An electronic periodical for curious people with a technical bent. We publish an issue every 2 weeks with four (and sometimes more) feature articles.
Subscriptions are $1.99 per month with a free 7-day trial or $19.99 per year (no trial period). All subscriptions, including free trials, include access to all back issues. (Issues are not sold individually.)
Subscriptions are billed and auto-renewed each month or year as follows:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, at the monthly or yearly rate at the time of renewal.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited upon purchase of a subscription.
The Magazine is published by Aperiodical LLC in Seattle, WA.
* Fixed display problem with sharing pop-over on iPad in iOS 7.
* Cosmetic fixes for iOS 7 fonts and sharing icons.
* Settings button now works again on the iPad in iOS 7.
- Added yearly subscription option (no trial period). For a trial, sign up for monthly, which offers a 7-day, no-obligation, free trial. If you like what you see, you can switch to yearly to take effect at the end of any billing month.
- Updated Foreword.
- We're listening to your feedback! Watch for future updates that incorporate a number of much-requested features.
- New "Write Letter to Editor" feature in actions menu. We'd love to hear from you, and we may publish your
letters in future issues.
- The Gmail and Sparrow apps are now supported for email-based features in addition to Mail.
- Fixed bugs and crashes.
Remember, readers of shared articles now see full text (for a limited number of articles per month). Please share
your favorite articles to help spread The Magazine. Thanks!
Shared links now show full article text! Now you can share without worrying about whether your friends or readers will be able to see the full articles. (Web readers get a limited number of free article views before they're asked to subscribe.)
Please help us spread the word about The Magazine by sharing links to your favorite articles!
- Downloading and animation bugfixes.
- Updated Foreword to reflect our current focus and direction.
- You can now log into the website with your app's subscription.
- Saving to Instapaper now works offline.
NOTE: There's an animation glitch in this version affecting some subscribers that usually goes away after a minute or two. I'm looking into it. Sorry about that.
- Issues can now be collapsed in the list by tapping their header bars. (Or swipe to delete them.)
- Selected free-sample issues can be downloaded before subscribing.
- Much faster and more stable under the hood. (Geeks: a complete model-layer rewrite, now using Core Data.)
- Many cosmetic and functional bugfixes and improvements.
The first time you launch this version, issues will need to be redownloaded. The most recent two will download automatically.
- Improved legibility on iPad mini
- Better in-app-purchase flow
- Many small bugfixes and improvements
- Share links within articles or send them to Instapaper
- Share selected text from articles
- Post to App.net with Netbot if you have Netbot installed
- New Settings screen: manage your subscription, choose from installed web browsers for opening links (supports Safari, Chrome, Opera Mini, iCab Mobile, Grazing, Mercury, Dolphin, and Terra)
Fixed subscriptions on multiple devices with the same Apple ID.