The iTunes U app gives you access to complete courses from leading universities and other schools — plus the world’s largest digital catalog of free education content — right on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. Whether you’re majoring in molecular biology at a university, taking Spanish in high school, or just interested in European history, you now have a valuable tool to help you learn anytime, anywhere.
Free courses in a wide array of subjects
• Take free courses created and taught by instructors from leading universities and other schools
• See all assignments and updates from the instructor in one place, and check off assignments as you complete them
• Take notes and highlight text in iBooks and see them consolidated for easy reviewing in the iTunes U app
• Take course notes in class, or while playing audio or video lectures inside of iTunes U
• Access course materials, including audio, video, books, documents & presentations, apps, and iBooks textbooks
• Share your favorite courses with friends using Twitter, Facebook, Mail, and Messages
The world’s largest catalog of free education content
• Choose from more than 750,000 free lectures, videos, books, and other resources on thousands of subjects from Algebra to Zoology
• Browse collections from education and cultural institutions in 30 countries — including Stanford, Yale, MIT, Oxford, LaTrobe University, University of Tokyo, MoMA, the New York Public Library, and the Library of Congress
• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 7 or later
• An Apple ID set up for use on the iTunes Store
• iTunes 10.5.2 or later is required to sync with a computer
• The selection of courses, collections, and availability of content linked from within a course may vary by country
This version of iTunes U resolves an issue where the playback speed button may not work as expected.
This version of iTunes U has been updated for iOS 7 with an all-new look and feel.
This update to iTunes U:
• Checks for course updates when you pull to refresh the notepad
• Resolves an issue that may prevent courses from updating
• Fixes a problem where iTunes U may unexpectedly quit when opening the Catalog repeatedly
• Improves support for Arabic, French, German, Greek, Italian, Russian, and Spanish
iTunes U 1.3 adds support for iOS 6. This version also provides:
• A new single day view to see all of your posts and assignments due on a particular day.
• Addresses an issue which prevented Closed Captioning from appearing when available.
iTunes U 1.2 now makes it easy to take notes while watching or listening to a lecture. This update also adds the
ability to search within posts, assignments, notes, and materials — from any of your subscribed courses — using the
improved Search feature in iTunes U. It is also now simple to share your favorite courses with friends using Twitter,
Mail, and Messages.
iTunes U 1.1.1 addresses an issue which may cause it to unexpectedly quit when launched from another app.
iTunes U 1.1 is now designed for the spectacular Retina display on the all new iPad. This version also includes a number of performance improvements.