Express yourself in motion - gifboom is the best app to capture and share your moments. It's simple, fast and effortless to create amazing clips with our well crafted features.
gifboom combines the best tool in video and gif editing with the state of art social networking features.
* Modes: Multiple capture modes: Stop Motion, Auto, Timer with an easy swipe to switch interface.
* Filters: Dozen of vintage real time filters
* Import: import your photos, videos, or GIFs from your camera roll
* Sounds: Record voice-over or add music from your iPod library or search for millions of songs.
* Unlimited uploads
* Social: follow, subscribe, like, reboom, or comment
* Groups: New in v5! create a group where you can meet people with similar interest. Add other moderators to keep your group in the best shape!
* Privacy: set your account to private or create a private group. We value your privacy tremendously.
* Sharing: Share to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Email and MMS in one tap.
We're always listening to your feedbacks. Please send to email@example.com
- Fixed GIF quality.
- Fixed front camera flipped.
- Fixed reverse and loop mode
- Now you can pick 60 frames from all frames when imported from video
- Other bugs and crash fixes
We're dedicated to making the best GIF app. Thanks for your support!
- GIFs are back and better. By popular request we have reverted to the original way how you made GIFs.
- Sharing to Tumblr is working properly
- You may continue to listen to background music on your device now if you mute sound in gifboom through Advanced Settings -> Mute Sound.
- New Post Menu
- A lot of bug fixes and improvements
We're dedicated to making the best GIF tools. Please send your feedbacks to us.
Crashes fix. If you have experienced any crashes or issues, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
- Fixed glitches (static lines) in GIFs
- Fixed issues with cropping and text tool when the size is not square
- You can now see Answers in feed by turning on Advanced Settings -> Feed -> Show Asks in Feed option
- You can now see your subscribers list in Settings
- Published Questions is added in Asks so it's much easier to see and ask
- Better video trimmer experience
- Fixed a few crashes.
Fixed a bug where size was forced to be square.
- Ask friends and get answers in GIFs!
- Added Cropping tool
- You can now choose whether to save as video or save as GIF when sharing through iMessage
- Fixed the speed bug when exporting video in gallery to GIF.
- Combined news, messages and questions in one tab. Much easier to send and receive messages.
- Added member counts in Group search results.
- Many crash fixes.
We have received many feedbacks on #v5 from you and we read all of them! We are working around the clock and have added many features and fixed a few bugs in this update. Thank you and keep gifbooming!
- Import from Web is back and better! Much faster and now you can search many more GIFs online
- Fixed an issue with old gallery gifs not being abled to be edited (and then posted)
- Fixed sending GIF through message
- Much faster Burst mode so it appears less choppier
- Better GIF quality and faster creation
- Added Grid and List mode switch on user profile page
- Fixed some possible crashes when importing from video
- Many more crash fixes
We have heard your feedbacks. We are working hard on them. More updates coming soon. Send yours to email@example.com Thank you!
- Added Import from Clipboard. Tap the + icon on camera page to start import.
- Added gallery button directly on your profile page so no need to go to Settings page first.
- You can now select only one photo to make a GIF
- Added an option in Advanced settings to show Popular/Trending/Latest and Search in Grid View.
- Fixed an issue with typing captions during publish
- Added follow each other icon on user list
- Better Video Quality
- Fixed a number of crashes
We're really excited to present GifBoom v5.0!
A couple months ago we decided to update GifBoom for iOS 7. Our goal is to bring back gifboom to its original mission: help you express yourself in motion. We'd like it to be simple, beautiful and standing behind your creativity.
After many hours of work, we're proud to introduce the new gifboom with a modern, streamlined interface with some of the most powerful features you've ever seen in mobile applications.
First we made our camera interface much easier to use and more powerful. It includes Stop Motion mode, Burst mode,
Auto mode and Timer mode. Both Auto and Timer mode can record your sound with video, whereas Stop Motion and Burst will
take single or continuous shots without sound and you can adjust speed and direction just like before.
We have improved our Filters to include a few incredible vintage filters. Try them today to see it in action!
We're proud to introduce our biggest secret in editing: Segments. Now you can edit each individual frame, or segment, within app. Add, reorder, split, or slow down each segment to mix different videos/photos/gifs into one clip. It's like the coolest video DJ app to open up your creativity! To add a little fun, we also included drawing on your clips.
Another big update is we are replacing Channels with Groups. Similar to Channels, Groups are helping you discover and find similar-interest people and content. What is different is now you can create your own groups, add other users as administrators. You can feature gifs in your groups, make private groups so only users you approve can post or view the group.
There are many other small and big updates, while we strive to keep it similar to our previous interfaces. Of course, we have revamped our UI to have iOS 7 look and feel.
Special thanks to a group of users who have volunteered to test and gave feedbacks to us during the last couple weeks. GifBoom will never be what it is without helps from user like you.
As with any major upgrades of products, there'll be slight learnings for existing users to adjust to our new features and interfaces. We're here to help and listen. Please let us know if you have any questions or feedbacks. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fixed crashes on some devices when importing from video
- Fixed crashes when importing from Web
- Fixed crashes on some devices when viewing Gallery
We're going to update design for iOS 7 soon. Thank you for the feedbacks!
iOS 7 compatibility fix
- Fixed crashing in importing videos.
- On older devices due to hardware constraints, GIF created with the app has a smaller size. To work around this
issue, now when you save the GIF to camera roll, we will also save a copy of the GIF in video format. The video has a
much bigger size. You may export the video to GIF in many other programs (again, not suggested for conversion on the
same device due to the hardware constraints).
- Bug fixes
- Improved GIF quality when saving to camera roll
- Now you can add GIFs directly from camera to Collage
- Some bug fixes
- Fixed messaging bar disappearing after sending a message
- Fixed the bug not being able to send GIF in messaging
- Fixed repeating GIFs in profile page.
- After switching between grid and list view, your preferences will be saved so it will keep the same view next time.
We heard your feedbacks. Thank you!
This update includes some critical fixes:
- Fixed the profile pic missing issue when updated
- Only show GIFs on Feed. You can select Q&A feed if desired. We'll remember your settings next time.
- Support disable Anonymous asks. If disabled, all questions will be appended with asker's username so you know who asked.
- Fixed Audio from speaker too quiet issue
- You can now comment on Q&As
- Added Sharing GIFs to Tumblr
- Fixed a few critical crashes
We're so grateful of our users! We take your feedbacks seriously and work hard at improving GifBoom, as your expression and communication community.
Included in this update:
- Q&A: now you can ask questions to other users anonymously and view their answers on their profile! Go to their profile and tap the question button to view and ask immediately. You can also go to your own profile, check your question queue, and ask up to 25 people at the same time! Q&As will show up on your feed so you will not miss any interesting answers. Go ahead and ask someone now!
- Dropbox integration: Have you ever experienced the dilemma that you have to uninstall GifBoom but don't want to lose GIFs in your gallery? Now we have a solution using a cloud storage service called Dropbox (If you haven't heard of them, sign it up for free because it is so good and you can do it from gifboom app!). Go to your gallery, click the "Link to Dropbox" button, sign up or login to your account, then leave as is. It may take a few minutes to fully sync your gallery to Dropbox and you are free to do whatever you want. Once it's done, your gifs are safe! You can delete gifboom app and install a new version and the gallery will be automatically restored. It is like magic! If you ever have an issue with syncing, just make sure you have a good connection and you have enough storage on your device and Dropbox, and reopen GifBoom and it should work! If you have a couple of devices, they can share the same gallery if using the same Dropbox account, or you can assign a different account for each device. All gifs in the same account will be backed up and restored.
- Introduce new Explore view and Trending tags! We have been using it for the last few days and it is so cool to view what is trending. Also, we made a stream view for popular, which you can change to grid view if you prefer.
- You can now filter news by types of notifications. No longer need to scroll through millions of notifications to find out who wants to follow you.
- We've also replaced all refresh buttons to pull down to refresh. It is relieving to get rid of one more button!
- We also allow you to play background music when opening GifBoom app now. Only stops it when it's needed, i.e. recording your voice or playing sounds in the app.
- Fixed twitter login. Use iOS integrated twitter account so it is more convenient. You may need to sign in again if you signed in through twitter in previous version and signed out.
- Smarter and better control on using storage space on your device. Remember to use "Clear Cache" option if you are running out of space, but in general the app will control the space usage automatically.
- Fixed some crashing bugs and annoying issues. Now it is more stable than ever.
Don't forget to email us your feedback at email@example.com or use the feedback button. We are keep listening to you!
* Post GIFs from Clipboard and Web Search.
* Support camera focus. Just tap camera screen to focus on area of interest
* Tap status bar to scroll to top
* New comments display style. Fixed issues of comments, bio or caption being truncated sometimes.
* More aggressively clearing cache spaces
* Auto truncate captions when it is too long in feed.
* Increased frame limit to 60, that is double what we used to have! Also you can take pics as fast as 30 frames per second (might be lower on older devices), and you can speed up your gifs to 30 frames per second. Make some HD gifs and tell @gifboom!
* Fixed a bug where GIF speed is slowed down when using Looping mode.
* Other bug fixes.
* Also, if you're posting to tumblr, please be aware that tumblr does not allow uploading big gifs. So if you see a static image on tumblr after sharing, please try reducing number of frames. Or ask Tumblr to give us a bigger limit!
More goodies coming soon. Thank you from GifBoom HQ and drop us a note firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions! We
love reading them.
- Fixed crashes during processing GIFs.
- Fixed Problem with playing audio in headphone
Our biggest update takes your gifs to the next level.
- Add Voice and Music to your gifs! Our ground-breaking addition to gifs will transform the media to a richer experience! Your gifs do not have to be silent all the time now. Press and hold a button to record your voice and attach to the gif so your viewers can also listen to what you say! It is truly personal! Or search among millions of songs and add your favorite music to match the gif. And you can even send your private messages with Gifs and Audio together!
- Make a gif Collage! Pick or choose your gifs, photos and texts and make one of dozens of collage frames! It is super fun to put some gifs together or add a memo. One and only again from GifBoom!
- We've redone Text Gif and this time, it'll be much easier, faster and better. Make a statement or write your story in text gifs. They will amaze your friends!
- Meet New Faces! Our intelligent algorithms will discover interesting users and new comers and recommend them (or you). It is a great place to hang out with other active lovers of GifBoom!
And many more small fixes and improvements. By the way, don't forget to check out our new cool post menu. We're just so excited!
★ Use GIF as cover photo.
★ Subscriptions: subscribe to your favorite users and receive notifications as soon as they post a GIF.
★ Configure notifications settings to choose what notifications you want to receive.
★ Smaller GIF sizes: Set whether to use smaller GIF sizes in feed in Advanced Settings. Especially useful for non-iphone 5 devices.
★ New Filter!
Upgrade your GifBoom experience to the next level.
★ New Profile page and Cover Photo
Revamp your profile with beautiful cover photo.
View all your gifs in a grid on your profile.
★ New Feed design
Cleaner and faster feed
★ New popular page
We changed the Popular page so Popular gifs are shown first. Tap the top left corner to switch to a different category
★ New filters
We added two fun filters: Madrid and Vienna. They're really fun!
You can add locations to your Gifs!
★ Swipe to delete entire conversation
A long asked feature never comes too late
★ Many more bug fixes and UI touches
- Fixed: sometimes app would not open
- Fixed: sometimes messages are not shown. (if your old messages are not shown, please delete the app and reinstall the new version)
- Lots of stability and usability improvements
Want colors other than Red? Choose your favorite theme from Blue, Black, Pink and Purple on Settings page.
★ GIFs in Feed
GIFs play directly in your Feed. Like and reboom GIFs directly with one tap on feed page.
★ New Filters
Added 4 awesome filters. Will add more effects soon.
Tap 3 times on GIF to Reboom instantly! (2 taps means Like)
On GIF page, swipe right to go back to previous page.
★ Featured GIFs
Added Featured category chosen by editors. Get your GIF picked by its creativity, funniness and imaginativeness.
★ Follow more people
Increased following limit to 5000
★ Less Bugs
Fixed a few bugs and crashes
Critical bug fixes and profile page improvements
★ Private Messaging
Send messages and gifs to friends via our in-app messaging. It's simple, fast and fun!
Add your gifs to channels such as LOL, Artistic, Paranormal, Celebs, Sports and Photo Booth. More channels coming soon!
★ Loop Mode
In addition to making the GIF move forward or backward, we added a Loop Mode so GIFs can move back and fourth, like a yo-yo.
★ Top Users
Browse our top users and try to climb the ranks!
★ New Design
We revamped our design to feature a smoother, brighter and better look!
Introduce the first ever Animated Text GIF feature which makes your text animated. Amaze your friends on Text Messaging and Social Network by showing them that your text can move!
Instead of making endless screenshots while you're typing, Animated Text feature is simpler and faster. Open your camera in GifBoom app, Select the 'txt' button and start typing just like usual. Press 'Snap' button when you are ready to take a frame. Take up to 30 frames. In the preview stage, you can pick a different background, frame, font and color. There're endless ways of customizing how your text look and making them fun & surprising.
Even more, you can pick your own photo from Album or Instagram as the background. It's like a Text Gram becoming live!
Make your text live through Animated Text GIF. Tap the 'iMessage' button to send one to your friends today!
★ iOS 6 and iPhone 5 Compatible
★ Frame by frame extraction from video to gif
★ Showing more than 50 comments
★ Share to Facebook pages
★ Share published gifs to tumblr
★ Verified accounts support - brands can add verified status
★ Improving gif quality
- Fixed flipping when using front camera
- Fixed onion skin
- Minor stability fixes
- Brought back the fast camera snapping
- A better flagging and reporting system
- Much more stable
- Fixed upside down photos captured with front camera
- Fixed occasional crashes
- Upon popular request, we've increased maximum number of frames to 30!
- Make gifs directly from facebook photos. Now besides importing photos from camera roll, you can browse and import facebook photos. Tap the album icon in camera view to start.
- Turn on/off facebook timeline sharing. Simply go to sharing settings to configure facebook timeline settings if you are connected to facebook.
- Fixed blurry, choppy gifs and enhanced quality of camera capture.
- Fixed grid on camera view
- No more comments being cut off
- Uploads now faster than ever!
★ Introducing Overshoot mode: Open Camera -> Settings -> Turn on Overshoot will allow you to shoot 10 more
photos than the maximum (so it'll be up to 30 photos now) and so you can choose the best 20 for your GIF.
★ Fixed the bug where reboom missed entered text.
★ Added a new filter (Rio)
★ Fixed crashing issues when opening app and other stability improvements.
- iPod 3rd Generation can make and post GIFs now
- On user profile page, you can see whether the user is following you.
- Fixed camera zooming issue
- Improved Filters
- Added new Filters (Sydney) and new Frames (Stamp, Black Arc)
- Stability improvements
★ Fixed "Loading" blank page when importing photos/videos
★ Fixed Photo squishness and ill-proportions when imported
★ Photo picker now will still remember picked photos when backed out of preview
★ Fixed occasional missing GIF caption and comment texts
★ Set Camera Timer default to OFF
★ Remember Camera Speed settings
★ Fixed captions got removed when connecting with social networks during publishing
★ You can cancel publishing directly from publish page by sliding up the page and tapping cancel button.
★ Stability and Speed improvement
Note: since 3.0 your GIFs are automatically saved to Gallery before publishing, so you can just cancel out publishing if not wanted.
- Fixed occasional timeout issues when launching GifBoom
- If there's background music, it will continue playing when using GifBoom
- Options to turn off timer (use settings/gear button in camera view. Once it's set, it'll remember your setting next time.)
- Stability and Speed fixes.
- Stability and Speed improvement.
- Double tap a GIF to like
- Autocomplete for username when commenting. Type '@' and we will provide suggestions for usernames. (This works after the comments have already been downloaded)
- Added a camera timer. Automatic shooting starts 5 seconds after pressing the camera button. We'll add a setting to turn it off later.
- Copy to Clipboard for MMS should work now.
- Login with Facebook/Twitter.
GifBoom 3.0 Is Here! Faster, Prettier and Better. If you liked GifBoom, you'll love it now! We have revamped our Look and Feel, added tons of new features and made it smaller and faster.
★ New look & feel
We have improved our graphics to a streamlined, modern look, with the same ease of use you have experienced before so you will not feel strange but will feel more pleased to use GifBoom.
★ Import GIFs
Do you have some GIFs saved on your computer or your website? For the first time you are able to import them directly into GifBoom! Simply send/save/sync them to your Camera Roll and we will do the rest.
★ Add Text to Your GIFs
Now you can add free text to your GIFs. You can choose different types of fonts, sizes, colors and you can scale, rotate and move them as freely as you want. It's simple but powerful.
★ Real time Filters & Frames
We completely revamped our filters and frames. Finally you have some best effects available to pimp up your GIFs. Better than that, all these filters are real time so you don't have to wait to see how they look.
★ Flip your GIFs
Besides rotate left and right, we added flipping as well so you can make sure your GIFs look right.
★ See who liked your GIFs
A long time asked feature, we finally enable you to see all likers for your GIFs. Not only that, we also automatically show the first five likers on a GIF. Think about that as a special award to your most enthusiastic fans. We hope the feature is worth the wait but you can tell us if it is or not.
★ See the original GIF on reboomed GIFs
Have you ever wanted to see what the original GIF is when you see a reboomed GIF in your feed? Now when you view the reboomed gif, there is a small snippet from the original GIF and you can tap the original author's name or see exactly how many likes/comments the original has got. Tapping on that you will be able to view the original as well. Talk about giving the original creator some credit he/she deserves!
★ See more than 100 followers/followings etc.
Before you can only see up to 100 followers/followings. Now we have infinite scroll so you can take a look at them all. Never miss one person behind!
★ Onion Skins
We improved our onion skins in the Manual mode. It's more precise than ever.
★ Edit Username
Lots of users wanted to change their username but had to email us. It took a couple of hours but admittedly a long process in GifBoom. So we made it available that you can change it yourself in "Edit Profile" section.
★ New Icon
Last but not least, we gave our icon a slight artistic touch. We hope you enjoy it as much as the app itself!
We also made the app much faster and snappier than before. More than that, your GIFs will automatically be saved to GIF Gallery before publishing so you can always view them later on your phone.
Thank you for your awesome support. We'll unleash even more exciting things soon.
Stability bug fixes. We're sorry about the crashes. The good news is it's almost over. We will have much more exciting updates coming soon.
Note: please don't upgrade if your current version is stable. Another update is coming soon.
- Must faster to launch camera
- Fixed major crashing issues.
- Stability fix. Reduced many possible crashes.
- We're working super hard to work out the kinks with app crashes. If you continue to see any more, please send us
an email email@example.com directly so we can respond immediately.
- Fixed problems with GIF image sequence
- Go to "Settings" tab and now you can see all GIFs you have liked.
- Edit your birthday info. Birthday is private, only your age may be shown.
- Added alert when accessing your Address book for searching.
- As you asked, we're separating news into "Following" & "You" sections! "You" tab will only show news
directly relevant to you.
- More improvements on stability.
- fixed crashes when importing long video
- fixed crashes when loading camera roll with many photos
- fixed crashes when saving GIF to camera roll under iOS 4.0
- fixed many instability and usability bugs
- fixed GIF speed too fast
- cannot connect with Tumblr? Added hint to use email instead of username.
- added reset password link
- added function to edit email address in Advanced Settings
- added Tell a Friend link. Simply tap to send GifBoom to your friends!
Thank you very much for your feedbacks, you are awesome!
- Fixed crashes when loading photos from camera roll under iOS 4.x
- Fixed uploading profile images.
Fixed a critical bug in Posting for iOS 4
- Edit Profile info. Add your name, location, website & bio from the app to get more followings
- Much clearer profile pics
- Faster twitter login
- Many stability & bug fixes