- Roadify - Train, Subway, Bus, Ferry & Parking
Getting around your city is now easier than ever.
☆ Grand Prize Winner ☆ - BigApps 2.0
❝Genius.❞ – TechCrunch
Roadify gives you:
- Official transit schedules with real-time arrivals
- Both licensed PDF maps & street view
- Official service alerts & changes
- Ability to give & receive updates from other riders
- Twitter integration for every line
- A list of nearby available parking through a parking spot exchange system
Check your favorite routes in one app and give updates as you go. Roadify makes it easy to find when the train, subway, bus or ferry is coming without having to download a bunch of expensive apps.
Roadify works in the following areas:
- Metro Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA)
- Capital Metro
- MTA Bus
- Metro Subway
- Light Rail
- New Britain
- New Haven
- Shore Line East
- Metro North Railroad (MNR)
- DC Metro (WMATA)
- DC Circulator
- Ann Arbor
- University of Michigan
- Jax Beach Trolley (JTA)
- Mayport Ferry
- Miami Dade Transit (MDT)
New York & New Jersey Area
- MTA Subway
- MTA Bus (with B63, M34 & Staten Island Real-Time)
- Metro-North (MNR)
- Long Island Railroad (LIRR)
- Port Authority Transit (PATH)
- New Jersey Transit Rail & Bus (NJT)
- NY Waterway Ferry
- Staten Island Ferry
- Downtown Connection Bus
- Roosevelt Island Tram
- SEPTA Bus & Rail
- Trimet + Real-Time
San Diego, CA
- San Diego Metro Transit System (SDMTS)
San Francisco, CA Area
- BART + Real-Time
- SF Municipal (SFMTA) + Real-Time
- SF Ferry
- Santa Clara Valley Transit (VTA)
- AC Transit
Seattle, WA Area
- King County Metro
- Sound Transit
- City of Seattle
- King County Marine Division
- Washington State Ferry
- Pierce County Transit (Tacoma)
Vancouver, British Columbia
- Translink Buses & SeaBus
- BC Transit's SkyTrain
- West Coast Express
Parking throughout the U.S.
- We also offer a real-time parking exchange service that enables you to report available or soon-to-be available spots and see a list of reported ones near you.
We’re going to be adding new markets soon so stay tuned!
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube & Instagram!
Version 2.2 (Dec 13, 2012)
DIRECTIONS! By popular demand, we've included public transit directions from a familiar source. We've matched up transit routing with our famous combo of schedules and realtime alerts to get you from A to B in no time.
FAVORITE DIRECTIONS! In addition, you can save your most cherished destinations for speedy access. From one ingenious screen, you can now see your favorite departures and directions.
WORKS EVERYWHERE! With this new integration, Roadify works in most of the major metro areas in the US. Canadian? Give it a shot, eh?, and let us know.
UPDATED NAVBAR! How fancy.
GENERAL BUGS AND FIXES! Man, that's exciting.
Version 2.1 (Jul 13, 2012)
- One screen for your regular stops & routes, ready the moment you open Roadify. Now you can see all your travel options at once, faster than ever.
- We're rapidly adding new transit agencies so check out the new options in your city.
- Major performance improvements!
- Tell your friends why Roadify is the BEST free app for public transportation, and we'll keep making it better!
Version 2.0.1 (Mar 11, 2012)
- LIVE in Austin just in time to help you get around SXSW!
- Better access to map view
- Better communication when looking for a route that isn’t currently running
- New schedules and data improvements for:
+ MTA Bus
+ NJ Transit
+ SF Muni
What’s new in v2.0:
Completely new DESIGN and NAVIGATION that will blow your mind!
- Tons of NEW DATA in NYC:
+ MTA Bus - B63 and Staten Island Real Time added
+ NJT Rail & Bus
+ NY Waterway
+ SI Ferry
+ Downtown Connection Bus
+ Roosevelt Island Tram
- Two NEW CITIES Added!
+ Added SAN FRANCISCO: BART (Real-Time), SF Muni, Caltrain, SF Ferry, VTA
+ Added SEATTLE: King County Metro, City of Seattle, Sound Transit & King County Marine Division
- Added more LIST VIEW functionality
+ See a list of all the lines in each agency
+ Swipe left/right to see the location of each train along the route
+ View the next FIVE times at your stop, including real-time user updates
+ Get the status of your train throughout the app
- Real-time TWITTER integration to all transit lines
- Ability to REPLY to user commentary
- Massive improvements to using it without service and UNDERGROUND!
- You can now report the LOCATION of ALL transit lines, alerting other riders if it's late or early
- See a list of your ACTIVITY: all thanks and replies to your comments
- You can now change your profile PICTURE and PASSWORD in the app!
Version 2.0 (Feb 3, 2012)
More Cities, More Data
- We now cover all major transit systems in the New York area with the addition of: LIRR, MNR, PATH, NJT Rail & Bus, NY Waterway, Staten Island Ferry, Downtown Connection Bus & Roosevelt Island Tram
- San Francisco Bay Area: BART, SF Municipal, Caltrain, SF Ferry & VTA
- Seattle: buses, ferries and light rail
Real-time arrival/departure info
- NYC buses (Staten Island, B63)
- SF BART
- SF Municipal
- “Nearby” feature that finds all lines and stations near you
- “Recent” feature that shows lines you recently looked up
- Search function for subway, bus, train and ferry lines
- Easy toggle between List and Map views
- See arrival times at all stops/stations for each departure
More user generated content
- Curated Twitter comments organized by route, presented along with comments from Roadify users
- Ability to reply directly to Roadify user comments
- Fast access to Give comments or locations of a bus, train (underground enabled) or ferry in the “Report tab”
- Track replies to your comments in the “Activity tab”
Better, faster, sleeker- Overall faster, more responsive performance and much easier to find what you’re looking
Version 1.3.2 (Aug 5, 2011)
Minor performance enhancements and bug fixes.
Version 1.3.1 (Jun 22, 2011)
ADDED MISSING BUSES! All MTA Buses are now in the App!
· Queens: Q1-Q103
· Brooklyn: B100-B103
· Long Island: N1-N88
· Cross-Borough Buses: BM1-BM5, BxM1-BxM18, QM1-QM25
Performance Enhancements & Bug Fixes
· FIXED “back” button after giving a comment.
· FIXED “region” bug that prevented international access.
· FIXED comments cut short.
· ADDED loading circles to many screens.
· Many more nerdy fixes you’ll love!
What's new in v1.3:
· Real-time social commentary, filtered by route and sharable to Facebook and Twitter.
· MTA Alerts and Service Changes at the pin level.
· "Thanks" feature recognizes helpful Gives and comments, with push notifications telling you when you've been thanked.
· Official MTA Bus and Subway Maps accessible underground.
· Add a Profile Pic from the app.
· See Decision Points zoomed farther out.
· Performance enhancements to make everything faster.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare & YouTube!
Version 1.3 (Mar 19, 2011)
· Real-time SOCIAL COMMENTARY, filtered by route and sharable to Facebook and Twitter.
· MTA ALERTS and SERVICE CHANGES at the pin level. (*This is a BIG deal!)
· "THANKS" feature recognizes helpful Gives and comments, with push notifications telling you when you've been thanked.
· Official MTA BUS and SUBWAY MAPS accessible underground.
· Add a PROFILE PIC from the app.
· See DECISION POINTS zoomed farther out.
· PERFORMANCE enhancements to make everything faster.
Version 1.2 (Dec 23, 2010)
• Car: Added Traffic and Decision Points, which highlight the best options for your specific routes and allow you
to see REAL TIME traffic status with the tap of a button.
• Fixed crashes in iOS 3.1 and other bugs
Version 1.1 (Nov 30, 2010)
** NEW: slide-in "Drawer" lets you customize your map view with new layers!
• Car: added Parking Garage and Gas Station location and prices, updated daily in Brooklyn
• Bus: Now you can select just the routes you need, and route numbers are displayed on pins!
• Subway: You can toggle specific routes on and off to highlight your exact path
** Also, more performance improvements and bug fixes, including...
• Improved location pinpointing
• Faster loading of map data
• Easier browsing, so the map won't jump back to your location unless you hit the "Locate" button
If you're having trouble, report any problems to firstname.lastname@example.org, thanks!
Version 1.0.1 (Oct 28, 2010)
This version fixes the startup crash on iPad and older iOS versions (less than 4.0).
This update also includes improved performance and loading times for parking spots, buses, and subways.