- Newsweek for iPad
NEWSWEEK brings you digital editions created especially for iPad and optimized for iPad 3. The app allows you to subscribe to or purchase each week’s issue. Print subscribers to NEWSWEEK can access digital issues with no extra charge.
Each digital issue of NEWSWEEK offers the full print edition currently on newsstands, as well as additional video, breathtaking photography, interactive features, live updates from the Daily Beast, and more.
DOWNLOAD NOW - The app contains two FREE sample issues.
SUBSCRIBE AND SAVE:
• 1-month subscription for $2.99, automatically renewed until canceled
• 1-year subscription for $24.99, automatically renewed until canceled
• Buy individual issues for $4.99 each
"PDF Archive" issues are also available for $.99 each. These issues are provided without enhancements, from April 2010 to Dec 2011.
NEWSWEEK delivers a powerful combination of news, culture and ideas, from a fresh point of view--bold, nimble and insightful. Offering award-winning reporting and commentary from some of the top writers in the world, NEWSWEEK is the perfect tool for the voracious consumer of information. It’s designed to make you Smarter, Faster.
CURRENT SUBSCRIBERS TO THE PRINTED EDITION: Download the NEWSWEEK iPad app and tap on the "Already A Subscriber?" banner to access your digital issues.
SUBSCRIBERS’ AUTOMATIC-RENEWAL FEATURE: Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged at the same price for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period (another year for annual subscribers, another month for monthly subscribers) unless you change your subscription preferences in your account settings. You can manage your subscriptions through your Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
PLEASE NOTE: Issues can't be downloaded from within mainland China.
Please go to http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek-ipad-faq.html for more information.
Version 3.0.34 (Feb 4, 2013)
* Fixes bug which caused app to crash when running on iOS 6.1
Version 3.0.28 (Jan 9, 2013)
All-new design including:
* Background downloading of issues
* Updated library / store interface with larger cover previews.
* New account page that has more accessible customer support options (all from within the app)
* Bug fixes
Version 3.0.18 (Nov 16, 2012)
- Issue downloading is now much more reliable
- Fixes to performance and miscellaneous bugs
Version 3.0.14 (Aug 13, 2012)
- Ability to bookmark pages
- Support for HTML5 animations
- Restoring of previous purchases is now more reliable
- Other bug fixes, performance improvements
Version 3.0.4 (Apr 25, 2012)
- Content optimized for Retina Display, as of May 7 issue.
- This app update is required for compatibility with all new issues, starting with the May 7, 2012 issue.
Version 3.0 (Jan 22, 2012)
NEW: Beautiful full-screen issues
NEW: One-month subscription for just $2.99
NEW: Free access for print subscribers
Version 2.1.2 (Dec 9, 2011)
Improved stability and minor bug fixes
Version 2.1.1 (Nov 3, 2011)
Improved stability and minor bug fixes
Version 2.1 (Aug 22, 2011)
Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Version 2.0 (Oct 28, 2010)
** The subscription issue that users faced has been RESOLVED! And anyone that purchased a subscription should have the latest issue available for download in their library. **
The latest version of Newsweek’s iPad app is the most comprehensive yet, giving you instant access to the stories you want to read and the ability to share those stories with your network. With this version, you can:
- Enroll in subscriptions to the digital magazine.
- Access Newsweek’s current web content for free.
- Customize your landing page to read the stories and topics that interest you most.
- Browse stunning full-screen photo galleries.
- Share articles and galleries on Facebook and Twitter.
Version 1.5.1 (Aug 25, 2010)
Bug fix to 1.5 - Upon updating to version 1.5, the app did not indicate which magazines users already purchased. This bug has been addressed and users can now see which magazine issues have already been purchased after updating the application.
Version 1.5 (Aug 5, 2010)
- Performance improvements - page load time, rotation support
- Ability to delete issues - tap and hold the magazine issue icon to delete. You can always re-download issues you've purchased
- Zoom in/out enhancements - zoom in by double-tapping anywhere on the page (or pinch) and double-tap to zoom back out to a 100% view
- It may look like issues you have purchased in the past need to be repurchased, yet if you tap on the price button (to buy) the app will recognize that you have already purchased an issue and you can download it again at no charge