- The Bard's Tale
80% OFF!!! On sale at a price so low, even Crazy Thorvald thinks it's crazy! Get it before we come to our senses!
★★★★ #1 RPG in 75 countries, including USA, UK, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Russia, Japan, and China! ★★★★
★ Sync your saved games between iOS and Mac! ★
★ Includes classic games trilogy! ★
They said it couldn’t be done… a full-scale massive 3D epic role-playing game on iOS! See why it’s the BIGGEST iOS game ever made!
“The Bard’s Tale is easily the funniest game I’ve ever played, and I’ve played all the funny games out there.” – IGN
You are the Bard, a selfish rogue weary of pointless sub-quests and rat-infested cellars. Through magical song you summon characters to join your quest for coin and cleavage!
“Ready your weapon and bladder as you embark on this ridiculously addicting quest and the funniest adventure of the year, The Bard’s Tale” – Game Chronicles
Prepare to immerse yourself in over 20-30 hours of adventure, featuring:
• 50 enemy types (not counting bosses!)
• A vast world to explore with towns, wild forests, rivers, castles, towers, secret dungeons, snowy mountains, caverns, haunted tombs and more
• A full cast of bizarre NPC’s
• Over a dozen special boss enemies to defeat
• 16 magical characters to discover and then summon at will to aid you
• Over 150 unique items of weaponry, armor, instruments, tokens, artifacts and loot!
• More Song & Dance numbers than any other game, including a zombie dance-off!
• Over 14 hours of outstanding voice-acting from top Hollywood talent, including Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride) as the Bard, and the inimitable Tony Jay as the Narrator
But wait! That’s not all! Enjoy these great new additions in the iOS version:
• Leaderboards—for accumulated Silver and Experience!
• Achievements—over 50 spread throughout the game!
• Autosave—option to save automatically when you near a save-book in game.
• iCloud Saves—option to save to iCloud, enables sharing saves across your iOS devices.
• Time-Savers—optional in-app purchases are available to pump up your Bard and save you time! (Note: All such items are attainable through normal game-play, with time and persistence, just as in the original console release.)
• Classics Games—includes original classic games The Bard’s Tale 1, 2 & 3.
• Supports 60beat® GamePad.
Universal App with Adaptive Rendering:
For a single low price, play on all your compatible* devices! The Bard’s Tale takes full advantage of your hardware to maximize your experience--including HD resolution and 60Hz video refresh on capable devices.** iOS adaptation by Square One Games.
• iPad4: 2048x1536 + enhanced rendering**
• iPad3: 1536x1152 + enhanced rendering**
• iPad2/Mini: 1024x768 + enhanced rendering**
• iPhone5/iPod Touch 5G: 1136x640 + enhanced rendering**
• iPhone4S: 960x640 + enhanced rendering**
• iPad: 512x384
• iPhone*: 480x320
• iPhone*/ iPod Touch*: 480x320
“This game is satire in its sharpest form” – Cheat Code Central
Play The Bard’s Tale today!
* Compatible with iOS 4.0 and higher on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 3rd generation, iPod Touch 4th
generation, iPad, and iPad2&3.
** HD on iPhone 4S/5, iPad2,Mini,3&4, iPod Touch 5G. Enhanced rendering includes: environment mapping, dynamic water surfaces, full shadow cast, and 60Hz display-refresh (with in-game “Battery Savings” option turned off).
We are committed to improvement. Please send support requests through The Bard’s Tale Support link below.
IT IS HUGE!
Please note: Installation over Wi-Fi can temporarily require as much as 3.4GB of free space on your device.
Version 1.7.1 (May 15, 2013)
- Adds language support for Italian!
supported languages are now: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Korean, Russian, Polish.
- BladePad gamepad support
Version 1.7 (Jan 23, 2013)
Adds support for Korean, Russian and Polish language.
Version 1.6.3 (Dec 14, 2012)
+ Add support for full 2x retina on iPad 4.
+ Control layout customization option.
+ iOS 6 bug fixes included Return Key on keyboards when casting spells in the Classic Trilogy games.
+ OpenFeint removed as part of OpenFeint end of service.
Version 1.6.2 (Sep 25, 2012)
Updated for compatibility with iOS 6.
Displays full screen on iPhone 5 and iPod Touch 5th generation.
Version 1.6.1 (Jun 15, 2012)
Corrects audio stuttering bug.
Version 1.6 (May 29, 2012)
•Classic Game Updates:
• Now includes The Bard’s Tale III: Thief of Fate (with in-game download)
• Classic games 1 & 2 can share characters.
• Compatible with 60beat controller! Play with same controls as original console version!
• Recovery of progress when app is force-closed.
• Tokens can now extend the Bard stats beyond the previous limit of 20.
• Widescreen display supported on iPhone and iPod.
• Fixed crash on exiting Frozen Tomb.
• Improved iCloud saved game synching.
Version 1.5 (Mar 29, 2012)
• Now includes classic 80’s game The Bard’s Tale II: The Destiny Knight (with in-game download)
• Classic games 1 & 2 updates:
• In-game browser for maps and manual
• Confirmation dialog when exiting
• Bluetooth/Docking keyboard support
• Reduced run-time memory requirement
• New iPad compatibility and Retina Display support (1536x1152)
• Fix app freezing or restarting when moving to background on iOS 5.1
• Fixed small memory leak for improved long play-session stability
• Classic games 1 & 2: '?' key now shows your location
Version 1.4 (Mar 2, 2012)
• Includes the original classic game The Bard’s Tale I: Tales of the Unknown!
• Earn free gold through TapJoy offers! Spend gold on in-app-purchases, or buy in-game silver at ten per gold!
• New in-app-purchases for weapons, armor, instruments and Trow maps! (All items are attainable through game-play, eventually, if you are persistent)
• Fix to prevent audio/cut-scene skipping on iOS 4.x.
• Skip-button replaces screen-touch in cut-scenes to avoid accidental skips
• Dialog in shops can be skipped
• On loading a saved game, health is restored to a minimum of 50% to avoid dying on load.
• Auto-saves disabled during cut-scenes to prevent issues with Hatcher in Stromness and with the Fire Elemental in the Frozen Tomb.
• Additional minor fixes
Version 1.3 (Jan 19, 2012)
• iCloud saved games now work for pre-existing saved games.
• iCloud saves games now sorted by time-stamp.
• Black-Screen issue resolved.
• Dialog will no longer skip on its own (which affected 4.x iOS users).
• The game will no longer auto-save if you are dying or have very low health (requires manual input to save in this case), and on loading a saved game with 0 or very low health will restore to 10 points of health.
• Saved games during wandering-monster encounters on World Map can now be loaded.
• The achievement for defeating the Bugbear of Houton is now awarded correctly.
• Hatcher should no longer go inactive preventing access to Firbolg Mines.
Other Support-Related Enhancements:
• Added dialog for the Gifting Button to have a chance to cancel before going to iTunes Store. Silver reward discontinued at direction of Apple review staff.
• Support-button now goes to custom support page for The Bard’s Tale (to include manual pages and information on known issues in addition to general support form).
• You can now (with instructions from Support staff) send us saved-games for analysis, and Customer Support can now correct problems with Hot-Mod Codes.
• Support staff can now redress loss of in-app-purchases from earlier bugs.
Version 1.2 (Dec 22, 2011)
*******!!!!! iCloud Saved Games Option BETA (see known issue below!!!!!).
Reward of 50k silver for gifting the game.
Main Menu link-buttons: Get Support, Twitter follow.
German Audio Pack protected from deletion.
Saves triggered by in-app purchase while in a Wold Map encounter will now load correctly.
In-game audio will now play for some players that were missing audio.
******iCloud Bug for Pre-existing Saved Games
For any users having updated to version 1.2 with saves games present:
If it's your first time loading the game, please do not enable iCloud.
To users who have enabled iCloud and are unable to play the game:
1 - Shut down the Bard's Tale app if it is on a black screen ( via the multi tasking bar )
2 - Go to your device Settings -> iCloud, and turn off "Documents and Data"
3 - Relaunch The Bard's Tale. If a black screen persists, repeat step 1, and also close background apps.
4 - Once successfully at the title screen, leave the App.
You can now reenable your device Settings -> iCloud -> Documents and Data for your other apps. But do not re-enable the in-game iCloud setting under Option -> Save Game Options until update 1.3
Version 1.1 (Dec 13, 2011)
German language setting now correctly shows German menu/subtitle text.
German voice-over audio pack available for free download for Germa-language players.
Spanish language setting now correctly shows Spanish text.
Game Center Achievements now report online. They are saved locally so use the Synchronize button in the Online menu to update your online records.
Improved touch detection on iPhone for the text-buttons in the shops.
SFX for summons now plays for non-English settings.
Bow controls in Touch control mode fixed.
Lower running memory requirement eliminates some crash issues.
Phone calls during game now handled without crashing.
Other minor bug fixes.