JotNot Pro | scan multipage documents to PDF
JotNot is the original and premier multi-page document scanner for the iPhone.
"I’ve found that if you take the picture carefully, JotNot can capture a document as well as a fax machine can. And,
of course, it’s much easier to carry around."
- The New York Times
"I am amazed at how readable the processed images are."
- MacWorld UK / The Industry Standard
"The application works perfectly for casually taking photographs of your documents to ensure that you don’t lose
them, and is one that I’ll probably wind up using pretty frequently."
+ JotNot can save anything
Use JotNot to scan and save documents, receipts, whiteboards, business cards, notes, recipes, photographs, billboards, posters, books, art--almost anything you can take a picture of.
+ Enterprise level document scanning
JotNot can batch scan multiple pages of a document dramatically speeding up your workflow. JotNot can add, delete, or reorder pages or even move them across documents. For sensitive information JotNot can password protect your PDFs.
+ Faxing to US numbers
Fax to US numbers for $0.99 for up to 5 pgs. We charge per fax because we incur a cost per minute of fax transmit time just like any other long distance call. In our testing "free" Internet fax services/servers are not always reliable.
+ Adjust file size
JotNot gives you the ability to control the file size of your scans. Need smaller files? Just adjust the file size under settings.
+ Save and share with JotNot
JotNot has built-in support to save or share your documents by email, iDisk/WebDAV, Evernote, Dropbox, Google Docs with OCR, and Box.net.
+ Tag, search, and sort documents
Find documents quickly by tagging documents and searching by tag or name. Sort documents by name or date. Rename or delete documents to stay organized.
+ PDF preview
View PDF documents exactly as they appear on a computer. Export them to other iOS apps (such as iBooks) or print them through AirPrint.
+ Standard and custom page sizes
JotNot automatically detects standard page sizes like Letter, A4, or Legal for standard documents. JotNot also supports custom page sizes for receipts.
+ Proprietary image processing
JotNot automatically detects edges and processes images to remove shadows, correct contrast, and adjust white balance, so that scans come out looking as crisp and clear as possible every time.
All the processing happens on your iPhone so confidential data remains under your control. JotNot works forever, there's no subscription fee, and you don't need Internet access to scan documents.
See our Youtube channel for product demonstrations:
JotNot has many additional features including:
+ A simple, easy to use interface
+ Camera stabilization
+ Quick capture “Single Page Mode”
+ Automated backup of scans
+ Ability to email PDFs, PNGs, and JPEGs
+ Presets for receipts, documents, and more
+ Ability to save to the Photo Library
+ Ability to import from the Photo Library
+ An extensive help (under Settings / Help)
Tips to get the best quality scans:
● Keep the document flat and well lit
● Use a preset mode when possible (e.g. receipt)
● For faint text try maxing out the contrast
● Try to use image stabilization if possible
● For the 3GS or iPhone 4, wait for the autofocus
We would love your suggestions. Please take our survey at http://blog.jotnot.com to help us decide on what to add next.
Please contact JotNot customer service at email@example.com to try to resolve any problems before submitting feedback. Most problems can be solved easily, but we cannot help you solve your problem from the comments.
Version 4.3.2 (Nov 07, 2014)
- Fixed popover display issue in the scan controller.
- Fixed issue saving to photo library.
Version 4.3.1 (Nov 04, 2014)
- Fixed popover menu display issue
- Fixed issue saving to photo library
Version 4.3.0 (Oct 29, 2014)
- Updated for iOS8
Version 4.2.0 (Jun 25, 2014)
- New Box authentication
- New Google Drive integration
- Improved stability when renaming files
- PDF Rendering in OneNote
Version 4.1.6 (May 22, 2014)
- Fax credit bundles
Version 4.1.5 (May 15, 2014)
- OneNote integration
Version 4.1.2 (Mar 27, 2014)
- Updated application name
Version 4.1.1 (Nov 08, 2013)
* Batch scanning: Improved scanning workflow. Take multiple pictures and process all at once.
* Share multiple files: Tap select from the main document view, select all the files you want, and choose a sharing option. JotNot will put all this files into a single zip file that you can email or upload to the cloud. This a replacement for the Backup to Zip Archive feature in older versions of JotNot.
* Rotate speed improvements for iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S.
* Fixed bug related to images not saving properly (duplicate copies, blank images)
* Fixed sort segmented control logic so that the app remembers state properly
* Improvements to the camera interface to help users capture high quality images.
Version 4.0.8 (Oct 30, 2013)
- Performance optimizations
- Portrait and landscape orientation support
- Fix delete bug for legacy files
- Other bug fixes
Version 4.0.7 (Oct 16, 2013)
- Image pipeline improvements
- Modications to migration process
- Bug fixes
Version 4.0.6 (Oct 09, 2013)
- Imaging pipeline improvements
- Upload to Google Docs with OCR
- Fixed crash in Enhancement Options menu
- Stability improvements to camera interface
- Tap camera button twice to override stabilization.
Version 4.0.5 (Oct 03, 2013)
- Rename file prompt on first close
- Move stabilization button to settings.
- Add Color Document Option
- Move camera button to the side on iPad
- Enhance button for reprocessing images
- Rotate option from Photo Detail View
- Fixed Magnifier bug
- Improved drop down buttons for devices running iOS 6
- Improved Camera Controls
- Fixed PDF page size bug
Version 4.0.4 (Oct 01, 2013)
- Fixed date sorting.
- Fixed upload JPEG.
- Improvement to UI for iOS7
- Cloud icon
- Tap and hold to delete.
- Switch to disable stabilization
- Default PDF on Evernote upload
- Group directories at top for cloud sharing menu
- Fix rename bug
- Tap Date/Name twice to toggle sort order.
- Fixed Evernote notebook sort order
- Added processing options menu to settings.
- Improvements to fax
Version 4.0.3 (Sep 24, 2013)
- Reprocess original images
- Enhancement options for whiteboard, blackboard, off
- Fix for PDF rendering issue
Version 4.0.2 (Sep 20, 2013)
- iOS 7 support
- New User Interface
- bug fixes
Version 3.3.2 (Nov 08, 2012)
- Fixed orientation issues on iPad
- Fixed toolbar in Single Page Mode
Version 3.3.0 (Oct 31, 2012)
- Updated for iOS 6
- Supports new screen size on iPhone 5
- Improved stability on iPad
- Uses OAuth authentication with Evernote and Dropbox for enhanced security
Version 3.2.7 (Jul 19, 2012)
- Fixed crashing issue when importing from Photo Library on iPad.
Version 3.2.6 (Jul 17, 2012)
- Added iPad support
- Fixed WebDAV bug
Version 3.2.4 (Dec 22, 2011)
- Fixed crashing issue on startup
- Fixed display issue in main document list view
- Fixed port number and ssl validate switch issue in WebDAV
- Fixed document name issue when using the Open In.. feature
Version 3.2.2 (Dec 17, 2011)
- Now supports multiple accounts for each cloud service
- Application password protection
- Fixes page display issue
- Fixes migration crash
- Fixes Evernote login issue
Version 3.2.1 (Dec 12, 2011)
READ BEFORE UPDATING
If you already have JotNot, please do not install this update as it contains a bug that may cause your version of JotNot to crash. This does not affect new installs.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are working hard on fixing this bug and will get it to you shortly.
- the JotNot Team
Version 3.2 (Oct 11, 2011)
- Storage optimizations for iCloud backup
Version 3.1 (Jun 27, 2011)
- security fix
- webdav enhancements
- file rename bug fix
Version 3.0.2 (Feb 17, 2011)
✓ Scan and process images in batches
✓ Backup scans to your computer from iTunes
✓ Open scanned PDFs in other compatible iOS apps
✓ Tag documents with any word you want
✓ Search based on name and tags
✓ Move/copy pages between documents
✓ Set custom paper sizes (useful for receipt scanning)
✓ Password protect PDF files
✓ New look and feel (swipe cells for options)
✓ Bug Fixes
Version 2.5.1 (Oct 05, 2010)
- Bug fixes
Version 2.5.0 (Sep 06, 2010)
- Retina Display
- Faxing to US fax numbers for $0.99 per 5 pages
- Bug Fixes
* We charge per fax because JotNot sends faxes via external fax servers and we incur a cost per minute of fax transmit time (just like any other long distance call). In our testing "free" Internet fax services/servers are not always reliable.
Version 2.4.1 (Jun 02, 2010)
- Updated Dropbox
- Bug Fixes
Version 2.3.0 (May 10, 2010)
- Ability to sort documents
- Bug fixes
Version 2.2.2 (Feb 11, 2010)
- bug fixes
Version 2.2 (Feb 09, 2010)
- Dropbox Integration
- Rotate Image Feature
- Quick Capture (Single Page Mode)
- Bug Fixes
Version 2.1 (Dec 15, 2009)
- Google Docs integration
- Box.net integration
- bug fixes
Version 2.0.1 (Dec 04, 2009)
- critical bug fix: import existing PDFs from version 1.3
Version 2.0 (Nov 25, 2009)
- Multipage support
- Automatic edge detect
- WebDAV/iDisk support
- Image stabilization
- New enhancement algorithm
- Backup to zip archive
- New UI
Version v1.3 (Aug 27, 2009)
• Evernote integration (send notes directly to your Evernote account)
• Faster smaller PDF creation
• Automatic paper size detection
• Easier, more intuitive UI
• Turn off zoom when selecting
• Date only timestamp formatting
Version 1.2 (Aug 07, 2009)
* PDF creation
* In-app email (JPEG, PDF, or PNG attachments)
* Ability to reprocess the same image
* Access to processing options from "Select Area" screen
* WiFi support (to download PDFs)
* Color invert option (for light text on dark backgrounds)
* Selection corner labels (for rotating)
* Brand new user interface
* Slightly faster processing
* Larger click area for settings button
Version 1.1 (Apr 05, 2009)
* Settings (click the info button)
* Black and white mode
* Contrast control
* Faster processing
* Timestamp option
* Save original option
* Disable enhancement option
* Improved UI (new selector and scroll-view)
* Reduced memory footprint