- Stack the States™
★ Voted Best Kids App for iPad! -Best App Ever Awards
★ Voted Best Educational Game App - iEAR.org
★ "If you have children who are elementary school aged this is a fantastic educational app that’s also a hoot." - The iPhone Mom.com
★ "Stack the States is a must have." - The iKids Blog
Stack the States™ makes learning about the 50 states fun! Watch the states actually come to life in this colorful and dynamic game!
As you learn state capitals, shapes, geographic locations, flags and more, you can actually touch, move and drop the animated states anywhere on the screen. Carefully build a stack of states that reaches the checkered line to win each level.
You earn a random state for every successfully completed level. All of your states appear on your own personalized map of the United States. Try to collect all 50! As you earn more states, you begin to unlock the four free bonus games: Map It, Pile Up, Puzzler and Capital Drop. Four games in one!
HAVE FUN LEARNING ALL ABOUT THE 50 STATES:
▸ State shapes
▸ Bordering states
▸ Location on the map
▸ Hundreds of unique questions
▸ Interactive map and 50 state flash cards
▸ Choose any of the 50 friendly-looking states as your avatar
▸ Create up to six player profiles
▸ Collect all 50 states and track your progress on a personalized map
▸ Earn FREE bonus games: Map It, Pile Up, Puzzler and Capital Drop
▸ High resolution pictures of famous US landmarks
▸ All games are powered by a realistic physics engine
▸ Fun sound effects and music
▸ iPhone 4 and new iPad Retina Display support
▸ Works on both iPhone and iPad - a universal app
FIVE GAMES IN ONE:
STACK THE STATES: Build tall piles with states and try to reach the checkered line.
MAP IT: Tap the location of the selected state on the map. Try to complete the whole country.
PILE UP: The states are piling up! Tap them quickly to get rid of them before they pile too high.
PUZZLER: Sit back and relax as you slide the states around and put them together like a jigsaw puzzle.
CAPITAL DROP: Match states with their capitals in this fast-paced bonus game. Don't let a state fall!
Stack the States™ is an educational app for all ages that's actually FUN to play. Try it now and enjoy five games for the price of one!
Stack the States™:
- Does not contain 3rd party ads.
- Does not contain in-app purchases.
- Does not contain integration with social networks.
- Does not use analytics / data collection tools.
- Does include links to apps by Dan Russell-Pinson in the iTunes App Store (via LinkShare).
Version 2.3 (Nov 19, 2012)
Added support for the iPhone 5.
Version 2.2 (Jul 15, 2012)
- Fixed small issue with California flag for 3G/3GS devices
- Fixed loading screen for iPad devices
Version 2.1 (Jul 4, 2012)
- New bonus game: Map It!
- New question type: State Flags!
- Choose your question types.
- More background images now with captions.
Version 2.0 (Jun 1, 2012)
Fixed conflict between Augusta, Maine and Augusta, Georgia.
Version 1.9 (Mar 15, 2012)
Fixed compatibility issues with the new iPad (3rd generation).
Version 1.8 (Feb 14, 2012)
Fixed compatibility issues for iOS 3.x
Version 1.7 (Feb 1, 2012)
Misc. bug fixes:
- Sometimes player name box permanently stays on screen
- The last state earned sometimes displays incorrectly.
Version 1.6 (Jun 23, 2011)
⚫ Added a new "Learn" section with an interactive map and 50 state flash cards!
⚫ Misc. bugs fixed
Version 1.5 (Feb 16, 2011)
Major update to celebrate the release of Stack the Countries!
⚫ 2 new question types: Landmarks and Major Cities!
⚫ 3 New background images
⚫ Optimized graphics for better performance
Version 1.4 (Dec 2, 2010)
Added option to turn off music and/or sound.
Version 1.3 (Oct 13, 2010)
Fixed small issue with entering player name.
Version 1.2 (Sep 30, 2010)
NEW FEATURES IN VERSION 1.2!
- You can now tap the states on your map to learn more facts about that state including: name, capital, abbreviation, nickname and bordering states and countries. (Thank you willows227 for the suggestion)
- More Interactivity: States now make silly faces when you tap them on the main menu or the stack game.
Version 1.1 (Sep 20, 2010)
Misc. bug fixes.