Do you wish meal and grocery planning could be made easier? This app makes it quick and easy!
• Store your recipes
• Create weekly meal plans
• Generate your grocery list
• Keep track of what you have in your pantry!
MealBoard combines recipe management, meal planning, groceries and pantry management into a single app. It is fully customizable. You can manage your recipes, ingredients, food categories, meal types, stores, store aisles, grocery items and many more with its clean, uncluttered interface. Meal and grocery planning will never be easier. With MealBoard, a few taps is all it takes!
• Input your favorite recipes, or import recipes from top recipe websites
• Create meal plans organized by day and meal type
• Reuse meal plans by creating templates
• Generate your grocery list based on the meal plan you created
• Scale grocery quantities by specifying the number of servings you need
• Option to show grocery prices, and total price, for budget-conscious users!
• Shopping list functionality lets you check off grocery items as you shop
• Support for multiple grocery stores
• Keep track of what you have in your pantry
• Use the barcode scanner to input items
• Integrated shopping list and pantry operations. Move your out-of-stock items from the pantry to the shopping list, and move them back to the pantry after you shop!
• Assign recipes to multiple categories
• Search recipes by name or ingredient
• Set up recipe prep notifications to remind you of tasks ahead of time
• Attach a note to a meal
• Easily move meals to another day
• Mark meals as leftovers
• Scale recipe ingredients
• Email recipes, meal plan and shopping list
• Import recipes sent by other MealBoard users
• Print your meal plan and shopping list to an AirPrint-compatible printer
• 4 color themes to choose from
• Clean, uncluttered interface
• Free cloud sync feature that lets you backup your data online
• Sync data between multiple devices
• Input your recipes through the web interface (log in at www.mealboard.com)
• Always have your recipes with you
• By planning your meals, no need to ask yourself what's for dinner!
• Save time by generating your groceries
• Save money by cooking at home
• Eat healthy!
To understand how the app works, a detailed screenshot tutorial can be found at
FAQ and help can be found at
NOTE to New Users: You can import recipes from websites by going to the Recipes section and tapping the import icon located beside the plus icon.
• Barcode scanner for adding items to the pantry
• Search recipes by source
• Press and hold a meal to create a duplicate
• Tag a meal as a leftover
• Bug fixes
• Added more supported sites to import recipes from.
• Added function to print recipes.
• Minor UI changes.
• Performance and memory optimizations.
• Bug fixes.
This is a maintenance release to address a few things:
• Fixed app crashing
• Fixed issues on the recipe import function
• Improved app performance
• Minor UI enhancements
If you are having issues with the app, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Optimized for iOS 7
- Fixed bugs
- Fixed recipe importing, and added a few new supported sites
• Redesigned UI for the iPhone version-- simple, cleaner user interface
• Improved color themes
• Automatic adjustment of pantry quantities as you cook your meals
• Allow fractional quantities in pantry
• Better integration of shopping list and pantry
• Auto-suggest feature when specifying item quantities
• Print your shopping list and meal plans directly from your device
• Improved email formats
• Fixed importing of recipes for a few sites
• Added auto-syncing. Now, you can enable auto-syncing so there's no need to manually sync when sharing account
across multiple devices.
• Fixed recipe import function for some of the websites.
• Fixed start date bug.
• Fixed crashing.
• UI changes.
• When adding recipe ingredients, you can choose from the master list
• Added feature to group ingredients
• Fixed bug that prevented the January 2013 calendar from showing up
• Fixed pantry bugs
• Fixed assorted issues when importing recipes
• Fixed crashing when color theme is changed
• You can now sync from the shopping list screen (iPhone/iPod)
• Added more supported websites to import recipes from
• More accurate recipe importing
• Fixed the calculation of pantry quantities when moving items from the shopping list
• Fixed bug that caused crashing when scrolling through the recipes
• Fixed bug that prevented recipe ingredients from being edited
• Minor UI improvements (iPad)
• Replaced the master list with the pantry. Now, you can keep track of what you have on hand!
• You can also copy items directly from the pantry to the shopping list
• When selecting meals to add to the plan, the recipe photos are shown.
• You can now see when you last used a recipe.
• You can now print the calendar view (iPad only, and requires an AirPrint-compatible printer).
• Fixed the recipe import function which was not working for a few recipe websites.
• Added a new color theme (saddle brown).
• Optimized for the iPhone 5.
• Minor UI improvements.
Version 2.7.4 adds the following:
• Ability to attach a note to a meal
• Scale ingredients of a specific meal
• Quickly add a meal to your plan
• Improved process of adding items to your shopping list
• Minor aesthetic changes
• Fixed bug that caused crashing when searching recipes
• Fixed bug that caused shopping item name to disappear after selecting the aisle or store
Fixed bugs that caused the app to crash.
• Added support for multiple stores. The stores can be set up from the Settings screen.
• Added back the color themes. Now, you can go to the Settings to select the color theme.
• Small UI changes to remove clutter.
• Added built-in recipe import feature. Now, you can import recipes from top recipe websites directly from the
• Moved recipe section from the Settings screen to the main screen (iPhone version).
• Faster cloud sync.
• Bug fixes.
* MealBoard is now a universal app, optimized for the new iPad!
* Added ability to edit master list items.
* Mark grocery items as favorites and filter the master list to show favorite items only.
* User interface changes.
* Removed support for different color themes. As we continue to improve the app, support for different color themes is causing additional development work. Removing it will help us deliver more frequent updates.
* Fixed cloud sync bug.
* Added recipe photos, ratings and a few other recipe fields
* Fixed iOS 5 compatibility
* Fixed bug that caused the app to crash when adding ingredients
* Minor UI changes
* Added import feature in the web interface. Now, you can import recipes from top recipe websites.
- Fixed bug that prevented the app from opening when installed on devices running iPhone OS 3.
- Quick search feature that allows you to quickly search for a recipe
- Search by ingredients
- 4-week meal plans
- New feature to let you mark grocery items having coupons (you will need to enable this feature from the settings)
- Minor UI changes
* New app icon
* New color themes
* UI changes to give the app a more polished look
* Ability to generate up to four weeks' worth of groceries
* Added recipe cooking time field
* Added recipe prep notifications. Now, you can set notifications to remind you of any advance preparation (such as thawing the meat the night before).
* Real cloud sync functionality. The upload and download buttons have been replaced by a single sync button which uploads your changes and downloads web changes (as well as changes you made from other devices) in one single operation. Syncing merges all the changes you make from all your devices and from the website. Now, sharing data is much easier! And the possibility of data getting deleted/overwritten is eliminated.
* Minor Bug fixes
- Before installing this update, it is recommended that you first upload your latest data to the server.
- A few users have reported that they were unable to run the app after installing this latest update (v2.4). This happens if you are running an old iOS version. If you are using a version older than 4.0, you will need to upgrade to the latest iOS version available.
Version 2.3 adds the following:
- Search function for recipes and grocery items
- Number of servings field for recipes. When you sync the meal ingredients with the groceries, the quantities get scaled based on the number of servings you need.
- Recipe sharing (iOS 4.2 needed for this feature). When you email a recipe to another MealBoard user, the recipient can tap the attached file and the recipe gets imported into his/her MealBoard app.
- Today's date indicator
- Bug fix to aggregate null quantities
- Bug fix to include prep field in the recipe email
- Bug fix to retain the ingredients' sort order
- Minor UI enhancements
* Added ingredient prep field where you can put how the ingredient should be prepared (chopped, drained, minced, etc.)
* Redesigned master list screen lets you sort by aisle
* Retina display icon
* Improved email format
* Grocery names need not match exactly to get aggregated (e.g. 'Eggs' and 'egg' get aggregated)
* Option to show grocery prices
* Redesigned recipe view
* Bug fixes
* Color theme improvements
* Optimized for iOS4
* Improved stability
* Improved usability
* Recipes can now be sent as email
* Recipe ingredients are now sortable
* Option to exclude meals in the grocery email
* Cloud sync feature to upload and download data to/from remote server
* Once you have uploaded your data, you may log in at www.mealboard.com, add your recipes using the web interface, and download the recipes to your device
Version 2.1.1 fixes app crashing as reported by some users.
Version 2.1 adds the template feature. Templates give your meal planning a whole new set of possibilities. Now, you can save your favorite meal plan as a template and reuse it. You can even load two or more templates to come up with new meal plans! For example, create breakfast templates, lunch templates and dinner templates and load any combination of these to create a complete meal plan.
If you find yourself adding the same meals to your meal plan every week, then, most likely, a template is what you
Version 2.0 includes the following changes:
- Customizable meal types
- Meal plans are now saved in a calendar, so you can go back to the previous weeks to view what your meal plan was. And you can plan ahead as far as you wish.
- When doing a re-sync, checked groceries will remain checked (previously, it gets unchecked)
- Option to create or edit recipe directly from the recipe screen (eliminates need to go through the settings screen)
- New app icon and color theme
Version 1.3 adds the following features:
* Option to aggregate similar grocery items
* Option to choose start day of the week
* Ability to sync selected days only
* Send meal plan as E-mail
* UI changes to improve usability
Version 1.2 adds the following new features:
* Option to have two-week meal plans
* Option to show dates
* New feature which moves grocery items to the bottom of the grocery list as you check them
* Grocery items may be deleted by swiping
* When generating the grocery list, ingredients from multiple occurrences of a recipe get aggregated into single entries in the list. (Note: same ingredients from *different* recipes do not get aggregated.)
Version 1.1 addresses issues reported by users. This new version includes:
* Renamed labels and buttons to improve intuitiveness
* Improved stability
* Fixed compatibility with the iPod Touch
* New App icon