- GPS-Tracks for iPhone
Multimedia-Tour guide with Topo maps for the european alpine region. GPS-Tracks for iPhone is designed for the
application at hiking, theme trails, GEO-caching, cycling, snow trail tours, ski tours, MTB, site seeing tours, etc.
All iPhones from version 3G, iPads and iPods with WiFi-connection.
If the App is moved to the background, the GPS-receiving continues. This can quickly discharge the battery.
- Original, free Topo maps from scale 1:25'000 for Switzerland, Germany and Austria. Openstreetmaps and Opentopomaps for worldwide use.
- Complete footpath, cycling and further networks to overlay the maps. Examples: footpath network Switzerland, cycling network Switzerland and South Germany, ....
- «Top of»-routes: Integrated Tour-guide with over 5000 professional created routes in the field of hiking, theme trails, cycling, mountainbike, ski tours, snow trail tours, transalp, etc. Following the principle: just the best routes of the region!
- Multimedia routes with Dia-shows and Audio-contents: Exactly located explanations from the expert. Constantly incrasing offer.
- Over 250'000 Points of interests, like hotels, museums, sights, ... – provided by our tourism-partners.
- Routing via leisure-path networks e.g. from point A to point B via footpaht network.
- Free text search in all databases. E.g. for mountain names, locations, addresses, etc. Alignment oft he map on these points.
- Recording of your own routes and waypoints and saving them on the iPhone or on www.GPS-Tracks.com.
- Revolutionary: With a free account on www.GPS-Tracks.com you can plan your routes (using the whole assortment of Topo- and satellite maps) and transfer them to the iPhone without any installation of software or maps. You do not need to connect the iPhone to the computer. Plan routes unlimitedly and recall them anytime and anywhere.
- All routes, POI's and maps (Topo-CH for a small value) can be saved on the iPhone (in case there is no telephone connection on the way).
- Friends-function to show your position realtime in the map of the iPhone of your friends.
- Data fields with height, distance, direction, coordinate, trip-dates, etc. to overlay..
- Simple user guidance: without initial effort or previous knowledge easily operated.
- All data can be saved on the iPhone. You can e.g. transfer data at home on a WiFi network to your iPhone and hence will be independent of a data connection on the way. If additional data is loaded through the internet connection on the way, we recommend to open a data subscription at your telecommunications provider. 30 MB per month are enough for that purpose. For a route Tour incl. all map data approx. 3 MB are loaded.
This App and its content were developed with the support from i.a.:
- Adelboden / Frutigen Tourismus
- Allgäu Tourismus
- Appenzellerland Tourismus
- Brigels Tourismus
- Colltex Skihaftfelle
- Chur Tourismus
- Davos Klosters Tourismus
- Swiss Cyling - Schweizerischer Radfahrerbund
- Engadin- St.Moritz Tourismus
- Entlebuch Unesco Biospärenreservat
- Heidiland Tourismus
- Vierwaldstättersee / Lakeluzern.ch Tourismus
- Lenzerheide Tourismus
- Liechtenstein Tourismus
- Luzern Tourismus
- Schweizerischer Alpen-Club SAC
- Schaffhauserland Tourismus
- Disentis-Sedrun Tourismus
- St.Gallen Business Location
- Hegau Tourismus
- Regiun Surselva
- Ticino Tourismus
- Viamala Tourismus
- Urner Wanderwege
- Region Willisau
- Winterthur Tourismus
- Zürichsee Tourismus
- Zug Tourismus
- Bad Zurzach
- Berner Wanderwege
- Interlaken Tourismus
Version 1.70 (Apr 17, 2013)
• Two-finger zoom (pinch zoom)
• Double-finger tabs for ZoomIn (bottom half) and Zoom Out (top half)
• In the meantime, more than 100 different paper maps from Hallwag, Kümmerly & Frey can be downloaded in the app (download the digital version is included in the purchase price of the paper map). See all available maps in the GPS-Tracks.com shop.
• Map Products publishing partners (eg Motormännens, Karttakeskus, Autoliitto, ExpressMap, ...)
• New improved free topo map (Opentopomap) with shading and contours (replaces OpenCycleMap)
• Partial translation into Finnish
• English for all non-supported languages
• Various bug fixes
Version 1.62 (Jul 24, 2012)
1) New, the digital copy of the following outdoor topo paper maps (tear and water proof) available from
Kümmerly+Frey (in the GPS-Tracks.com shop for € 12.30) will be loaded into the app at no additional cost. Ideally, to
avoid roaming costs on vacation:
- Lake Garda (1:50'000)
- Madeira (1:40'000)
- Meran (1:35'000)
- Vinschgau (1:50'000)
- Schwäbische Alb (1:35'000)
- Bodensee West / Ost (1:35'000)
other regions follows shortly.
2) Various bug fixes
Version 1.61 (Jan 26, 2012)
Crash on iPhone 3G model fixed.
Version 1.60 (Jan 4, 2012)
Diverse bug fixes
- Premium Open Street and OpenCycleMap. Thanks to self-powered servers:
- Very fast downloads
- Large downloads possible (all countries).
- (Switchable) magnetic compass.
- Swedish as a new language
Version 1.50 (Apr 11, 2011)
- General bug fixes.
- Italian text completely rewritten (thanks go to Nino Villari).
- French text completely rewritten (thanks go to Stéphanie et Bettina).
- New option to download Hallwag Kümmerly + Frey maps purchased in paper form as free, digital maps (starting with mountain bike maps).
- Map download speed doubled.
- For free maps, the number of higher scales (fewer details) to be downloaded can now also be specified.
- New topographical 1:500,000 scale for Switzerland available.
- New option to download large areas of the topographical map of Switzerland onto iPhone (e.g. all map scales for the Alps region or all 1:25,000 scale maps for the whole of Switzerland).
Version 1.4 (Dec 21, 2010)
- English, french and italian translation.
- Free Winter map Alps with mapped skiing regions, ski pists, contour lines, steep slopes etc.
- Friends-function to show your position realtime in the map on the iPhone of your friends.
- Data fields with height, distance, direction, coordinate, trip-dates, etc. to overlay.
- Advanced GoTo-function with indication of distance, time requirement, direction and arrival at goal. Ideal for geocachers.
- Cross line in map while manually shifting the map.
- Adjustment of various small bugs.