- Grindr Xtra
★★★★★ Grindr Xtra
Meet more guys faster and more easily with Grindr Xtra – get a 10-day trial for just 99 cents! With 4.5 million guys in 192 countries, Grindr is the biggest and best gay mobile social app for dating, socializing and friendship.
Grindr Xtra is our fully loaded, premium subscription service with a long list of cool features that’ll help you meet more guys:
☆ Load More Guys: See 300 guys – that's 200 more than regular Grindr.
☆ Save more favorites and block unlimited guys.
☆ Push notifications: Get your messages while you're offline.
☆ No banner ads: More screen space for guys!
☆ Online-only view: Choose to see just the guys who are logged in and ready to talk right now.
☆ Swipe navigation: Quickly browse profiles, change views, and navigate in the chat screen.
☆ My Gallery: Quickly resend recent photos.
☆ Saved phrases: Easily access your favorite lines and send them in chat.
☆ Easily switch between active chats.
We say we’re the best, but that’s not just according to us. Here are some awards we've won:
☆ TechCrunch Crunchie for Best Location App
☆ iDate Award for Best Mobile Dating App
☆ iDate Award for Best New Technology (twice!)
☆ About.com's Readers' Choice Award for Best Dating App
OK, enough bragging. How does Grindr work? Grindr uses location services to enable you to chat, network and mingle with other Grindr guys near you. Simply download Grindr on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch and launch the app to begin browsing photos of guys nearby. Create your profile and start talking with the guys near you, no matter where you are.
Still don’t have Grindr? Stop missing out. Download Grindr and start meeting more guys today!
Note: Only males 18 years or older are allowed to use Grindr and Grindr Xtra. Photos of nudity or sex acts are strictly prohibited.
Version 1.8.8 (Apr 22, 2013)
General bug fixes.
Version 1.8.5 (Sep 24, 2012)
-Delayed message/push notification bug fix
-iOS 6 compatible
Version 1.8.4 (Aug 22, 2012)
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Version 1.8 (Jul 16, 2012)
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Version 1.7.13 (May 10, 2012)
General bug fixes and performance improvements
Performance enhancement of chat system
Version 1.7.11 (Apr 9, 2012)
Grindr Xtra 1.7.11 Includes fixes for:
- Error message showing that the Grindr Xtra store is unavailable
- Error messages displaying "Request Unsuccessful" and "Profile Information Update Failed"
- Number of new messages in cascade not coinciding with the number of messages notified in push
- Other issues causing the app to crash
New request for support form and knowledge base within the app
Version 1.7.5 (Feb 27, 2012)
General bug and crash fixes
Version 1.7.4 (Feb 3, 2012)
What’s New in Version 1.7.4
- Security enhancements
- Bug and crash fixes
- New "Online Only" view
- View up to 300 guys in the cascade
- Improved customer support access
- iOS 3 support
- This is a mandatory upgrade
Version 1.6.13 (Dec 13, 2011)
- Implementation of new crash report management.
- Fixes for chat text going outside of the bubble.
- Fixes for iOS 3 compatibility issues from last release.
Version 1.6.11 (Dec 6, 2011)
This release is focused on resolving crashes:
- Subscription issues
- Double push notifications
Note: This version is not compatible with iOS 3.x
Version 1.6.6 (Nov 1, 2011)
- Cascade loading problems
- Messages listed out or order in chat view
- iOS 5 compatibility
- Buttons in "Sync Profile"
- New messages not being displayed in active chat
- Crashing problems
Removed "Fake Identity" and "Impersonating" from abuse report feature.
Version 1.6.3 (Oct 14, 2011)
Bug fixes for:
- Network connection error message
- Copy text from active chat window
- iOS 5 Chat Sorting
Version 1.6.1 (Sep 27, 2011)
Fix for issues with favorites and blocked users.
Version 1.6 (Sep 19, 2011)
- Pinch pan and zoom profile photos
- Pinch pan and zoom chat photos
- Cropping of chat photos
- Share Blendr with your Facebook friends
- Share Grindr with your Facebook friends
- Bug where menu was being positioned incorrectly is fixed
- Bug where menu button did not work on iPad fixed
- Favorites/Blocking fixes
- Broadcast messaging improvements
- iOS 5 compatibility improvements
- Bug fixes and feature improvements
- Facebook icon/link in profile view
- Ability to zoom in and expand photos (profile and sent pictures in chats)
Version 1.5.3 (Aug 22, 2011)
Updates for broadcast messaging and user reported issues.
Version 1.5.2 (Jun 14, 2011)
* Cascade swiping easier
* Subscription lockout issue fixed
* Slide down notification alerting user when profile picture is approved
* Minor/Cosmetic bugs fixed
* Auto-Correct bug fixed
* Tip-Balloon bugs fixed
* Disabled vibrate on non-message sounds
* Double tap to enter Active Chats re-enabled
* Chat screen bugs fixed
* Push Registration errors fixed
* Profile Name and Profile Headline fields easier to edit
* Crashing causes fixed
* Broadcast messages issues fixed
* Bugs related to horizontal/landscape fixed
* Settings screen bug fixed
* Network timeout bug fixed
* Issue with blocking an offline user fixed
* Cascade Views bugs fixed and refreshing improved
* Transfer profile to new device, better functionality
* Freezing causes fixed
Version 1.5.1 (Mar 8, 2011)
* Issue causing Push Registration errors fixed
* Issues related to Blocking fixed
* Messages appearing (briefly) after expiring fixed
* Crashing causes fixed
* Cosmetic bugs fixed
* iPad related cosmetic bugs fixed
* Confirmation on Email Support, and now Xtra feature
* Conflict between Single tap on profile and swiping fixed
* Can Single or Double Tap profile display to remove text and buttons
* Refresh sound is back
* Network Diagnostics bug fixed
* Going Offline correctly removes you from other users' cascades (excluding Favourites and Recent)
Version 1.5 (Feb 25, 2011)
* Additional cascade views: All, Nearby, Favorites, Recent
* Swipe through cascade views (Grindr Xtra exclusive feature)
* Saved Photos, Saved Phrases (Grindr Xtra exclusive feature)
* Switch between Active Chats (Grindr Xtra exclusive feature)
* Recent view shows users you have chatted with in the past 30 days
* Faster loading guys
* Additional interface sounds and individual sound settings
* Yellow tabs show new users since last refresh
* Share profile (friend can add you as a Favorite by clicking the link from your email)
* New profile fields: Relationship & Looking For
* Revised time stamps in chats
* Redesigned user interface
* Metric/Imperial settings
* Send location confirmation
* Report Profile (report a user for violating Grindr Terms of Service)
* Tip balloons
* New social link options (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin)
* In-app support email
* Improved graphics
* Profile fields separated from Grindr settings
* Single tap on profile to show/hide stats
* Clear profile options: Clear Your Profile/Clear All Chats/Unblock Everyone
* Invite friend to Grindr
* Better network error handling
* Ability to go offline immediately
* Mark chat conversations as unread
* New ethnicity options
* Disable horizontal keyboard
* Many crashing causes fixed
* Copy chat bubbles to clipboard
* Save chat bubbles to phrases (Grindr Xtra exclusive feature)
* Extended network diagnostics
* Improved photo handling
* Better user alerts
* Improved broadcast messages
* Improved iPad interface
Version 1.3.5 (Feb 11, 2011)
Fix for Sign On Issues
Version 1.3.4 (Dec 8, 2010)
- Syncing bugs fixed
- Subscription bug fixed
- Cosmetic bugs fixed
- Crashing causes fixed
Version 1.3.3 (Oct 28, 2010)
- Bug related to distance in countries that use a comma as a decimal separator fixed;
- Crashing causes fixed;
- Cosmetic bugs fixed;
- Minor bugs fixed;
- About field in profile expanded to 120 characters;
- Bug related to iPad profile picture fixed.
Version 1.3.2 (Oct 2, 2010)
- Fix for when location is not available;
- Misc. bugs fixed;
- iPad cosmetic bugs fixed;
- Fixed bug with syncing favorites and blocks;
- Crashing causes fixed.
Version 1.3.1 (Sep 15, 2010)
-Grindr Xtra for iPad optimized version
-Cosmetic bugs fixed
-Higher resolution graphic assets for Retina Display
-Crashing bugs fixed
-Badge number bugs fixed
-Rotation bugs fixed
-Freezing causes fixed
-Auto Sign on when returning from the background (iOS 4.x)
-Block user and Favorite user bugs fixed
Version 1.3 (Jul 27, 2010)
• Sync between devices and versions. Sync Grindr X(tra) subscription, favorites, those who favorited you, blocks,
those who blocked you, & profile.
• Push notifications bugs fixed (iOS 4)
• Send chat location progress indicator
• Auto-sign on for iOS 4 background return
• Keyboard bugs fixed
• Thumbnail pictures load sooner (before scrolling to them)
• Sign on bug fixed
• Grindr icon badge bugs fixed
• Misc bugs fixed
• Crashing causes fixed
• Higher resolution graphics for Retina Display
• Broadcast messages bug fixed
• Local profile synced with server profile
• iAd added
Version 1.2.2 (Jun 24, 2010)
Version 1.2.1 (Apr 14, 2010)
-Swipe left and right to move back and forward through profiles
-New Setting: Rapid Swipe. Swipe faster. Only recommended with fast data connection.
-Double tap profile to only show picture
-Cut, Copy, and Paste in chat
-Horizontal keyboard in chat
-Performance improvements, cascade scrolls faster
-Load More Guys quicker
-Grindr launch speed improved
-Various bugs fixed
-Japanese, Korean, and Chinese keyboards auto-correct
-Push Notifications for new messages. Receive new messages when app is not running.
-Location accuracy display. Displays accuracy of information as provided by device.
-Miscellaneous bugs resolved.
-New message sound enabled in chat view.
-App launch speed and stability improved.
-Location no longer required to chat.
- Resolved issue preventing iPod touch users from sending photos in chat.
- Improved speed and responsiveness of main Grindr thumbnail view.
- Additional procedures put in place to ensure chat message delivery.
- Numerous fixes to prevent crashes.
- SMS message no longer disconnect Grindr.
- Compiled for 3.0 - must have 3.0 installed to use.
- Turning the screen off lets you stay connected to Grindr. This allows you to save
battery power if you want to remain connected.
- Info shown in metrics for users with metrics enabled.
- Using Google Maps in map view.
- Additional enhancements to lower battery consumption.
- Text input field no longer disappears after sending location in chat.
- Enabled auto-capitalization in chat and edit profile fields.
- Lowered number of guys that load when pressing Load More Guys to 11 guys for benefit of those connecting over Edge