With Group SMS you can send an SMS text message to a group of contacts. Group SMS is the perfect app to send your Christmas and New Year greetings to your loved ones and friends.
These groups can be small or very large (Bulk SMS) and send to tens, hundreds or thousands of contacts. You can also send email to groups. Group SMS is ideal when you need to send the same message to any number of contacts.
This new version 3.0 fixes an important bug (some reviews refer to this bug). iCloud users can now easily create groups. The iOS 7.0.3 update also fixes the issues Group SMS had on iOS 7.
Group SMS will show you the groups that are already defined in the Contacts app of your iPhone. It also allows you to create new groups as well as modify your existing groups and contacts.
Using the built-in Templates feature, you can reuse often-used text messages or emails that you need to send to groups.
Group SMS will send the SMS using the built-in Messages app OR you can use the special SMS gateway of Group SMS.
The costs of the SMSs will be charged by your mobile operator or you can buy SMS from within the app itself. If a group contains 12 contacts, you will be charged 12 SMS.
When you have a very large group (more than 50 contacts), you can choose to bypass your own mobile provider and select to use the SMS gateway of Group SMS instead. This will allow you to send your Group SMS with less cost and with more control. This feature is also ideal for marketing campaigns. You can import a large set of numbers via a .CSV file.
Group Mail is always without costs. You can also forward email attachments to groups.
√ Text message a group (SMS)
√ Text message very large groups (Bulk SMS)
√ Email a group and forward email attachments to groups
√ Text message to a CSV file of mobile numbers
√ Create groups
√ Delete groups
√ Rename groups
√ Add contact to group
√ Delete contact from group
√ Edit contact information
√ Supports your built-in contacts and groups
√ Supports your iCloud contacts and groups
√ Uses built-in Messages app
√ Replies are received in Messages
√ Uses built-in Mail app
√ Forward attachments of any type
√ Built-in video tutorials
Group SMS requires iOS 4 or higher and is localized in English, German, French, Italian, Spanish and Dutch.
Video tutorials are available on the web site (see link below) and in the app itself.
"Works Perfectly" - USA
"This app does what it says it can, and does it very well." - United Kingdom
"WELTKLASSE. Sehr gutes App!" - Germany
"Kanon app!" - Sweden
"Great app! Creates groups easily to SMS/ email to." - Singapore
"Warum geht das nicht schon immer so toll." - Austria
"This is an awesome app. I text more than I call and text to groups all the time. "- Australia
"Actually, the best application on apple store. Thanks for this great application. " - Saudi Arabia
Please refrain from sending bug reports and feature requests as customer reviews in the App Store. Instead email them to our support address : email@example.com. You will always get a personal reply!
NOTE - iOS 7
The iOS 7.0.3 update fixes the issues Group SMS had on iOS 7.
NOTE - iOS 5/6
On iOS 5/6, turn OFF the following preferences : iMessage, Group Messaging and also MMS. Launch the Settings app and select Messages to change these preferences. See also the FAQ on the web site (see link below).
- iOS 7 improvements
- adapted to iOS 7 user interface
- on iOS 7 the message text is now again appearing
- hopefully fixes issues on iOS 7
- the iOS 7.0.3 update also fixes the issues
- bug fixes
- fixes bugs
- new robust CSV importer
- improves working with Linked Contacts (Facebook)
- new tutorial videos
- integrates contact data from linked contacts
- integrates contact data from Facebook contacts
- fixes the Cannot Create Group error
- essential update
- bug fixes
- adds a workaround for a problem in iOS 6 where iOS 6 converts .csv files in .xls files
- fixes bug in the video tutorials
- support for iPhone 5
- improved compatibility with iOS 6
- improved import of CSV data
- improved and relaxed CSV import
- Quick Look of CSV import
- improved forwarding of email attachments
- templates have SMS and Unicode indicators
- fixes bug in import of CSV data
- modified enter group name dialog on iOS 5
- new Info button on startup screen
- import of CSV data (large lists of mobile numbers)
- you can now use the built-in SMS gateway of the app with lower prices
- send to groups of hundreds or thousands of contacts
- bulk sms
- fixes a crashing bug
- support for the Pager label
- You can now configure the settings in the app itself
- You can now add your own cell phone labels
- minor user interface improvements
- forward email attachments to groups
- fixes crashes in the Templates feature
- the Templates editor now correctly scrolls
- added Landscape orientation mode to Templates editor
- added Tell a Friend in the Help section
- improved support for Exchange accounts
- improved support for iOS 4.2
- French localization
- Italian localization
- renaming of group names
- editing the contact's data
- added Spanish localization
Compatibility with Microsoft Exchange accounts
Compatibility with Google Contacts
Built-in Instructional Videos
German and Dutch translations added
You can now create groups, add contacts to groups and delete contacts from groups.
Furthermore, Group Mail also has been added.