- Great Big War Game
▶ GAME OF THE YEAR, WINNER !!
(Mobile category, Game Dynamo 2012)
▶ STRATEGY GAME OF THE YEAR, WINNER !!
(Mobile category, IGN 2012)
▶ BAFTA NOMINATED
Taking military "advice" from the ridiculous generalissimo, can you battle your way through this truly massive, content-packed military campaign? Plan your missions, deploy your "forces", try not to fall off the sofa laughing!
▶ "Everything about this game is awesome" - Pad Gadget
▶ "This is an impressive package for strategy fans" - 148 Apps
▶ "Replay value is outstanding" - App Smile
You've plenty of units to play with, covering land, sea and airborne combat. Be warned though, these funny cartoon troops are not exactly "the right stuff".
Playing as "Jenkins", the hard done to lieutenant, you will need to complete the Generalissimo's wide variety of mission orders - collect resources, assassinate enemy generals, invade territory, evacuate your forces, do a bit of enemy base ownage, etc.
▶ "It’s simply an amazing turn-based strategy game" - Touch Arcade
▶ "It's the real deal" - Slide To Play
▶ "This is a wonderful game, accessible yet challenging" - Gamezebo
40+ hours of campaign mode not enough? There is also unlimited skirmish play vs the AI for quick fixes, on a wide variety of custom maps.
And there's still more - Multiplayer. You can Pass & Play on a single device, or join our thriving online community, playing head to head at a pace that suits you. Online play is cross-platform, so you can play and/or transfer your account to other supported platforms.
▶ "This game plays beautifully and looks fantastic" - App Advice
▶ "Not downloading it is damn near criminal" - MoDojo
▶ "Just buy it, plain and simple" - IGN
✓ 50 Mission single player campaign
✓ Online asynchronous multiplayer
✓ Pass n Play & Skirmish vs AI
✓ GameCenter achievements
✓ Stunning visuals (full retina 3D)
✓ Simple, intuitive control method
✓ Tons of humor
✓ No birds were harmed (or made angry) during development!
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/GreatBigWarGame
"Bag 'em & Tag 'em"
Version 1.4.1 (Jan 27, 2013)
* Fix for the flag drawing that broke with the last update. Sorry about that hiccup.
Version 1.4.0 (Jan 19, 2013)
* New multiplayer map - "Trenches"
* Added option to disable iCloud Sync
The following maps have been deprecated. You can finish games on them, but will only be able to start new matches on the new "2" versions which have improved gameplay balance.
* "Friendly Fire"
* "Devil's Island"
* "Train to Hell"
* "Winter Wonderland"
* Fixed buggy counter-attacking decisions due to fog of war. Defending units now will always counter attack ignoring
any fog issues as they have a marker location from the attacker
* Fixed occasional problem attacking multiple stacked units. For example an MLRS would sometimes not attack a scout sitting in a jeep on a ferry.
* Skyhooks can no longer pick up Oilers
* Fixed map "Merry Go Round" to have balanced start derricks
* Fixed map "Close Quarters" to have perfect symmetry
* Fixed map "Ich Will Sonne" to have perfect symmetry
* Fixed map "Sunny Vale" to have perfect symmetry
Version 1.2.3 (Nov 16, 2012)
* Fix for iPad 3 issues from previous update.
* Fix for iPhone 5 sending corrupted online matches.
Version 1.2.2 (Nov 7, 2012)
* Fixed hang when opponent with infantry in a jeep in a ferry tried to move that jeep onto an adjacent empty
* Fixed issue where fast-forwarding an opponent's turn would occasionally yield a different result than to watching it at normal speed. This is related to some instances of ferry disembarkation.
* Dead buildings no longer open up the fog. Note that if something else reveals part of a larger dead building, all of it will be shown regardless, as always.
* Added an option in Help & Options -> Settings to toggle on much slower text dialogs.
* Friends list now sorted correctly when picking someone to challenge.
** CAUTION: There seems to be an issue affecting iPad 3 devices, making the game unplayable. And multiplayer matches become corrupted. A fix has been submitted and should be available soon. **
Version 1.2.0 (Oct 12, 2012)
* Support for increased resolution on iPhone 5
* Added a confirmation request for rejecting direct challenges in online play
* Multiplayer version number increased: Players exploiting bugs on older versions now won't spoil your day!
* Online game matching improved - finds better matched players and prevents gaming of the ratings system
* Reduced CPU load - improves battery life and reduces device warming over long play periods
* iCloud support (campaign mode progress can now be exchanged with multiple devices)
* Structures animate properly again
* Units dropped from skyhooks now trigger things on the ground (like landmines)
* AA will now fire back at choppers hovering over trees
* "Snow Flake" multiplayer map replaced with "Snow Flake 2" that now has correct symmetry
* "Hospitality" multiplayer map replaced with "Hospitality 2" which has fairer starting conditions
* "Wish You Were Dead 2" multiplayer map fix - a derrick was inaccesable due to mismatched height levels
* Choppers' move distances no longer modified by roads and slopes etc.
* "Ghost engineers" bug finally identified and fixed
* Fix for a bug occurring sometimes when restoring purchases.
* Fix for erroneous handling when trying to discard a online game challenge, that would pop up the In App Purchases Panel instead of discarding the match.
* Bazooka man a little more expensive and does a little less damage to buildings
* Bazooka man does more damage to a behemoth tank
* Behemoth does less damage to buildings, but is still the best unit for that job
* Snipers now get promoted after 4 and 10 kills, not the usual 3 and 8
* Behemoth and Commando units now get promoted after 5 and 13 kills, not the usual 3 and 8
Version 1.1.0 (Sep 4, 2012)
* Added more multiplayer maps
"Epic MP Airwar #1"
"Epic MP Airwar #2"
Map Pack #1 Expansion
"Epic MP Seawar #1"
Map Pack #2 Expansion
"Epic MP Seawar #2"
* Some maps have been deprecated. This means that you can finish matches on them, but not start new ones.
In all cases, newer and better balanced replacements have been provided. (With a 2 in their names)
"Wish you were dead"
"Wheel of Fortune"
"King of the Hill"
* Added "novice" difficulty level in campaign mode - has no fog of war
* Added refresh button to online games browser
* Added a "Join Forum" button to provide community help
* Added ability to reject direct challenges from online friends
* Added more onlline ratings badges. They should now match the leaderboard graphics which had them for a while.
* All online related front end displays now show more information
* Pass & Play now has the same game rules as online (100 coins for player 2, 100 for neutral derricks)
* Corrected difficulty mislabeling on the load screen
* Choppers now take off and land correctly during online matches
* Choppers will now take damage landing on mines, collect crates, etc.
* BP cheat finally nailed
* Teams now dance or sulk correctly on win/loss
* Several achievement fixes (they now work for online play)
* Fixed occasional glitch wrt fog of war and site ranges near hills
* Fixed occasional corruption in online help display
* Units no longer get repaired by dead buildings
* Fixed a crash when driving a full transport over a landmine
* Fixed bug whereby fast forwarding an online opponents turn could leave buildings unrecaptured
* Anti-Air turrets now (correctly) do not show range alterations due to height differences
* Empty ferries next to a beach now travel as far as when they have a passenger
* Fixed an undo bug whereby undoing from something driving off a ferry would put the unit back over the ferry but not actually in it, allowing it to fire but not move again.
* Mission replay now actually works properly
Version 1.0.3 (Aug 2, 2012)
❋ Added option to replay a completed campaign mission.
❋ Online leaderboard going live over the weekend. See www.rubicondev.com/gbwg
COMING NEXT UPDATE:
❋ More maps! 3 freebies and 3 for each map pack, to say thanks to those who are buying them.
❋ A new "Novice" level for playing the campaign without Fog of War. You ask, we listen.
❋ Win and Lose rating penalties for timed-out online games.
❋ Ability to reject direct challenges from friends list.
❋ Other stuff tba.
❋ Fixed a bug that allowed teams to switch during turns of online matches under rare circumstances.
❋ Fixed a bug that occasionally resulted in uploading corrupted turns for online matches.
❋ Various minor tweaks and improvements.
Version 1.0.1 (Jul 19, 2012)
* Further texture compression to stop game from crashing on iPad 1 & iPod 4th gen.
* Adjusted the first mission to be easier for first time players.