- Writer Rumble
Chose a literary legend as your champion and take on friends online or survive waves of enemies solo in a word battle.
Universal build—buy it once for all your devices!
What the critics say:
"The visuals are beautiful, the soundtrack is wonderful, and the gameplay is challenging, fun, and quite addictive" –Christine Chan, appadvice.com
"With an art style that easily won over this English major's heart and battles that keep you guessing until the end, it's certainly one of the most action-packed word games you'll find on your mobile device." –Giancarlo Valdes, GamesBeat
App Store User Reviews:
"Fun. Fast. Addictive. Amazing word game concept with character art to match." –Mare do Well
"I love this game! Interesting and unique character designs and hours of endless fun." –Rice365
*IMPORTANT* Writer Rumble requires an iPad 2 or newer, iPhone 3GS or newer, or iPod Touch (4th gen)
Words will never hurt you – until now! With Writer Rumble, you can take on your friends in a game of speed spelling
madness or battle against enemies in single player mode. Use your board to find the most damaging words and watch as
your enemies take a beating. Unleash special powers to increase damage, get new letters, or save yourself from dying.
• Choose from 6 literary legends
• Use special powers to triple your word damage or black out your opponent's board
• Challenge your friends in local or online multiplayer
• Play against your friends with split-screen multiplayer for iPad
• Game Center and Facebook integration to set up matches and compare scores
• Play survival mode to increase your ability and set new high scores
Version 1.0.2 (May 13, 2013)
Multiplayer has been completely rebuilt from the ground up to improve finding, connecting to, and playing matches online.
• Entirely new server system design for mobile online gaming
• Get connected to and playing with your opponent faster
• Stay playing with improved synchronization
• Play wherever you go with more stable performance on mobile and wi-fi connections
Version 1.0.1 (Dec 19, 2012)
- Multiplayer improvements. We made a number of adjustments to work along with our server updates for a better
experience finding and playing matches.
- Increased player health in multiplayer
- Added more status messages while connecting in multiplayer
- Improved visual response time to activating powers
- Added indicator for character choice on selection screen
- Added manual refresh to Friends Match screen
- Added friend request button to player profiles
- Added "Ready, Fight" to beginning of Survival Mode