The new Vimeo iPhone app is the fastest way to watch, create, and share Vimeo videos on the go.
It’s totally reimagined to be awesomer, sleeker, more beautiful, way more awesome, and also much, much awesomer. The smarter, more intuitive design makes uploading, browsing, and sharing ridiculously easy.
Take your feed on the go, enjoy a Staff Pick or Vimeo Channel while in line for lunch, or catch up on your Watch Later queue as you relax in the park. Whoa, that dog is doing something crazy! Film it and upload your video right from the app. You can even watch more videos while it uploads.
Here’s some of what makes the new Vimeo iPhone app amazing:
• Conveniently manage and watch all your videos on the go
• Quickly search for videos from the entire Vimeo catalog
Discover new and amazing videos in the Explore tab
• Upload easily from your camera roll or shoot right from the app
• Continue using the app while your videos upload • Share any video via Facebook, Twitter, email, iMessage, or copy the link and share how you want • Watch videos from your Vimeo feed, Watch Later queue, or your uploads or likes • Easily like videos, comment, and add to your Watch Later queue
• Do it all super fast
We hope our new iPhone app makes you happy! Vimeo for iPad users, worry not: your update is in the works.
(Requires iPhone 3GS or 4G and iOS 4.0+)
Please note this app is currently available in English only.
Version 3.0.1 (Dec 28, 2012)
- Tapping a thumbnail from Feed view reveals video details
- Like and Watch Later buttons appear more responsive to touch
- Added pagination for Likes in the Me tab
- Added alert if user tries to shoot or access videos when permission has previously been denied
- Fixed issue where app became unresponsive if denied access to video library
- Fixed issue where sharing options weren't appearing on iPad
- Improved Watch Later and Liked video sorting
- Improved editing of long video descriptions
- Fixed temporary files not being removed when a video render fails
- Fixed issue where uploader got stuck at 100% uploading
- Improved Facebook linking
- Improved video playback stability
- General stability improvements and bug fixes
Version 3.0 (Nov 28, 2012)
- Navigate simply using the brand new tab-based design
- Quickly view and browse videos via the brand new Feed view
- Share videos natively with Twitter and Facebook
- Automatically share your video to Twitter and Facebook after uploading
- Upload your videos in the background so you don’t have to stop watching
- Manage your Watch Later queue
The iPhone editor has been removed, but you can download and save active projects to your Camera Roll — learn more in FAQ
Version 2.0.5 (Jul 6, 2012)
- Adds initial support for vimeo:// url scheme. Currently supports: projects, camera, featured, my_videos, likes,
watch_later, feed, stats, and help.
- Fixes incorrect localizations.
- Bug fixes.
Version 2.0.4 (May 8, 2012)
Fixed a crash when syncing videos for some users
Version 2.0.3 (Apr 26, 2012)
- Navigate Home by double tapping navigation bar on iPhone
- Allow clicking of links in descriptions
- Improved thumbnail scrolling performance and reliability on iPad
- Improved reliability of music store downloads.
- Improved overall stability and many, many other bug fixes.
- Fixed crash during project uploads.
- Fixed crash when downloading videos to Camera Roll
- Fixed setting and displaying of Creative Commons licenses.
- Fixed small issue with feeds not properly displaying the last updated state
Version 2.0.2 (Apr 4, 2012)
- Enhanced video delivery: video quality automatically adapts based on network connection and device, potentially
delivering high quality HD video content (720p and 1080p) depending on device and network capabilities.
- More reliable video playback and buffering
- Optimized video streaming for faster and higher quality startups depending on hardware and connection speed
- Updated Help section to be easier to browse on smaller screens
- Renamed "Subscriptions" to "My Feed"
- Account screen fixes
- Optimized assets to reduce file size
Version 2.0.1 (Mar 16, 2012)
- Added retina graphics for the new iPad
- Fixed bug where plus members would see an option to upgrade to Plus.
- Fixed several issues with sharing.
- Fixed several bugs that would cause the app to crash.
- Fixed issue that would not allow downloading of music from the Vimeo music store.
- Fixed issue where lists of videos would appear to "jump around".
- Fixed issue where wrong thumbnail would be shown for a video.
- Several other bug fixes.
Version 2.0 (Feb 27, 2012)
• New, native iPad UI and an updated, easier to use iPhone UI.
• Vimeo Music Store integration in the video editor.
• Shoot video, create projects, and browse our featured channels without logging in or signing up.
• View your Subscriptions, Likes, and Watch Later album.
• Share, add comments, and view licenses, credits, and likes on other peoples' videos.
Version 1.0.3 (Apr 29, 2011)
General stability improvements
Version 1.0.2 (Apr 25, 2011)
- Added Search to the Browse tab (yay!)
- Fixed issue where Camera Roll appears empty
- Fixed video volume being muted
- Fixed a crash when trying to export an unedited video to the Camera Roll
- General stability improvements
- Lower memory footprint