- Reiner Knizia's Tigris & Euphrates
Tigris & Euphrates is set in the ancient fertile crescent with players building civilizations through tile placement.
"I'd say the inner circle of [board game] apps would now include Tigris & Euphrates"
- "The dish" by Keith Law
"Tigris and Euphrates is exceptional..."
- iOS Board Games blog on BoardGameGeek.com
"Codito is ... giving Days of Wonder a run for their money."
In fertile Mesopotamia between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers, lies the cradle of civilization.
Your goal is to develop all 4 of the key spheres of civilization: Settlements, Temples, Farms, and Markets. To do this, you will position your leaders, create and extend kingdoms, build monuments, and resolve conflicts. Tension arises when kingdoms connect and leaders clash on the board, with only one leader of each type surviving. You will thus aquire victory points in each of the four spheres. The winner is the player who develops their civilization in the most balanced way, without revealing a sphere of weakness.
With no setup time required, no pieces to lose, and no arguments about the rules, the future of board games is here and Tigris & Euphrates gives you exactly what you want -- to play!
How to play:
During their turn, the active player may carry out up to two of the following actions, in any order:
- Position (place, move or remove) a leader.
- Place a tile and earn a victory point.
- Place a catastrophe tile.
- Swap up to 6 tiles
The active player may choose two different actions, or the same action twice.
No set up required
Support for 3 modes of play: solo, "pass and play," and "hotseat" (around the table) play
Stunning HD graphics for iPad, Retina, and original iPhone/iPod screens
In-game hints make it easy to learn the game
Tested on iOS 3.1.3 through iOS 5.0
Play your own iPod music
Note: you must install iOS 5 on your device in order to play T&E online!
Dr. Reiner Knizia is one of the world's most prolific and best-known board game designers, and this version of one of his top titles has been fully approved and endorsed by him.
Sage Board Games is an independent software developer, focusing on bringing award-winning and classic board games to mobile devices. With a veritable "who's who" of Euro games already licensed, Sage Board Games is poised to become the premiere source of board games for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch.
Visit us: sageboardgames.com
Like us: facebook.com/sageboardgames
Follow us: twitter.com/sageboardgames
Please send us your feedback and requests, and rate the game once you've bought it.
Version 2.0.1 (May 2, 2013)
"Advanced" map available as In App Purchase!
(More river, more treasure, more fun!)
To purchase the "Advanced" map, go to game Setup and tap on the "Standard Map" button. IAP will proceed from there.
(We apologize for the confusion with our first attempt at adding this IAP in version 2.0!)
Version 2.0 (Apr 26, 2013)
iPad Retina graphics!
Online game lobby.
Local game lobby.
Various improvements and bug fixes.
Please remember to rate the game again after you update.
Version 1.2 (Mar 9, 2012)
- added ability to create "custom" online games (setup options, add AI, etc.)
- added asynchronous chat for online games
- added setup option for "Exact tiles left"
- added setup option for "Public tiles" (for open play, teaching, etc.)
- flipped iPhone/iPod display to avoid iOS5 notification shutter and improve left-handed play
- added tiles to out-of-turn display of own info on iPhone/iPod
- added tiles (possibly only tile backs) to display for other players on iPhone/iPod
- added prompt before resetting stats
- improved "Rematch" for online games
- bug with conflict not resolving for online games
- bug allowing multiple leaders of the same color to exist in rare circumstances
- bug with passing
- bug with simultaneous treasure choice and monument completion
- bug with tap to place for Catastrophe tiles
- bug with placeholder player names in online games
- bug with tap to place in Tutorial
- missing Retina display image for tile placement crosshairs
- bug temporarily revealing opponent tiles when switching between online games
- app badge number when other player quits
Version 1.1 (Dec 5, 2011)
Thanks to all of you who bought the game and have been giving us such great feedback! Don't forget to rate this new version again to help us keep our 5 star rating!
Here's how we made the game even better:
Added interactive log of last moves. Tap the list to highlight the relevant location on the board!
NOTE: this feature will not be available for online games until all players in a game have updated to version 1.1 and logged a move.
Added crosshairs for placing tiles on iPhone.
Fixed undo for online games and resuming local games.
Fixed tap to place leader.
Fixed edge cases in rule implementation.
Various other fixes and improvements.