- RotoWire.com Fantasy News Center
RotoWire.com has developed a quick and easy-to-use app for fantasy sports fans.
The app provides up-to-the-minute fantasy sports news and analysis.
You can check out recent news and analysis for players in the following sports: NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, golf, racing, college football, college basketball, and soccer.
The Player Search feature allows you to view the latest information on any player in our system.
Our Baseball News and Baseball Rankings subscriptions allow you to view all of our available baseball player and rankings updates as long as your subscription is active ($0.99 per month, or $9.99 per year).
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period for the same price. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
Version 4.1.2 (Mar 19, 2013)
- Renamed "News Type:" to "News Filter:" and added a downward arrow to this and "News Features" to signify that
they should be tappable.
- Swapped the position of the search bar and news buttons to make them easier to tap without hitting the menu button.
- Fixed a bug causing the cancel button to grey out on searches when not entering text
- Fixed crashes and display issues with ads
Version 4.1.1 (Mar 12, 2013)
- Fixed the startup crash for hopefully the last time.
- The RotoWire logo no longer redirects to Rotowire.com except on the main menu screen to make it easier to tap the other buttons on the news list.
Version 4.1 (Mar 1, 2013)
- Added in-app purchases for Unlimited Baseball News and Rankings subscriptions.
- Added a feedback form for sending suggestions and bug reports directly to RotoWire.
- Fixed a bug causing news articles to not always save to the device, which will decrease loading times drastically for frequent users.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when scrolling the news list while a loading bar was present.
- Fixed the football news button not dismissing the sport select popup if already on football news.
- Fixed player page bugs where scrolling was being cut off and the news not matching the selected update from the list.
- Redesigned the Ask an Expert previous questions area.
- Fixed Ask an Expert bugs causing crashes on refreshing and questions being cut off.
Version 4.0 (Nov 16, 2012)
- Entirely revamped menu system. App now begins with top news displaying on launch with a news selector in the top right corner for individual sports. Menu in top left corner presents a tappable menu that can access the blogs, videos, forums, polls, ask an expert, and app settings.
- Replaced the spinning "Loading" indicator with a loading bar.
- Drastically reduced news loading time.
- Fixed timestamps to show news in the device's timezone.
- Added the ability to post news articles to your Facebook wall, Twitter feed, or Email the article.
- Improved the search functionality to allow for first and last name searches. Fixed the search not responding when using certain characters as well.
- Fixed certain characters from causing new polls and forum posts to give an internet connection error.
Version 3.5 (Oct 29, 2012)
- Added the RotoWire forums and polls for fantasy sports discussion.
- Fixed random crashes caused by banner ads refreshing.
- Videos now refresh the entire list every time to prevent errors when URL changes or mislabeling occur
Version 3.4 (Oct 16, 2012)
- Added RotoWire's Youtube channel
- Fixed numerous errors with Ask an Expert caused by submitting questions with certain characters
- Added pull to refresh on all news pages
Version 3.3 (Oct 3, 2012)
- Added RotoWire's Ask an Expert feature.
- Added compatibility with iOS 6 and iPhone 5.
- Increased the font size for the iPhone.
- Fixed text layout issues in numerous places.
- Added a login button to the main menu of the iPhone.
- App now informs the user when an internet connection cannot be found when becoming active.
- Simplified account registration.
- Fixed a bug where the keyboard would not dismiss when pressing the Done button.
- Fixed a bug where the loading graphic would not appear even though the news articles were being updated in the background.
- Numerous other minor bug fixes and changes
Version 3.2 (Jul 27, 2012)
-Fixed bug where iPhone would rotate the display on player pages.
-Fixed bug where recommendations on iPhone would have the last few words cut off.
Version 3.1 (Jul 20, 2012)
Fixed application crashing when updating news.
Version 3.0 (Jul 12, 2012)
Version 2.2 (Jun 9, 2011)
-Minor Bug Fixes
Version 2.1 (Mar 17, 2011)
Minor bug fixes.
Version 2.0 (Mar 10, 2011)
Fixes crashing issues. Data connection no longer required to open application (still required to download updates).
Version 1.5 (Mar 2, 2011)
Fixed certain stability issues.
Version 1.4 (Feb 22, 2011)
Top News option added.
Version 1.3 (May 16, 2010)
- Added the ability to use swipe motion to move between updates for a sport.
- Added a button to open a player's web page on RotoWire.com to view stats and more detailed info
Version 1.2 (Oct 12, 2009)
-Fixed an issue with certain users experiencing a crash after updating to version 1.1
-Added position and team designations to the news detail page
-Improved the player search for college players
Version 1.1 (Sep 24, 2009)
-Added player position and team designations
-Added the time the analysis was posted
-Improved the look of the app
-Made the detailed page of the player news easier to scroll