Specifically requested by a junior high math teacher, Math Wizards is a math game designed to improve your basic math skills... but don't let its simplicity fool you!
* In Beginner mode, smaller numbers are used and the calculations display themselves as you work from left to right, making it easy to check your progress and visually see what might come next.
* In Intermediate mode, smaller numbers are still used, but calculations are no longer shown, forcing you to do all the math in your head!
* Advanced mode builds on the Intermediate mode by increasing the size of the available numbers.
* Head-to-head competition via bluetooth peer-to-peer connections! Connect with friends and play against each other in real-time!
Scores in several game categories are tracked locally for competition between siblings, family members, or friends. In addition scores are submitted to our game servers and the top 50 scores worldwide can be displayed, along with the total number of users and your rank among them!
A thought provoking soundtrack keeps the math-centered parts of your brain working while you work through each level and, while there are frequently multiple ways to solve each problem, if you get stuck, you can always press the "Solve" button to see one way you might have done it.
**** Think I can do something better? Would a slightly different or new capability motivate you to give me a higher rating or a positive review? Please email me! I'm always open to suggestions and new ideas! ****
Version 1.3 (Apr 07, 2010)
* Added a "Clear" button to quickly remove the currently selected numbers/operators.
Version 1.2 (Mar 01, 2010)
* Fixed bug in the game where tapping on blank number spaces causes future numbers to disappear and force the hand to become unplayable.
* Reduced volume of "chime" soundtrack to be closer in level to other soundtracks.
Version 1.1 (Feb 25, 2010)
* Added peer-to-peer network play. Players can now connect to other local players using two devices via bluetooth. Network mode enables head-to-head real-time competition to see who can solve the puzzle first! (Note: Requires bluetooth to be enabled on both devices)
* Added location awareness for user scores. The world leader board now shows the state and country of the top players, when location is available.
* Added ability to change volume levels for sound effects and music.
* Added confirmation during game play for all actions that would quit an active game.
* Rearranged game buttons a bit to provide for less confusing game play.
* Updated personal ranking display in world scores view to load more efficiently and prevent crashes.