Montage is a revolutionary way to create art. Place images on an infinite canvas, where they can be edited and moved around. Add text, emoji and use beautiful repeating patterns as a background. No templates, no presets - let your creativity run free!
Top 5 things that make Montage great:
1. Multi-touch gestures are used to move, rotate and scale layers and even the entire canvas
2. Decide how layers are blended together, control opacity and ordering
3. Layers can take any shape, including symbols like letters and numbers
4. Build your own effects from adjustable filters and apply them to layers
5. Render any part of your composition at the size and format of your choice
Other notable features include:
- Add text and use it like any other layer
- Over 200 high quality emoji to choose from
- Double tap to select any layer
- Mix colors and access a huge color library
- Use repeating background patterns
- Document manager with autosave and previews
- Search Google, Flickr, Pixabay and OCAL for images
- Search ColourLovers for background patterns
- Import custom fonts
- Keep track of image sources for attribution
- Built-in contextual and traditional help
- Instagram optimized output format
- Maximum output resolution is 4096x4096
- Supports iOS 7 and 64 bit systems
Contact me if you have a problem or an idea for a new feature! Montage is a 5 year old project of mine, and user feedback has helped shape it in ways I would have never imagined.
- Lock layer rotation
- Improved select layer visualization
- Forward compatibility
- Cosmetic fixes
- Open font files to import them
- List of recently used fonts on top of the font list
- Save presets show their aspect ratio in their name
- Use blocks of text as a shape for your layers
- Improved stability
- 200 pieces of vector emoji were added
- Improved Instagram support
- Fixed canvas rotation in crop mode
- Various other minor fixes
- Images in the Library are ordered latest first
- Edits from the Photos app are imported correctly
- The adjust rotation button is back
- Fixed a few minor stability issues
Montage has been rewritten from scratch for iOS 7. A word of caution: while no features were dropped from the old version, many have been relocated. Please read the help section for more information.
New features include:
- Supports both iPhone and iPad devices
- Search Google, Flickr, Pixabay and ColourLovers
- New shape options: typographical, oval
- Image filters and auto adjustment
- Extended text support, new font picker
- Background patterns
- Set layer blend mode
- Infinite canvas with navigation
- Double tap to select gesture
- Layer duplication
- Flip or mirror layers
- Reorder layers one by one
- Maximum output size of 4096x4096
- JPEG or PNG output file format
- Can open images from other applications
- Shake device for contextual help
- Brand new document manager
- Render any part of the composition
- Custom, precise image sizes
- Extended pasteboard support
- More layers, better performance
- A new look
Bringing all these new features to Montage has been a tremendous undertaking, and while I originally indented to launch the new version in September, I think those extra few months added quite a bit in terms of polish and features.
As always, your feedback is the driving force behind the development: send me suggestions and bug reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a minor update that fixes several smaller bugs and adds iOS 6 compatibility.
- iOS 6 and iPhone 5 compatibility
- Improved color picker
- Better memory management
- Fixes a rare image corruption problem when framing images
- Moving a control point in shape mode no longer affects image transformations
- Updated XML engine
- Fixed layer reordering issue when working with saved montages
- Restored opacity option when adding text
- Clipart search fixes
- Fixed crash introduced by previous update that affect users updating from the older version
- Small cosmetic fix for dialogs
IMPORTANT: If you have saved montages, or if Montage saved your work in progress using its autosave feature, please DO NOT update. There seems to be a bug that causes the application to crash after launch. An update has already been submitted to Apple. If you need the new functionality, you can delete the application from your device and download it again from the App Store.
- Retina display support
- Clipart fixes
- Improved color picker
- Fixed clipart download issues
- Save and load montages
- Multiple resolutions, landscape support
- In-app e-mail support, no need to upload your image
- Paste images into your montage
- Access thousands of public domain imagery trough the Open Clipart Library
- Insert previous montages into your current composition
- Improved performance, reduced crashes
- Flatten your montage when it starts to slow down (merge layers to conserve memory and avoid crashes)
- Improved color picker, pick your color on a Hue-Saturation-Brightness visual color picker
- Improved built-in help
- Set the style of the box of your text - rectangle, rounded rectangle or outline
- Selected fonts and colors are now saved and persistent across application launches
- Auto-save reliability improved
- Added Oval-Circle switch, now you can add oval shaped images
- Fixed aspect ratio bug
- Some performance tweaks
- Rearrange your Montage! Switch between different elements, delete or reposition them.
- Add text to your Montage! You can format it too.
- Your work is saved when you quit! If you receive a call, or (heavens forbid!) the application crashes, you do no loose your work.
- New save options! Save your Montage in normal or wallpaper size, or upload and e-mail it.
- Color mixer extended with preset colors
- A small help was added
- Fixed some minor annoyances
- Shape your images! Cut out different shapes from your photos, and use them in your montages. Circular,
rectangular, polygonal - you name it. There is also a freehand option for the lovers of abstract art.
- Have your frames follow your shapes! The frame of the image will match its shape.
- I have included a workaround for the blurry images problem. However, it is not guaranteed to work, and only some testers have reported any success with it. Please don't forget that this is not a bug of the application, and only Apple can fix it.
This release basically adds the ability to create truly customized montages, as now you can crop your images. Have fun!
- Use transparency! You can set different alpha values for the frame and the photo itself
- Color manipulation! Make your photo sepia or black&white
- Additional instructions added to the main screen