Boxcar has Twitter, Facebook, Email, RSS, Growl, Github, Google Voice, Google Buzz, App Recommendation, and more push notifications just for you. WOW! Read on for details...
*** OVER 1 BILLION MESSAGES DELIVERED! ***
Want to know as soon as something happens? Boxcar is for you!
Boxcar sends you a push notification anytime you receive a notification or message on Facebook. For example, when someone comments on your status - we'll let you know! We'll automatically open the Facebook application for you as well.
Boxcar sends you push notifications for Mentions, DMs, RTs, New Followers, Favorites, and whenever you're added to a list. The best part is, it works with over 35 of your favorite Twitter apps including: Twittelator, TweetDeck Twitter, Twitterrific, Osfoora, Hootsuite, Echofon (Lite and Pro), Twinkle, SimplyTweet, Twitterena+ (Lite and Pro), Hahlo.com, TwitBird Pro, and TwitBird!
You receive a push, then your favorite Twitter client is opened!
Power user? We support multiple twitter accounts!
Boxcar provides you with a unique e-mail address that you forward your e-mail to. We take privacy very, very seriously and only store who it's from, and the subject. We then send you a push notification!
Separate work from play? That's cool, we let you have multiple email accounts set up at the same time.
** Google Voice:
We'll send you a push notification whenever you receive a new voicemail or text. Open them right in GV Mobile.
** Google Buzz:
Boxcar sends notifications for updates to your stream, new likes, and comments! Not only that but you can open them in Buzzes!
Need to make sure your team is committing code, or want to monitor commits to your open source projects? Hook up Boxcar and Github to get notifications whenever a commit is made. Hint: Github notifications work best with the cash register sound!
** RSS or Atom Feeds:
Want to know as soon as your favorite websites are updated? Use Boxcar to subscribe to their feeds, and we'll send you a message when new posts are made. Get Boxcar now, and you'll never be the last one to comment.
*** FEATURES ***
- Central inbox for all of your notifications
- Facebook push notifications. Opens your Facebook application automatically!
- Email push notifications.
- Twitter notifications for mentions, direct messages, favorites, RTs, new followers, and whenever you're added to a list.
- OAuth for authentication, so we never see your passwords.
- Choose from over 35 different clients to open automatically for Twitter!
- Choose from our custom push notification sounds, *per service*!
- Custom alert settings including full message, private message, and even no message at all!
- More services being added all the time!
*** WHO LOVES YOU? ***
"awesome! One of the reasons I decided to purchase Boxcar is that I saw how responsive you are to user questions. Keep up the great work"- Laura
"Completely agree works every time. Boxcar is awesome. Push notifications for Twitter."- Carole
"Boxcar has a downside. It's quite serious. We no longer have an excuse for not replying to mentions. The world will never be the same again."- Chad
Follow us on Twitter: @boxcar
Visit our help site: http://help.boxcar.io
If you have a problem or feel like there is a feature missing PLEASE contact us at http://help.boxcar.io first and we'll see if we can help!
Short and sweet! More to come...
Remember! You can use your BOXCAR online (http://boxcar.io) and on your Mac desktop!
*** OVER 1 BILLION MESSAGES DELIVERED! ***
* NEW: Read It Later support.
* NEW: hide/show navigation chrome around webviews.
* NEW: Add ability to open custom safari:// URLs in MobileSafari.
* NEW: Add ability to turn off mentions for Twitter @Anyone service.
* NEW: Add Twitterrific tweet sound.
* NEW: Add Vibrate Only sound option.
* GONE: Christmas sounds.
Happy Holidays from Jonathan, Josh, Conor, Jeff and Jeff at Boxcar!
* NEW: Christmas sounds!
* NEW: Track Santa via Push! Just hit "Add a Service" and add it!
* NEW: Follow a user back from within Boxcar.
* NEW: Moar love!
* BUGFIX: Fix custom URL entry.
* BUGFIX: Resolve iPad design issues (stretched buttons, indented headers).
* BUGFIX: Use proper animation when deleting a message from a list.
* BUGFIX: Don't allow deletion of the Load More cell.
* BUGFIX: A bunch of other various crashes.
#FunFact: We have delivered over 500 MILLION notifications. How awesome is that?!
“The report of my death is an exaggeration.” - Mark Twain
*** NOW WITH PUSH FOR:
* Reddit (Public and Accounts)
* Twitter @anyone (instant push for your friends when they tweet!)
* BUGFIX: Dismiss the browser if we find ourselves redirecting to a URL that is outside of the application.
* BUGFIX: Resolve missing back button if opening to a browser view sequentially.
* BUGFIX: Character count positioning for iPad.
* BUGFIX: Properly display error messages to users when services fail to save because of validation issues.
* BUGFIX: Make sure 'Open in Safari' actually opens Safari.
* BUGFIX: Consistent positioning of Instructions and Help button among services.
* BUGFIX: Adjusted numberOfLines in show message view to prevent odd word-wrapping.
* BUGFIX: No longer using a modal dialog for remote providers (Github).
* BUGFIX: Accessibility enhancements.
* BUGFIX: Slide to View and "Client not installed" fixes for providers and Growl.
* BUGFIX: Twitter Shoutouts.
* BUGFIX: Disabling ads now works correctly.
* BUGFIX: Don't display error messages in a UIAlertView, for UIWebViews.
* BUGFIX: Instapaper crash (nil password).
* BUGFIX: Facebook permissions.
* BUGFIX: Refresh arrows were backwards.
* BUGFIX: Quiet time label is refreshed properly after saving.
*** NEW FUNCTIONALITY / ITERATION:
* Ability to re-order services on the grid.
* Ability to delete messages.
* Show the provider / service name in the messages index.
* Remove the total message count from the messages index.
* Add Twitter Follow provider. Instant notifications anytime someone tweets.
* Add ability to follow people back from within Boxcar.
* Link twitter list names when viewing a message.
* Replace plcrashreporter with Hoptoad for better/easier to deal with crash reporting.
* Prompt the user for an app store review after 5 days of usage.
* When logging out, actually log the user out and stop delivering messages to that device.
* Add text treatment to help identify the type of message.
* Rewrite replies.
* EXPERIMENTAL: Load the users inbox (and clear any badges) in the background after redirecting the user to another application.
* Awesome new icons!
* Retina display support
* Centralized inbox
* Google Buzz, Google Voice, Github, App Recommendations, and more!
* More alert settings
* Reply and Retweet right from Boxcar
* Bug fixes
- iOS 4 fixes.
- HootSuite and HootSuite Lite support.
- Ability to open Seesmic Facebook.
- Ability to open Facebook.com (full website) for iPad.
- Bug fixes.
- Revamped Inbox.
- All services are now free.
- Universal Binary for iPad.
- Ability to delete notifications.
- Added 5 new sounds.
- Fixed bug with quiet time.
- Added Twitter List push notifications.
- Ability to choose your own URL when opening email notifications.
- Added 4 new sounds.
- Added instant direct messages.
- Added support for opening Twizzle, TweetTime and LaTwit Twitter clients
- Caching of the notifications inbox.
- Removed Christmas sounds.
- 5 new Christmas notification sounds.
- Added ability to push RSS feeds.
- Added ability to push Growl notifications.
- Option for hidden Facebook notifications.
- Option for Twitter Retweet notifications.
- Inbox overhaul with touchable links.
- Improved Quiet Time UX.
- Added TweetDeck, Natsulion to the list of default Twitter clients.
- Added 5 new halloween sounds for push notifications.
- Better accessibility support for the Notifications Inbox.
- Added push notifications for Facebook Mail.
- Added ability to logout of and log back into Facebook.
- Added ability to refresh your Twitter client list with the most recent results from our server.
- Fixed a crash where the application was trying to check for notifications when the user hasn't logged in.
- Additional services (Facebook, Email, Twitter Searches, Twitter Accounts) are available for a small one-time fee. Your first service is included!
- Added ability to choose your push notification sound.
- Added ability to receive e-mail push notifications.
- Added ability to receive Facebook push notifications.
- Added ability to view your received push notifications.
- Added badge updating for push notifications.
- Added support for opening hahlo.com as your Twitter client.
- Added support for opening Twitterena+ Pro, Lite as your Twitter client.
- Added support for opening Birdfeed as your Twitter client.
- Added ability to "don't open anything" for Twitter push notifications.
- Fixed a crash that affected a small number of users who did not have any mentions or direct messages
- Added support for Twitterfon
- Added support for Twittelator
- Added support for Twinkle
- Added ability to open direct messages in the Twitter application of your choice