Montage is a revolutionary way to create art on your mobile device. No more boring wallpapers, no more postcards created from some impersonal template. With Montage, you can freely manipulate photos and other images to create photomontages. There is no limit to the number of images you can combine.
- Remix images into beautiful montages
- Take advantage of the multi-touch screen, and experience the true freedom of creation
- Switch between added images, rearrange your montage
- Cut out shapes from your photos
- Add text, with formatting and more
- Make your photos black&white or sepia
- Add colorful frames to your photos, which follow the shape you have cut out
- Mix 16M+ colors for backgrounds and more
- Change the background color of your montage anytime
- Set your images' and/or your frames' transparency
- Auto-save, so your can continue your work anytime
- Paste images into your montage, copy your saved montage
- Multiple resolutions, landscape mode
- Access to the Open Clipart Library
- E-mail your art
- Save and load editable montages, add your previous works to your current montage
- Built-in help
- iPhone 5 and retina display support
How to use it?
The plus sign lets you add new elements. You can pick an existing photo, take a new one, or you can add text or clipart. You can also add one of your previous creations. A wizard will guide you trough the process. Once you have added something to your montage, you can manipulate it using multi-touch. You can switch between elements with the arrows. Switching temporarily hides other layers, so you always see what you select. Switching does not affect the order of images, but there is a button to bring the current selection to front. Once finished, you can save it, or send it by e-mail. Further information can be found in the built-in Help.
Tips & Tricks
- Download images from the internet to spice up your pictures. Try image and photo sharing websites, like flickr or deviantArt.
- To do precise rotations, there is a button in the bottom bar that lets you adjust the current rotation to 0, 45 and 90 degrees.
- For even more precision, the application was designed in a way that does not require you to touch the picture itself - you can touch anywhere on the screen, and the transformations will still work. This way your fingers won't hide the image.
- Use our application to label your pictures
The term montage refers most commonly to compositions made from photographs, while the term collage is a broader category, which includes pieces of art made using photos, traditional artwork, sounds and other techniques. Both words are of French origin.
You can find them on the website, along with downloadable copies of the derivative works.
If you find a bug, please contact me (email@example.com), and I will fix it as soon as possible. Bug reports posted as reviews are hard to reproduce. (Of course feel free to post one, just contact me after you did, this way I can fix the bug much more quickly)
Version 3.6 (Nov 5, 2012)
This is a minor update that fixes several smaller bugs and adds iOS 6 compatibility.
- iOS 6 and iPhone 5 compatibility
- Improved color picker
- Better memory management
- Fixes a rare image corruption problem when framing images
- Moving a control point in shape mode no longer affects image transformations
- Updated XML engine
- Fixed layer reordering issue when working with saved montages
Version 3.5.2 (Apr 18, 2011)
- Restored opacity option when adding text
- Clipart search fixes
Version 3.5.1 (Apr 3, 2011)
- Fixed crash introduced by previous update that affect users updating from the older version
- Small cosmetic fix for dialogs
Version 3.5 (Mar 28, 2011)
IMPORTANT: If you have saved montages, or if Montage saved your work in progress using its autosave feature, please DO NOT update. There seems to be a bug that causes the application to crash after launch. An update has already been submitted to Apple. If you need the new functionality, you can delete the application from your device and download it again from the App Store.
- Retina display support
- Clipart fixes
- Improved color picker
Version 3.1 (Mar 13, 2010)
- Fixed clipart download issues
Version 3.0 (Jul 8, 2009)
- Save and load montages
- Multiple resolutions, landscape support
- In-app e-mail support, no need to upload your image
- Paste images into your montage
- Access thousands of public domain imagery trough the Open Clipart Library
- Insert previous montages into your current composition
- Improved performance, reduced crashes
- Flatten your montage when it starts to slow down (merge layers to conserve memory and avoid crashes)
- Improved color picker, pick your color on a Hue-Saturation-Brightness visual color picker
- Improved built-in help
- Set the style of the box of your text - rectangle, rounded rectangle or outline
- Selected fonts and colors are now saved and persistent across application launches
- Auto-save reliability improved
Version 2.1 (May 26, 2009)
- Added Oval-Circle switch, now you can add oval shaped images
- Fixed aspect ratio bug
- Some performance tweaks
Version 2.0 (Apr 28, 2009)
- Rearrange your Montage! Switch between different elements, delete or reposition them.
- Add text to your Montage! You can format it too.
- Your work is saved when you quit! If you receive a call, or (heavens forbid!) the application crashes, you do no loose your work.
- New save options! Save your Montage in normal or wallpaper size, or upload and e-mail it.
- Color mixer extended with preset colors
- A small help was added
Version 1.25 (Apr 22, 2009)
- Fixed some minor annoyances
Version 1.21 (Apr 14, 2009)
- Shape your images! Cut out different shapes from your photos, and use them in your montages. Circular,
rectangular, polygonal - you name it. There is also a freehand option for the lovers of abstract art.
- Have your frames follow your shapes! The frame of the image will match its shape.
- I have included a workaround for the blurry images problem. However, it is not guaranteed to work, and only some testers have reported any success with it. Please don't forget that this is not a bug of the application, and only Apple can fix it.
This release basically adds the ability to create truly customized montages, as now you can crop your images. Have fun!
Version 1.1 (Mar 22, 2009)
- Use transparency! You can set different alpha values for the frame and the photo itself
- Color manipulation! Make your photo sepia or black&white
- Additional instructions added to the main screen