.1 (Dec 5, 2011)
Several bug fixes
Version 2.2 (Nov 15, 2011)
* Check-ins now use Google+ for sharing
* Minor bug fixes
Version 2.1.3 (Oct 31, 2011)
* iOS 5 support
* Bug fixes and tweaks
Version 2.1.2 (Apr 25, 2011)
* Fixed location reporting bug that also resulted in poor battery performance
Version 2.1 (Mar 21, 2011)
-- Check-ins: Check in at places like restaurants so your friends can see you’re there.
-- Improved battery use when background reporting
Version 2.0.2 (Feb 5, 2011)
* On iOS 4.0 and iOS 4.1, the Location Services icon will now turn off when background reporting is disabled or you are not logged in
Version 2.0.1 (Jan 22, 2011)
* Improved battery usage
* Support for iPhone 3G (note that background location reporting is not supported by the hardware)
* Fixed bug where Maps button didn't appear
Version 126.96.36.1996 (Dec 13, 2010)