- Word Finder for Words With Friends etc
Word Finder allows you to find and check valid words in all popular crossword games such as Words With Friends, etc.
This app is not made by or endorsed by the makers of Scrabble®. Scrabble® is a registered trademark of Hasbro Inc. Corporation and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited.
* Enter the tiles on your rack (including blanks)
* Find all possible words, ordered by score or word length
* Enter an existing word on the board that you'd like to attach to
* Find all possible words that could attach to that word: alongside it, crossing it, extending it, or fitting between multiple words
* No internet connection required to search
* On iOS 5 (and later) look up definition using the built-in iPhone dictionary
* On earlier versions of iOS look up definitions online
* Check if a word is valid
* Includes Words With Friends & Lexulous as well as other popular word games
* Supports multiple dictionaries:
** Words With Friends (ENABLE + WWF extensions)
** USA tournament (TWL06)
** USA home & schools (OSPD4)
** International 2012 (CSW12)
** International 2007 (CSW07)
** Generic (only words present in all word game dictionaries)
** Lexulous: (US English)
** Lexulous: (UK English)
Word Finder is a helper app for popular word games. It is not affiliated with the makers of these games.
Version 1.3 (Nov 25, 2012)
Support for iPhone 5 and iOS6.
Update dictionaries to most recent versions.
Fixed a bug where the 'Info' tab would sometimes appear repeatedly.
Version 1.2 (May 12, 2012)
Minor bug fixes/improvements:
* Bug fix: For a few users the 'Information' screen was being shown automatically every time they started the app.
It is only supposed to be shown automatically if there is new information on that page.
* Improvement: add more detailed information in the 'This word isn't valid' email to help me sort out dictionary problems.
Also, apologies to those who found the previous update confusing. The new 'Alongside' results have bumped the 'Extending' and 'Crossing' results to further down the page - but they are still there if you scroll down!
If you need further help, just use the 'Report a problem' button in the app to email me!
Version 1.1 (Apr 26, 2012)
WARNING: DO NOT UPDATE UNLESS YOUR DEVICE IS RUNNING IOS 4.2 OR ABOVE!
If you do upgrade, the app may be deleted, and the only way to get it back is if you have a backup of your iTunes data on your computer!
I tried hard to make this update work on iOS 3, but almost all the new features rely on iOS4 :-(
Note: if you had problems with the previous version suggesting words that didn't work in your game, please try this new version. I have created a wizard that helps you select the correct dictionary to hopefully eliminate this problem.
* lateral results (words alongside existing words forming lots of 2-letter words)
* find words that fit between two or more existing words on the board
* wizard to help you select the correct game and dictionary
* 3 new dictionaries (CSW2012, OSPD4, generic) in addition to TWL2006, CSW2007 and WWF
* lists of useful words (2-letter words, Q without U, etc)
* many word definitions are now built-in without needing internet access (iOS 5 devices only)
* quickly scroll through word lists using the index on the right
* option to send an email direct to the author so I can help you promptly with any problems
* context-sensitive help throughout the app
* the letters you enter are now saved when you stop and restart the app
* fix occasional crashes when viewing lists of words