Break through language barriers with Google Translate.
• Translate 90 languages
• Converse naturally and let Google translate
• Translate with your voice, camera, keyboard or handwriting
• Star your favorite translations for quick access even when you’re offline
• View dictionary results for single words or phrases
Translations between the following languages are supported:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chichewa, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Myanmar (Burmese), Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Sesotho, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Sundanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zulu
Novosibirsk Metro image by Wikipedia user Sskz, used per the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license, https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/.
• Word Lens: Just point your camera to a sign or text and the Translate app will instantly translate the text,
even without Internet/data connection. Currently available in: English ↔ French, English ↔ German, English ↔ Italian,
English ↔ Portuguese, English ↔ Russian, English ↔ Spanish.
• Camera Mode: Snap a photo, highlight the text, and get a translation. Currently available in 36 languages.
• Automatic language detection in speech/conversation mode - start translating with speech input and Translate will recognize which of the two languages is being spoken, allowing you to have a more fluid conversation with another person.
• Fixed an issue with the status bar text color.
• Stability fixes.
• Handwriting input for more languages: Bosnian, Cebuano, Hmong, Kannada, Somali, Tamil
• Native iOS 7 support: new keyboard and status bar
• Handwriting input for more languages: Arabic, Esperanto, Gujarati, Hebrew, Javanese, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Persian, Punjabi, Telugu, Zulu
More control over handwriting input. You can disable automatic confirmation for handwriting in settings.
Say goodbye to many pesky bugs and crashes!
• Translation is now available for 7 new languages: Bosnian, Cebuano, Hmong, Javanese, Khmer, Lao, Marathi
• A sleek and modern user interface
• Handwriting input - write words with your finger to enter text for 49 languages
Tap to copy translation
Added Thai and Slovak text to speech
Added Arabic and Hebrew voice input
Added support for iPad.
• Fixed crash on startup bug affecting devices running iOS 3.1.3
• Added support for 5 new languages: Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu
• Fixed bug that sometimes prevented voice input from working
Fixed crash on startup bug for devices with iOS 3.2 or earlier
Added voice input support for Malaysian and Indonesian
* Added Detect Language and Latin support
* Added ability to select dialect for English, Chinese, and Spanish voice input in Settings
* Fixed crash on startup bug, plus minor bug fixes
Improved text input behaviour.