- Photo fx
* DV Magazine Black Diamond Award Winner
* Macworld (UK) 4 Star Winner
Photo fx gives you the tools to edit, control and correct your images as well as create interesting effects with 878 presets, including digital optical filter equivalents for your iPhone or iPod Touch images.
Tiffen® has been a leading manufacturer and supplier of photographic filters and lens accessories for the consumer/professional imaging and the motion picture and broadcast television industries for over 70 years. Photo fx brings you simulations of many popular award-winning Tiffen glass filters, specialized lenses, optical lab processes, film grain, exacting color correction, natural light and photographic effects plus a clever paint system with a variety of brushes are now at your fingertips. You can now enhance your photos just like Hollywood cameraman and visual effects artists do! We can safely say without a doubt that Photo fx is the most comprehensive, feature rich photo app available for the iPhone and iPod Touch.
Now in Photo fx we bring you 76 exciting filters: Ambient Light, Auto Adjust, Black and White, B&W Looks, Black Diffusion/FX®, Black Pro-Mist®, Bleach Bypass, Bronze Glimmerglass®, Center Spot, Close-Up Lens, Color Correct, Color-Grad®, Color Compensating, Color Conversion, Color Infrared, Color Looks, Color Spot, Cool Pro-Mist®, Cross Processing, Day for Night, Depth of Field, Diffusion, Dual Grad, Edge Glow, Enhancing, Eye Light, Faux Film, Fluorescent (FL-B/D®), Fog, Glimmerglass®, Gold Diffusion/FX®, Glow, Grain, Halo, Haze, HDTV FX®, High Contrast, Ice Halos, Infrared, Levels, Light, Light Balancing, Mono Tint, ND Grad, Night Vision, Nude/FX®, Old Photo, Paint, Pencil, Photographic, Polarizer, Pro-Mist®, Reflector, ReLight, Sharpen, Sky, Smoque®, Soft/FX®, Soft Light, Star, Streaks, Strip Grad, Sunset/Twilight, Temperature, Tint, Two Strip, Three Strip, Ultra Contrast, Vignette, Warm Black Pro-Mist®, Warm Center Spot, Warm Pro-Mist®, Warm Soft/FX®, Water Droplets, Wide Angle Lens and X-Ray
Photo fx’s visual workflow encompasses all levels of photography. With easy to use tools that help you create stunning images.
"…it’s the one stop shop for most of your image editing needs." - Peter Walkowiak, The Phoblographer
"Long a favorite of AppAdvice readers…" - Bryan M. Wolfe, AppAdvice
"A photo-editing app that's packed with basic and advanced photo-editing tools…" - Terry Gardner, Chicago Tribune
-Share your Photo fx’d image on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, the
Sincerely Ship & Print service as well as Email, Print, Copy, and Open In.
-Save a Photo fx look as a set up file and bring it into the Tiffen Dfx v3 Digital Filter Suite
- Choose from 76 filters organized into 8 different filter groups
- Select from a total of 878 presets
- Try one of the 62 different color or black and white film looks
- Add realistic diffusion to photos using a library of 50 interesting textures
- Create natural lighting effects using 117 different patterns
- Choose from 27 grain presets to simulate popular motion picture film stocks
- Paint on the image using Color, Clone, Blur, Black and White, Mosaic, Red Eye, Repair, Scatter and Eraser brushes
- Crop, Rotate, Straighten
- Zoom into the image with the Close-Up Lens filter
- Add multiple filters without saving
- Selectively apply filters by painting a mask
- Modify filters with sliders, on-screen controls or presets
- High resolution support up to 3300 pixels.
- Retina display ready
- Edit in portrait or landscape mode
- Compatibility with the still image editions of the Tiffen Dfx v3 Digital Filter Suite
- Quickly search for filters and presets
- Integrated Help
Photos Copyright © 2008--www.iofoto.com
Version 5.0.2 (Nov 23, 2012)
What’s New - Fixed Bugs
- Instagram Sharing Was Not Working
Images could not be posted to Instagram in iOS 6.
- iPhone 5 Screen Size Optimization
The user interface now fits on the iPhone 5 so that letter boxing does not occur.
- Maximum Image Size
High resolution support up to 3300 pixels.
Version 5.0.1 (Jun 21, 2012)
- Numeric input fields for Crop and Rotate had a black background instead of white, making it hard to read the field’s value.
Version 5.0 (May 18, 2012)
Photo fx now provides a number of ways to share your images. You can choose from Facebook, Flickr, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, the Sincerely Ship & Print service as well as Email, Print, Copy and Open In.
- Compatibility with Tiffen Dfx v3
Settings from Photo fx can now be imported into Tiffen Dfx v3.
- Paint > Repair Problem Fixed
With portrait images on retina devices, the Repair paint brush did not paint with the correct color.
- Cancel Warning Message
When you hit Cancel, a warning message pops up that says "Choose a new image?"
- Downsample More to Speed Up Interaction
The image is downsampled more during image editing to speed up interaction.
- Image Loading/Saving Feedback
A spinning cursor and text pops up during image loading and saving.
- EXIF Data Retained
EXIF image data is retained.
Version 4.0.2 (Sep 30, 2010)
- Compatibility with iOS 5.
- Fixed image downsizing on Retina-display devices.
Version 4.0.1 (Sep 14, 2010)
- Native retina support
Version 4.0 (Jul 24, 2010)
- Paint filter added to the Image group. Paint includes the following brushes: Color, Clone, Blur, Black and
White, Mosaic, Red Eye, Repair, Scatter and Eraser
- Levels filter added to the Image group
- Sharpen filter added to the Image group
- Auto Adjust filter added to the Image group
- Eye Light filter added to the Light group
- Color Compensating, Color Conversion, Light Balancing, and Photographic filters were added to a new Photographic group
- Quickly find filters and presets using the new Search mechanism
- Paint Mask Enhancements
* Opacity added to the Brush > Size and Softness controls
* The paint cursor is now displayed when resizing or painting
* Changed the Reset icon to double arrows
- Crop and Rotation Enhancements
* Crop using standard print sizes including: 4x6, 5x7, 8x8, 8x10, 8x12, 11x14, 12x12, 12x18, 16x19, 16x20, 16x24 and 20x30
* Rotate by 1/10 of a degree
* Specify a user defined rotation angle
- Filter groups have been renamed to match Photo fx Ultra for the iPad
- Filter placement and group naming has been re-organized and changed to match Photo fx Ultra for the iPad
- Compatibility with the still image editions of the Tiffen Dfx Digital Filter Suite through emailing of setups
- Slider background was removed
- Before/After icon was changed from double-arrows to a lightning bolt icon
- Save icon was changed from a disk to an arrow icon which is the iPhone/iPad standard
- Fixed a bug where the Tint > Amount sliders would freeze when set to O
Version 3.5.1 (Jun 19, 2010)
- Compatibility with iPhone 4.0 OS
- Removed 2048x2048 resolution restriction
Version 3.5 (Apr 19, 2010)
- Filter Masking
* Selectively apply filters by painting a mask
* Paint masks using Paint and Eraser brushes
* Fill areas quickly with the Fill brush
* Control paint brush size and softness
* Invert masks
- Added the numerical slider value to all sliders
Version 3.0 (Feb 9, 2010)
- Added the Light fx filter group
- New Light fx filters:
* Ambient Light
* Edge Glow
* Ice Halos
* Water Droplets
Version 2.0.1 (Aug 27, 2009)
- The Bleach Bypass and Cross Processing presets were mistakenly removed from the Color Looks filter and are now
included in the base application. These will be in addition to the expanded Bleach Bypass and Cross Processing filters
available as an in app purchases.
- Shows the prices of an in app purchases prior to submitting your store login information.
- The Dfx advertisement has been removed from the launch screen.
Version 2.0 (Aug 13, 2009)
- Added the following new filters at no charge: Temperature in Classic fx; Grain in Wild fx; Close-Up Lens, Depth
of Field and Wide Angle Lens in a new Lens fx filter group; B&W Looks and Color Looks in Fun fx.
- Fun fx > Looks expanded into B&W and Color Looks resulting in additional looks
- Color Picker replaces color slider
- Two paid filter group options: Portrait fx and Color fx
- Presets for filters that previously did not have any
- Home screen with icons for loading images, taking pictures, setting options and accessing Help
Version 1.3 (May 28, 2009)
- Compatibility with iPhone 3.0 OS
- Added flipping and flopping to the rotation controls
- Added portrait, landscape, square and user-defined aspect ratios to the crop controls
Version 1.2 (Mar 27, 2009)
- Ability to add multiple filters using Save (Disk Icon) > Add Layer
- Crop and Rotate
- Integrated Help
- Filters with presets automatically display the presets once the filter is selected
- Streamlined image loading and picture taking
- Camera photos are always saved separately at full resolution when Options > Save Original Photo is selected
- New Maximum Output Resolutions on Options screen
Version 1.1 (Jan 23, 2009)
- Added an Options screen to 1) set the maximum output resolution and 2) save the original along with the filtered image when using the iPhone's camera.