Batak is a variant of popular trick-taking card game Spades. Batak is also known by many other names, including Oh Hell!, Blackout, Nomination Whist, Elevator (l'Ascenseur in France), Boerenbridge or 10 op en neer in the Netherlands, German Bridge in Hong Kong.
A standard 52 card deck is used. The cards in each suit rank (from high to low) A K Q J 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2.
13 cards are dealt to each player.
A player leads the first card. Each player must follow the suit led, if he can. If not, he should play the trump, or any suit if he has no trump. The player who has played the card with the highest value ( the trump card or the card of the suit led, if no trump was played) wins the trick. That player then leads to the next trick. Continue until all tricks have been played and won.
The game has two modifications: simple and auction.
In the simple game the object is for each player to bid the number of tricks he thinks he can take in the hand, then to take at least that number of tricks.
In the auction game a player offering higher bid wins the auction. He has to take bid number of tricks or more. Other players have to win at least one trick.
Enjoy simple interface and attractive game view!
OKEY and KING games are available in the AppStore.
BatakOnline - a free multiplayer version of this game is available in the AppStore.
Version 2.4.2 (Jan 23, 2012)
Fixed a crash issue in the easy level AI.
Version 2.4.1 (Jan 07, 2012)
Fixed an issue when application might crash in some conditions
Version 2.4 (Aug 11, 2011)
- Added an option to arrange bid numbers in descending order to avoid accidental tap on high numbers. (Settings
-> Bid numbers descending)
- Fixed an issue when setting for "Confirm high bids" was not saved correctly
Version 2.3 (Jul 15, 2011)
* Added a confirmation on high bids to avoid accidental tap on buttons.
* Returned back a "Lead with trump" option.
Version 2.2 (Jun 24, 2011)
- Improved AI for the Hard level.
- Fixed an issue when the game state might not be saved on exit.
- Fixed a wrong trump selection in the forced 4 bids game.
- Removed options "Play higher" and "Lead with trump" from Settings. These options are implemented according the rules of each game. See help for details.
- Minor changes and improvements.
Version 2.1 (Mar 27, 2011)
- Change: in Simple game player having Ace of Spades can not bid Nil (0)
- Corrected icon for retina display
- Added banner for online version of the game
- Minor bugfixes and improvements
Version 2.0 (Jan 12, 2011)
- iOS 4.x multitasking support
- Complete redesign including retina display support
- New animations
- New sound effects
- Rules related corrections
Version 1.1.1 (May 10, 2009)
Version 1.1 (Jan 07, 2009)
- AI improvements
- Bug fixes