- iTunes U
The iTunes U app gives you access to complete courses from leading universities and other schools — plus the world’s largest digital catalog of free education content — right on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. Whether you’re majoring in molecular biology at a university, taking Spanish in high school, or just interested in European history, you now have a valuable tool to help you learn anytime, anywhere.
Free courses in a wide array of subjects
• Take free courses created and taught by instructors from leading universities and other schools
• See all assignments and updates from the instructor in one place, and check off assignments as you complete them
• Take notes and highlight text in iBooks and see them consolidated for easy reviewing in the iTunes U app
• Take course notes in class, or while playing audio or video lectures inside of iTunes U
• Access course materials, including audio, video, books, documents & presentations, apps, and new iBooks textbooks for iPad
• Share your favorite courses with friends using Twitter, Mail, and Messages
The world’s largest catalog of free education content
• Choose from more than 600,000 free lectures, videos, books, and other resources on thousands of subjects from Algebra to Zoology
• Browse collections from education and cultural institutions in 30 countries — including Stanford, Yale, MIT, Oxford,
UC Berkeley, MoMA, the New York Public Library, and the Library of Congress
• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 5 or later
• An Apple ID set up for use on the iTunes Store
• iTunes 10.5.2 or later is required to sync with a computer
• The selection of courses, collections, and availability of content linked from within a course may vary by country
Version 1.3 (Sep 19, 2012)
iTunes U 1.3 adds support for iOS 6. This version also provides:
• A new single day view to see all of your posts and assignments due on a particular day.
• Addresses an issue which prevented Closed Captioning from appearing when available.
Version 1.2 (Jul 25, 2012)
iTunes U 1.2 now makes it easy to take notes while watching or listening to a lecture. This update also adds the
ability to search within posts, assignments, notes, and materials — from any of your subscribed courses — using the
improved Search feature in iTunes U. It is also now simple to share your favorite courses with friends using Twitter,
Mail, and Messages.
Version 1.1.1 (Apr 30, 2012)
iTunes U 1.1.1 addresses an issue which may cause it to unexpectedly quit when launched from another app.
Version 1.1 (Mar 7, 2012)
iTunes U 1.1 is now designed for the spectacular Retina display on the all new iPad. This version also includes a number of performance improvements.