- Mathemagics - Mental Math Tricks
Amaze and delight others as you multiply, divide, and square at lightning fast speed. Learn and practice the tricks of mental math calculation in a fun and engaging application. Study any of the math tricks and then practice them as you progress through various levels of proficiency. Tease your brain with a quick practice session while waiting in lines, riding in the car, or on the plane. Only the basic math skills of addition, subtraction and simple multiplication and division are needed to achieve astonishing results.
Students: Baffle your math teachers by providing answers faster than thought possible.
Teachers: Inspire your students as you pull answers to math problems out of thin air.
Master these math tricks:
* Multiply as high as 20x20
* Square a number ending in 5
* Square any two digit number
* Doubling and halving
* Multiply any number by 4
* Multiply any number by 5
* Multiply any number by 9
* Multiply any number by 25
* Multiply any number by 99
* Squares from 41 to 59
* Round number multiplication
* Divide any number by 5
* Multiply by 11
* Multiply in the 90's
* Square numbers in the 50's
* Multiply differing by 2,4,6
* Multiply if 1's sum is 10
* Multiply two close numbers
* Sum of first n even numbers
* Sum of first n odd numbers
* Subtracting two and three digit numbers
* Adding two and three digit numbers
* Quickly divide any number by 9
* Subtracting from 1000 and higher multiples of 10
* Multiply two numbers close to 10
* Nines complement
* Tens complement
* Large number addition #1
* Large number addition #2
* Large number subtraction
* Evenly divisible by 3
* Evenly divisible by 4
* Evenly divisible by 5
* Evenly divisible by 6
* Evenly divisible by 7
* Evenly divisible by 8
* Evenly divisible by 9
* Evenly divisible by 10
* Evenly divisible by 11
* Evenly divisible by 12
* Square numbers in the 20’s
* Square numbers in the 30’s
* Square numbers in the 60’s
* Square numbers in the 70’s
* Square numbers in the 80’s
* Square numbers in the 100’s
* Square numbers in the 200’s
* Square numbers in the 300’s
* Square numbers in the 400’s
* Square numbers in the 500’s
* Square numbers in the 700’s
* Square numbers in the 800’s
* Square numbers in the 900’s
* Casting Out Nines Digit Sum
* Check Addition by Casting Nines
* Check Subtraction by Casting Nines
* Check Multiplication by Casting Nines
* Check Division by Casting Nines
* Casting Out Elevens Digit Sum
* Check Addition by Casting Elevens
* Check Subtraction by Casting Elevens
* Check Multiplication by Casting Elevens
* Check Division by Casting Elevens
Prepare for the math section on the SAT, PSAT, ACT, GRE, GMAT, MCAT, or any other standardized test. Don't waste time with a calculator on the few tests that allow them. Use Mathemagics as a tutor to quicken up your test taking abilities.
Perfect training for the UIL Mathematics and Number Sense Contests.
Activate and challenge your brain to expand its ability to think efficiently and have fun at the same time. Train yourself to break problems down in to smaller more manageable pieces in order to reach solutions quicker and more accurately than anyone else.
"Best New iPhone Education App"
Featured in the App Store Test Prep promotion
Featured as an AppStore Education Staff Favorite
Featured in the AppStore Hall of Fame
March 16, 2010
Featured in the EU AppStores as New and Noteworthy
December 8, 2009
Featured as an AppStore Best of 2009 App
November 17, 2009
Featured as an AppStore Essential (Apps for Boys)
September 22, 2009
Featured as an AppStore Essential (High School Survival Guide)
August 25, 2009
Featured as an AppStore Staff Favorite
Follow us on Twitter @blulightnin
Version 4.2 (Dec 12, 2012)
* All New Content!
+ Subtracting two and three digit numbers
+ Adding two and three digit numbers
+ Quickly divide any number by 9
+ Subtracting from 1000 and higher multiples of 10
+ Multiply two numbers close to 10
* Improved Voice Over Support
* Bug fixes
Version 4.1 (Sep 26, 2012)
* iPhone 5 support
* iOS 6 support
* iCloud for sharing game state and achievements between devices.
* Fixed issue with cheating by rapidly selecting an answer
* Bug fixes
Version 4.0.2 (May 23, 2012)
* Fix crasher
Version 4.0.1 (May 22, 2012)
* Various bug fixes
* Updates to some retina graphics
* Add in-app gifting
Version 4.0 (Apr 10, 2012)
* Option to hide answers first
* Updated retina graphics
* New icon
* Various bug fixes
Version 3.0.1 (Feb 5, 2011)
* Fix rare crasher when launching the app.
Version 3.0 (Dec 14, 2010)
We've been hard at work on this latest and greatest edition of Mathemagics and are very excited about it. Mathemagics is now a Universal app running natively on iPhone, iPod Touch, and the iPad. In addition, all tricks are now included in the base edition of the app. Nearly 60 amazing math tricks in all. We didn't stop there though. Mathemagics 3.0 now includes Game Center for all iOS 4.1 or greater devices. Challenge yourself to master all of the math tricks and win more than a dozen different Game Center Achievements along the way.
Here's what's new in 3.0:
* Now Universal (iPhone and iPad) with nearly 60 tricks included.
* Now supports Game Center.
* Share Mathemagics with your friends.
* Keep up-to-date with in-app News.
Version 2.0.2 (Jul 8, 2010)
* Update for iOS4
* Update for Retina Display
Version 2.0.1 (May 12, 2010)
* Fixed an issue with some data getting truncated in Mixed Stats view.
* Fixed a rounding issue in Mixed Stats view.
Version 2.0 (Feb 23, 2010)
* Mathemagics Store with nearly 40 new tricks!
* Mixed practice mode with random lesson selection
* Stats mode for mixed practice sessions
* Ability to reset achievement levels
* Improved scrolling
* Improved lesson rendering
Version 1.1.4 (Dec 10, 2009)
* Fix for some practice answers being to obvious (Multiply by 5 etc).
* Fix for potential crasher.
* Fix memory leaks.
* Add follow us on Twitter.
* Add newsletter option.
* Add more apps portal.
Version 1.1.3 (Jun 24, 2009)
* Now tracks previously asked math problems.
* Fixed crasher which occurred when calculating alternate answers for some lessons.
Version 1.1.2 (May 26, 2009)
* Fixed a bug in Settings which caused the view to shift the first time it was shown.
Version 1.1.1 (May 17, 2009)
* Added 'Review' button in settings.
* Fixed a minor issue in lessons table.
Version 1.1 (May 5, 2009)
* Add five new math tricks
* Fixed an issue with answer generation
* Fixed memory issues
Version 1.0.1 (Mar 27, 2009)
* Fixed memory leaks