- Tweetbot for Twitter (iPhone & iPod touch)
Tweetbot is a full-featured iPhone (and iPod touch) Twitter client with a lot of personality. Whether it’s the meticulously-crafted interface, sounds & animation, or features like multiple timelines & smart gestures, there’s a lot to love about Tweetbot.
What people are saying:
“I’ve tried every iPhone Twitter client in the App Store, and Tweetbot is my favorite, hands-down.” - John Gruber, Daring Fireball
“Tweetbot puts a lot of useful Twitter features at your fingertips with the high level of style and polish that only Tapbots can provide. It's my new favorite client.” - David Chartier, Macworld
◆ Multiple Timelines. Quickly switch between your lists as your main timeline.
◆ Smart Gestures. Use Twitter more efficiently with time-saving and configurable gestures.
◆ Native Push Notifications.
◆ Mute filters lets you block messages from users without unfollowing them.
◆ Sync timeline position, direct message read statuses and mute filters between iPhone and iPad via iCloud.
◆ Customizable Navigation. The last 2 tabs are customizable and unused tabs are easily accessible.
◆ Support for multiple services like Pocket, Instapaper, Readability, CloudApp and Droplr.
◆ Save drafts, add locations and POI's, attach photos/videos/notes, manage your lists, and much more.
For complete details and a demo video on Tweetbot, visit tapbots.com/tweetbot/
Version 2.8 (Apr 23, 2013)
- New media timeline. Scroll to the top of a timeline and switch to the new media view (next to the search box).
This view displays only supported image and video tweets.
- Completely redesigned image viewer
- Tweet/status detail view now displays the number of Favs and Retweets
- Fixed Instagram Previews
- Various other bug fixes
Version 2.7.3 (Feb 27, 2013)
- Added “Your Tweets, Retweeted” back to the Retweets tab. The “Retweets by You” and “Retweets by Others” API
calls were removed by Twitter in their API 1.1 update.
- Fixed display of t.co URLs instead of the real URL in some profile views
Note: You MUST upgrade to Tweetbot 2.7.2 or later by March 5th, 2013. All previous versions will stop working due to
Twitter API changes.
Version 2.7.2 (Feb 19, 2013)
- Updated to use Twitter's 1.1 API
- Updated to meet Twitter's new UI requirements
Note: You MUST upgrade to Tweetbot 2.7.2 or later by March 5th, 2013. All previous versions will stop working due to Twitter API changes.
Version 2.7.1 (Feb 5, 2013)
- Fixed a crasher during startup (Sorry)
Version 2.7 (Feb 4, 2013)
- Added the ability to open links in Chrome and 1Password
- Added inline image support for Flickr
- Added inline image support for Vine
- Better support for muting Tweets with URLs
- Various bug fixes
- Still no jokes in the release notes
Version 2.6.2 (Dec 7, 2012)
Various UI fixes
Version 2.6.1 (Nov 19, 2012)
Improved scrolling performance on older devices
Fixed streaming issue when following large number of users
Various other bug fixes
Version 2.6 (Oct 26, 2012)
Support for Twitter's new header image
Ability to create custom locations
Various other fixes and improvements
Version 2.5.1 (Sep 26, 2012)
More iOS 6 fixes
Version 2.5.0 (Sep 18, 2012)
Support for iOS 6 and iPhone 5
Version 2.4.3 (Aug 22, 2012)
Version 2.4.2 (Jul 16, 2012)
Fixed crasher on iOS 4.2.1
Various bug fixes
Version 2.4.1 (Jul 10, 2012)
- Ability to toggle smart quotes in the compose view (tap in the text input area)
- Fixed crash when using Droplr for uploads
- Various performance and bug fixes
Version 2.4 (May 24, 2012)
- Updated Search view
- Nearby tweets added with ability to change location
- Location-based keyword searches
- Improved search box for efficiency.
- Trends and People categories moved to browse section
- Added Top Tweets in browse section
- Can now change trends location from the search view
- Double-tap search tab to open search with keyboard
- Keyword mute filters (with regex option and ability to mute mentions as well)
- Offline Favorite and Read Later support (for you subway passengers)
- Basic smart quote support when composing (ex: quotes become smart quotes, ... becomes an ellipsis, and -- becomes an em dash)
- When viewing an image full screen on the iPad you can hold down on it for options
- List views now show one line of a list or profile description on the iPad
- Top tweets show up in search results (marked by silver star violator)
- Dismiss web and map views on the iPad with a 2-finger swipe down gesture.
- Can now swipe to the right on profile views to go back one level
- Improved find location speed and accuracy
- Sending to pinboard now marks items as unread
- Muting a client automatically mutes mentions from that client as well
- Fixed iPad bug where you couldn't take profile photos with the camera
- Fixed missing tweet sound when publishing a tweet.
- Various other bug fixes
Version 2.3 (Apr 30, 2012)
- New tweet detail view with inline conversations and replies (swipe right to left on a tweet for quick access)
- New gesture in tweet detail to get back to the timeline quickly (swipe left to right)
- New conversation view now contains both the conversation and replies (swipe left to right on a tweet for quick access)
- Ability to email conversations or post a link to them via Storify when in the conversation view
- Droplr Support
- Video thumbnails now have a "play" icon to differentiate it from image thumbnails
- Timeline sync bookmark icon is now an optional setting
- Reorganized tweet drawer (last two buttons have gone through some options reorganization)
- Added thumbnail support for Vimeo links
- Higher res image uploads when on wifi
- Hold down compose tweet button to quickly open last draft
- Support for $stock links
- Improved email format when sending tweets, DMs, or conversations as email
- Arabic Localization
Version 2.2 (Apr 6, 2012)
- iCloud Integration (Must be logged into iCloud)
- Mute filters synced across instances of Tweetbot
- DM read status synced across all instances of Tweetbot when iCloud is selected for Sync
- Timeline positions are synced across all instances of Tweetbot that have iCloud selected for Sync
- Better handling of iTunes links along with thumbnail previews
- Youtube links provide thumbnail previews
- Fixed iPad retina image preview in the tweet detail
- Pinch to close image view on iPad
- Bug fixes
Version 2.1 (Mar 16, 2012)
- Streaming (when on WiFI with settings to disable it)
- The "new tweets" sound is now limited to mentions, DM's, and new tweets via pull-to-refresh
- Double-tapping on the timeline tab button takes you to last read tweet before going to the top
- Improvements to the Tweetmarker service
- Bug fixes related to direct messages
- Many other bug fixes
Version 2.0.1 (Feb 15, 2012)
- Fixes for Direct Message issues on iOS 4.x
- Fixes for Tweet Marker
- Fixes for Lists losing their position
Version 2.0 (Feb 8, 2012)
- Updated timeline view
- Image thumbnails in timeline
- Links now colored and single-tappable
- "Retweeted by" bar now integrated and tappable
- Cell colors adjusted for better contrast
- New direct message view.
- Redesigned "New Tweets" bar (Can be dismissed by tap and configured in Settings > Display)
- Timed auto-refresh (timeline, mentions, and DM's will refresh every 5 minutes)
- Readability added as mobilizer service
- Much improved tweet replies view
- Links in user's bio now tappable
- "Huge" font size option in Settings > Display
- Improved scrolling performance
Version 1.8.2 (Dec 3, 2011)
Fixed issue with conversation mode and private accounts.
Version 1.8.1 (Nov 19, 2011)
- Fixed scrolling bug
- Real names now show in search results (if enabled in settings)
- Can now swipe to view conversations in search results as well as the mentions tab in a person's profile
- Improved image cache handling
Version 1.8 (Nov 14, 2011)
- Photo/Video options moved from action menu to its own button in compose view
- Option to "Use Latest Photo" from the camera roll
- Option to "Copy Image" in image views
- Added Push Notification Diagnostics (at the bottom of the push notification settings)
- Ability to turn web mobilizer on and off in the web view (when mobilizer is enabled in the account settings)
- Improved "Manage Memberships" for lists. (improved performance and less API calls)
- Bug Fixes
Version 1.7.3 (Nov 4, 2011)
Fixed issue with launching from a push notification
Version 1.7.2 (Oct 28, 2011)
Various bug fixes
Version 1.7.1 (Oct 19, 2011)
Stopped "Delete" button from showing up on Tweets that aren't your own.
Version 1.7 (Oct 11, 2011)
- Support for iOS 5 including system level Twitter integration
- Bug Fixes