NOW ON SALE. 50% OFF WHILE I MAKE VERSION 4.0
9/10 Rating by Wired Magazine > UNIVERSAL APP WORKS ON ALL DEVICES!
FILM IS DEAD ... And yet many camera apps still insist upon attempting simulations of that long-past era. We say NO to artificial nostalgia, pushing forward in the digital realm with different forms of creative destruction.
With that in mind we present Decim8, a digital tool for photographic destruction. Armed with a set of bit-glitching filters, evolve your pictures into strange and sublime artifacts bordering on chaos. There are no effects to simulate your grandpa's snapshots. No virtual replicas of plastic instant-cams from your imaginary summer of '73. Just mad combinations of digital data-mashing. That's how we roll.
- 25! insane digital effects not found in any other app
- Save your favorite combinations as your own named effects
- User may randomize OR custom arrange-and-activate effects
- Camera features: tap-to-focus, focus locking, torch-mode flash, align grid, front/rear cam
- Decim8 images from your photo library
- Full-size output
- Send postcards to your friends with seamless Postagram integration
- Tweet out your creations with seamless Twitter integration
- Effects never exactly the same twice
- Effects previews give an idea of what each effect does.
** WARNING! THIS APP IS CAPABLE OF COMPLETELY DESTROYING AN IMAGE. (You can keep the original of course!) If this doesn't appeal to you, there are LOTS of apps out there to provide all the "safe" effects you could ever want. If you're looking for something more, something new and unpredictable.. capable of making art that's challenging yet beautiful, then we think you will enjoy DECIM8!
"results can be surprisingly beautiful… DOWNLOAD" - App Judgement
"the App Store’s best glitch app" - LifeInLoFi.com
"definitely a nice change up from the thousands of redundant retro-editing apps." - WeAreJuxt.com
"is capable of rewarding patience with some stunning images. Definitely worth a look if you're into experimenting with your images" - iPhoneArt.com
Please join up with our Flickr group : http://www.flickr.com/groups/decim8/
Also, check out the vibrant community of #Decim8 users on Instagram!
Decim8 is a dynamic & social project- please feel free to drop us a line with your ideas and suggestions. Thanks and have a nice day!
Note: All example images taken straight from the app - no other programs used
iOS 5 - TOTAL COMPATIBILITY!!
• Ability to delete custom effects
•iPod Crash Fixed
•2 New FX
•Zoom-pan wandering fixed
•Various other bug fixes
•Totally redesigned interface
•4 New FX
•iPad and iPhone 5 specific UI
•Post to Instagram from app directly
•Native Facebook, Twitter sharing
•View what others are doing with Decim8 with the new Instagram gallery
•Various internal enhancements
- Fixed memory leak that could cause crashing during processing
- Fixed Vortron effect
- Fixed Zoom-scale bug
- iPad 1 Compatibility fixed
5 New Effects
Save your effect combos
Share with Twitter
-Modify & re-apply effects from review screen!
-Zoom and Pan during image review!
-Small/Large image capture option (in case you don't like waiting for the fullsize image processing!)
-UI enhancements everywhere!
-Preparing for a MAJOR update!
2.0 minor bugfix
- New Effect : "Fingerblib" uses brightness levels in the scene to fracture the image data
- Camera screen flashes when pic taken
- UI Tweaks
-Super-ultra-mega stability update. All known crashes fixed! Program is ROCK SOLID! (If not, let me know!)
-Can now process images from Photo Library
-Fixed all memory management, every effect tested to run hundreds of times
- Major rewrite of memory management. Should solve most/all memory related crashing in the app. I tested by running the same effect up to 1000 times in a row to make sure memory was being cleared.
-Cameras without Flash/Front Cam will not show icons for those features
-"How to Use" alert on first run
- More readable text overlay on image
- Remembers your flash setting
* Thanks to the Flickr group for helping find and recommend fixes and feature additions *
This release should be considered a bugfix. The next release will focus on feature and effect additions. Thanks!