Discover and share books you love on Goodreads, the world's largest site for readers and book recommendations!
Find new and interesting books by browsing personalized recommendations based on books you've read and your favorite genres. See what your friends are reading, write book reviews, and keep track of what you want to read.
Use our barcode scanner the next time you are in a bookstore. Add the book in your hands to your "to-read" shelf and browse reviews before buying.
More than 20 million members have added more than 570 million books to their shelves. No other app combines the power and depth of the Goodreads community with an enormous catalog of books and reviews.
• Get personalized recommendations and discover new books based on your tastes.
• Barcode scanner!
• Keep a want-to-read list.
• See book reviews and updates from your friends.
• Discover new books and explore popular book lists.
• Read ebooks! We have more than 2,000 public domain books, completely free.
• Rate and review any book in our catalog of more than 12 million books.
• Share notes and progress updates as you read.
• Recommend books to friends.
• Join online book clubs and connect with other readers.
• View literary events near you.
- discover new books by browsing your own personalized recommendations based on books you've read and your
- updated the app for iOS 7
- improved speed of barcode scanner
- fixed cut-off problems in user profile pictures
- now using encryption in all network operations for improved security
- You can now create exclusive shelves
- Added native pages for reading status updates and user recommendation
- You can now tag friends and add a custom message when you share a book on Facebook
- Fixed book look-up from Facebook when signed out
☂ Fixed crash happening on iOS 5 while adding scanned books to your shelves.
☂ Fixed a crash in the Events page.
★ Barcode scanner: add scanned books to any shelf.
★ Barcode scanner: allow users to shelve books even if the scanned books list fails to load.
★ Added buttons to explicitly share your ratings, reviews, progress updates, reviews likes and user status likes on Facebook.
☂ Fixed crash while changing profile picture.
☂ Fixed crashes in groups search.
☂ Fixed crash for messages with empty body.
☂ Fixed crash while accessing address book.
☂ Fixed crash happening occasionally in shelf picker.
☂ Fixed crash in Events page.
☂ Fixed a bug where comments on User Status pages were not displayed after submission.
★ Messages: manage your Goodreads inbox
★ Delete messages via left-to-right gesture
★ Search and join new groups
★ Follow/unfollow users
★ Improved Facebook integration using native iOS 6 account management
☂ Removed "I highly recommend this book" text when sharing book on Facebook
☂ Fixed crash that occurred after returning from group folder view
☂ Other bug fixes
- Recommend books to your friends!
- Share your books on Facebook, Twitter, via text message or email.
- Added the ability to "approve" or "ignore" friend requests.
- Improved performance when adding large numbers of scanned books to your shelves.
- Improved home screen layout on iPhone 5.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some iPad users from typing into search boxes.
- Fixed a bug that prevented you from adding friends from your phone's Contact List on iOS6.
- Fixed a bug that was causing an unexpected sign out (401 error).
- Additional fixes for crashes that occur while downloading content from the Internet.
- Push notifications! Get notified on your mobile device with the latest activity on Goodreads.
- Added support for full iPhone 5 screen.
- Improved iOS 6 compatibility.
- Fixed a crash on iPad when opening the "Find Friends" pop-up.
- Fixed display bugs for foreign characters in book and user descriptions.
- New and improved way to add your Facebook friends as Goodreads friends.
- New feature: Join groups!
- New feature: Become a fan of an author.
- New feature: Mark a book as finished from the progress dialog.
- Adding a progress update on the eBook reader now defaults to percent read.
- Added ability to like a status update.
- Added "Find eBooks" button to eBooks screen.
- The "Scan" button on the home page now immediately launches the barcode scanner.
- More accessibility fixes: In particular, you can now easily rate a book with VoiceOver.
- Fixed bug where long topic comments were being cut off.
- Fixed bug where downloaded eBooks were occasionally removed on sign-out.
- New navigation! Goodreads for iOS now has a home page with all the app's major features accessible via gorgeous
Retina display icons (for iPhone and the new iPad) and more useful tab functions at the bottom of the screen.
- The barcode scanner is now just one tap away--very handy in a bookstore!
- Read ebooks, update your reading progress, and easily access groups, friends, and your profile directly from the home page.
- iPad improvements: We now have eight tabs (instead of five) with easy access to groups, ebooks, the barcode scanner, and more.
- Improved functionality when signed-out: you can easily scan, read ebooks, and explore.
- Improved Facebook integration: Seamlessly open any book pages you see linked on Facebook.
- Added ability to read and comment on user status updates.
- Fixed a time-out error for profile picture updates.
- Fixed display problems for group topics, such as comments being cut off and HTML code being displayed.
- Improved scanning speeds on iPod Touch devices.
- Some improvements toward making the app more accessible via Voice Over.
- Events page is now able to determine your current ZIP code.
- Fixed crash related to loading the address book friends page.
- Many other bug fixes related to occasional crashes.
- Added Explore Books at Random feature.
- Improved performance.
- Now displaying moderators in Groups pages.
- Fixed a few display errors in Group and Group topic pages.
- Progress update now defaults to % if reading an eBook edition.
- Fixed a bug where the Resume Reading button was not disappearing even after reaching the last page of an eBook.
- Fixed many crashes in the eBook reader, as well as in My Books, book, review, author and user pages.
- Removed rendering artifacts in book and review pages happening under low memory conditions.
- Fixed display failures for books with ampersands in their titles.
- Fixed possible crashes and errors trying to update your profile picture on iPads with iOS 5.
- Better error messages in the barcode scanner.
- Fixed ebook display problems happening when zooming on iOS 5
- Many other fixes for iOS 5
- Improved barcode scanner speed
- Barcode scanner now beeps or vibrates after a scan
- Sign in and sign up with Facebook
- Added ability to increase text size
- More prominent access to Groups
- Change your profile picture using camera or photo library
- Spoilers now hidden by default, viewable upon request
- Ability to mark your reviews as spoilers
- Using high resolution icons
- Barcode scanner fixes
- Many fixes for occasional crashes
- iPad support! The app now takes advantage of the bigger screen of the iPad.
- Barcode scanner improvements: the reliability and memory issues have been fixed, and the scanner is no longer force-closed.
- Connect with your Facebook friends!
- Fixed sorting issues on a given shelf
- Many other bug fixes
Many bug fixes
- Fixed a crash happening on iOS 3 systems.
- Added the ability to create a group topic.
- Added ability to add all scanned books to your read and to-read shelves, as well as a way to clear your scanned book list.
- Groups functionality. You can browse your groups or view other users' groups under user's profile pages. You can
see all discussions, folders, unread virtual folder, and group topics with unread counts.
- Topics functionality. Ability to browse Groups and Updates topics, and any topic you see from the web view. You can also comment on a topic.
- Many bug fixes.
- Barcode Scanner! Scan your own books and add them to Goodreads, or quickly check out reviews if you are in a
bookstore. Available under My Books.
- Italian localization.
- Invite friends from Address Book as well as by email.
- Save quotes while reading ebooks, via tap and hold (iOS 4 only).
- Bug fix for crash related to missing profile picture.
- You can now sort your book lists by many more options
- Set bookmarks on your eBook
- Improved page layout for eBooks
* "Read Now" button would sometimes not appear on the book page.
* Fixed rare crash when exiting the app on the events page.
* Fixed a problem with reading some eBooks
* New "Friend Finder" feature lets you search your contacts for Goodreads friends, if you chose.
Now with a built-in eReader - you can read eBooks right from within the app!
On book pages that have a corresponding eBook, you will see a "read now" or "buy eBook" button that allows you to download a book from the Goodreads web site and read it directly from within the app.
You can find eBooks under the "Explore" tab. There is also a new special shelf called "my-ebooks" that lists all books downloaded onto your device.
* supports iOS4.
* Progress Editor saves your work if a phone call comes in.
* More kinds of statuses from your friends.
* Status updates support percent read as well as page number. Also shows total number of pages.
* New settings page filter: "Top friends and following". Also, after a settings page change, the updates page is reloaded.
* Shelf names can contain non-ascii characters.
* Many crash bugs fixed.
1. New form on the homepage to update what page you are on.
2. Post a general update.
3. Search your own book shelves.
4. You can now "Like" a review.
5. Set the start and finished date in your book review.
6. Create a new shelf.
7. Sort books on your shelf by "date read".
8. Public domain books now link to the Goodreads epub reader in Safari.
9. Remove a book from all of your shelves.
10. Improved "Voice Over" support for disabled users.
11. Fixed bugs with shelves that have only numbers in their names (e.g. 2010).
1."My Books" no longer shows your list twice after a sort by title, date added, etc.
2. "More Shelves" was showing the wrong user's shelves
3. No longer crashes after submitting your review.
4. Fixed crash on start up.
5. More information about Goodreads for new users.
6. Editable text fields now scroll into place if they are off screen
7. Some users had problems logging in - now fixed.
1) If a page has an error, you can now hit a reload button to try again.
2) If you don't have an account yet, or haven't set up friends, you can now see recent reviews from the entire Goodreads community.
3) While composing your update, we now show a count of how many characters you are allowed to type.
4) If you don't have a network connection, "My Books" can now show the last shelf page that you viewed.
5) If a review blurb is truncated, we now end it with ellipses
6) The Settings page now provides links to help and support.