MoviePro - the most powerful video recording & film making app with innumerable options featured by AppAdvice, TUAW, 148apps, iClarified, and now coupled with inbuilt video editing capabilities.
"To say the app is feature rich would be an understatement…In just a few minutes of using MoviePro, I am definitely impressed" - AppAdvice
"And now, it has just become even more feature-rich (feature-richer?) with its 2.0 update." - AppAdvice
"If you do a lot of moviemaking on your iPhone, you'll probably want something with extended capabilities" - TUAW
"This is a video recording app that is filled to the brim with amazing features." - AppAdvice
"MoviePro adds several useful features to enhance and improve the video recording experience on the iPhone" - 148Apps
"MoviePro is a new video recording app for the iPhone that offers a plethora of configuration options." - iClarified
"Hollywood for the Masses - a must have for all budding Steven Spielberg or Joe Public alike" - Lionel Bloomfield, Secretary of Colchester Film Makers, United Kingdom
• Recording Features •
▶ Real Time Zoom(high quality zoom as compared to native recorder),
▶ Capture Stills while recording,
▶ Full 8 MP resolution Stills while recording on iPhone 5s, iPhone 6 & 6 plus
▶ Select resolution (1920x1080 to as low as 320x240),& aspect Ratio(including square 1:1 for Instagram & anamorphic widescreen aspect ratios like 2.75:1, 2.55:1, 2.40:1),
▶ Record in 3072x1728 @30fps resolution on iPhone 5s/iPhone 6 & 6+ at 120 Mbps bit rate,
▶ Select 2592x1458 (16:9), 2560x1440 (16:9), 2560x1920 (4:3) in settings on iPhone 5s, iPad Mini Retina, iPad Air
▶ Frame Rate - 30p, 25p, 24p, and down to 1 Fps.
▶ 720p 240 fps on iPhone 6 & 6 plus, 120 fps for iPhone 5S,
▶ 720p 60 fps mode for iPhone 5, iPad Mini and later.
▶ 1080p 60 fps mode for iPhone 6 & 6 plus.
▶ Adjustable Video Quality (Bit rate) including high 50 Mbps and lower ones to save disk space,
▶ Both Portrait & Landscape mode recording,
▶ Uncompressed Audio Option, real time Audio Monitoring through headphones with adjustable input volume (mic gain) along with Audio Meters,
▶ Record Silent Movies (choose "Silent" in Audio Settings),
▶ External Microphone Input and set volume,
▶ Spy Mode: Choose image from Photo Library or simply show black screen to record secretly,
▶ Choose record duration, such as 6 sec for Vine and 15 sec for Instagram
▶ Timer to trigger Recording,
▶ Share to Camera Roll Dropbox, YouTube, Facebook,
▶ Single & Separate focus/exposure mode,
▶ AE, AF, Auto White Balance Lock,
▶ Location tag, Copyright info in Video Metadata. Automatically inserts creation date in metadata,
▶ Video Stabilisation (iPhone 4S or later)
▶ Volume Shutter option in settings,
▶ Switch Cameras while recording with ZERO loss of Audio and perfect lip sync,
▶ Very high reliability
• Editing Features •
Includes two video editors. Mini Editor is an individual clip editor while the full Editor can operate on multiple clips & manage projects,
▶ Copy clips from Camera Roll in the library,
▶ Trim, Rotate, Compress, Slow/Fast motion adjust resolution & aspect ratio is Mini Editor,
▶ Full Editor : Merge, Split, Trim, Reorder clips, insert transitions, titles, select title color & font, title
position, insert logo from Photo Library, scale & position logo,
▶ Save compositions as Projects in Editor 2 and export them to Photo Library
▶ In Full Editor, Videos added from Photo Library or recorded with app are only linked and not duplicated. Please do not delete the original clips therefore.
• Contact Us •
- Urgent Bug Fixes for black screen at startup on iPod Touch 5G,
- Bug fixes for crashes on iPad running iOS 8 when trying to save to Camera Roll,
- Pause/Resume is now supported at all frame rates, and you can also select video and audio compression rates, real time audio monitoring for any frame rate on all devices (except iPhone 4),
- Now supports Focus Pixels on iPhone 6/6 plus. Phase detection auto focus is very fast and subtle that there is no need to lock focus on these devices while recording,
- Performance boost on older devices running iOS 7,
- Other iOS 8 bug fixes (including broken UI and orientation issues like inverted screen)
Please report bugs to email@example.com before leaving a bad rating. Please consider leaving a 5 star rating in order to support us. Also if you had an iPod Touch 5g and seen a black screen at start before and now find it fixed, please consider revising your app review and rating.
NOTE: This version required lot of rewrite of the app in order to fully optimise and support iOS 8. It works really well and fluid as compared to previous versions. If you were recording at high frame rates such as 60 fps, 120 fps, 240 fps, the app no longer enables Reduced Feature Mode under those settings so that you can Pause/Resume, set video and audio compression rates,. If you find any issues with it, you can manually turn on Reduced Feature Mode.
- iOS 8.0 compatibility & bug fixes
- Fixed crashes on iPhone 6/6 plus when selecting frame rate
- 720p 240 fps & 1080p 60 fps on iPhone 6/6+
- Fixed crash on iPad 2 when switching cameras
- Fixed black screen on startup on iOS 8
- Other bug fixes and enhancements
NOTE: If you are getting a black screen in preview, open iOS Settings->Privacy->Camera and turn MoviePro switch to ON.
If you like MoviePro please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating in the AppStore.
- Fixed crash for certain resolutions in Reduced feature Mode
- Fixed crash for 1 fps setting on iPhone 5s/iPad Air & Mini (these 64 bit devices do not support less than 2 fps in hardware),
- Fixed camera roll save issues for videos recorded at 225% bitrate@1080p,
- Dropbox upload fixes
- Fixed iPad Settings not updating issue,
- Fixed video rotation in mini editor,
- Fixed reduced feature mode recording resolution for 720p & lower settings,
- File deletion warning : Now you are warned if you try deleting a file that has not been saved to camera roll,
- Other UI enhancements & bug fixes
If you like MoviePro, please consider leaving a 5 star rating in the AppStore. The Movie Editor in the app will be replaced with a new powerful and extremely simple to use editor in the next update.
- You can now configure upto 5 presets and toggle between them from the recording screen without the need to go to
- On iPhone 5s, you can now capture 8 mega pixels stills while recording,
- Now supports upto 3072x1728 resolution on iPhone 5s (with audio),
- Battery status indicator,
- Fixed Audio issues (with 2K,3K videos, camera toggle while recording, others)
- Slow Motion video in the mini video editor,
- Fixed green line in rendering output in mini editor,
- Bluetooth wireless microphone support,
- Bug fixes for crashes
NOTE: The big video editors bugs are still getting fixed. We will come back with a revamped UI & handy and stable video editor soon.
- Now includes ability to record in upto 2560x1920 resolution and simultaneously take picture (iPhone 5s, iPad Mini Retina & iPad Air only),
- Added ability to select multiple clips & rename files (in landscape mode only)
[To rename file, simply tap on the rectangular box containing file name. To select multiple files, tap the 3 bars button in library at the top when holding iPhone/iPad in horizontal orientation],
- Fixed inverted Videos showing in Editor 2,
- Other bug fixes
Follow us on Twitter @movieproapp for suggestions and latest updates !
- Critical Bug Fixes in this release :
- Fixed crash when switching to front camera
- Fixed the red timer appearing in Spy Mode
- Fixed the aspect ratio selection in Editor 1
- Fixed tap to focus box not auto hiding,
- Fixed all crashes & freezes (particularly on iOS 7.1)
- Bug fixes for Audio
- Performance boost on iOS 7.1
- Now fully compatible with iOS 7.1
- UI improvements & bug fixes
- Several other bug fixes
This is a crtical release fixing bugs, crashes, freezes that coincided with iOS 7.1 release along with other reported bugs. Another update with feature requests such as renaming files & multiple file selection will follow after this.
If you like MoviePro, please consider leaving a 5 star rating in the AppStore. Good ratings help us to keep rolling good updates and serve you better.
NOTE : This update requires iOS 7.0.3 or later. If you like MoviePro 2.0, please consider leaving a 5 star rating in the AppStore. For any questions or bug reports, please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Flat Interface for iOS 7
- New Icon for iOS 7
- Import videos from Camera Roll in the App,
- Includes two video editors
- Editor 1: Trim, Rotate, adjust resolution/aspect ratio, & compress videos to reduce file size.
- Editor 2: Merge, Split & Trim clips, insert music from your Music library, insert transitions, insert and customise title size & font, insert logos. Save your compositions as projects within the App & export them to Camera Roll. This editor will add more & more features in upcoming updates.
- Incoming notifications & SMS, or pulling down the notifications bar does not stop video recording anymore.
- Fixed Pause button position : Earlier users accidentally ended up hitting stop button when trying to pause/resume. This is now fixed.
- More frame rate options in the Settings,
- Overhauled and simplified Library UI for quick preview of clips,
- Newly designed instructions accessible by ‘i’ buttons in recorder & library screen. The one in Library screen contains a link to YouTube video on how to save clips to computer using iTunes File Sharing.
- New reticles: Easily switch from tap-to-focus to separate focus/exposure mode by dragging one reticle from another.
- Focus/exposure and simplified locking mechanism: Lot of users complained about focus coming & going while recording and during zoom. To fix this, focus is automatically locked during recording. To simplify things, Focus/exposure can now only be locked by tapping AE/AF buttons. Once locked, they continue to remain locked (see notes at the end),
- Tracking Saved Videos : Lot of users faced issue identifying which videos have been saved to camera roll and which require save. From now on, a green check mark is shown on the thumbnail if the clip has been copied to Camera Roll,
- Unintended recordings : Lot of users faced the issue where immediately on opening the app recording starts leaving
unintended recordings. This is now fixed (see notes at the end),
- Play background music while recording. Earlier version ducked background Audio, this is now fixed,
- Reset linked Dropbox account for uploads,
- Bug fix for crashes on Startup on iPhone 4/4S devices,
- Many other bug fixes
- Volume shutter is now disabled by default due to false positives it gave and unintentionally triggered recording. Volume shutter can be enabled in App Settings and lot of false positives are fixed, though few remain.
- If focus is locked using AF button, the new behaviour is to remain locked. For instance, if the user taps to a new point to adjust focus, the camera performs an auto-focus & immediately locks to it. Make sure to turn on AE/AF button if you prefer this behaviour instead of camera sampling incoming images and performing autofocus.
- In Editor 2(Projects Editor), Videos added from Photo Library or recorded with app are only linked and not
duplicated. Please do not delete the original clips therefore.
- Bug fix for crash on iPad Mini 2 and iPad Air
- Added 1 hr and 2 hrs record duration, also fixed selecting 5 sec and 6 sec record duration for Vine,
- Fixes and enhancements summary in v1.9
( Reduced feature mode now works on iPhone 5s, Better Zoom quality, Fix for stuck "Export to Camera Roll" label, Ability to Adjust Microphone Gain, Back Microphone Selection on iPhone 5 and higher, Unlisted publishing option on YouTube, other YouTube fixes, Improved Stability on iOS 7 )
If you like MoviePro, please consider leaving a good rating on the AppStore in order to support us.
NOTE : iPad Air and iPad Mini 2 users, please do not update. We have submitted a new version 1.9.1 to Apple with a fix.
- Bug fix for crash on iPhone 5s in Reduced feature mode setting,
- Better Zoom Quality is back on iOS 7 devices,
- Bug fix for stuck "Exporting to Camera Roll" label on the screen even after video has been saved,
- Adjust Audio gain/microphone volume of microphone (On the iPad, this feature is only available on plugging an external microphone),
- Back Microphone selection choice (requires iOS 7),
- YouTube upload form bug fixes,
- Included "Unlisted" sharing mechanism on YouTube,
- Improved stability on iOS 7
We are about 2 weeks away for 2.0 release containing full fledged video editing features. Sorry for the delay as improved stability on iOS 7 was a priority, and we acted quickly on your feedback. If you like MoviePro, please consider giving us a good rating on the AppStore in order to support us.
- Fixed crash while changing frame rate,
- Fixed crash while deleting video,
- Fixed crash while trimming video,
- Fixed Dropbox upload issues,
- Fixed YouTube upload issues (make sure NOT to include @gmail.com prefix in YouTube username for signing),
- Fixed Facebook upload issues(make sure you have setup a FB account in iOS Settings->Facebook),
- Added record duration of 5, 6 seconds for Vine,
- Added 1:1 Aspect ratio (square video) for Instagram,
- Fixed miscellaneous crashes on iOS 7,
- Various other bug fixes for iOS 7 UI
We are still couple of weeks away for 2.0 release containing full fledged video editing features. If you like MoviePro, please leave a good rating and review in the AppStore. Good ratings help us to bring awesome updates and serve you better.
- Bug fix for broken Audio on iOS 7
- Added support for 60 fps recording on iOS 7 (iPhone 5, iPad mini) and 120 fps on iPhone 5S,
- Hear Audio as you record in real time
- Other bug fixes
This is an urgent release for iOS 7 bug fixes. Version 2.0 with lots of new features like video editing will follow shortly.
- Volume Shutter : Use 'Volume +' button to trigger recording. In the Settings, choose 'Volume -' button action to either capture stills or pause/resume function.
- Trim Video within the Player Screen,
- Microphone Choice : Select the top(ear) or bottom microphone for audio recording in the Settings,
- Creaking Audio Complaints on iPhone 5 : A very few iPhone 5 users complained about presence of creaking noise in the recordings. Upon investigation it was found that the ear microphone of all those iPhones were faulty and it was 100% a hardware issue. This was confirmed by recording a video with Front Camera using the Native Camera App which showed a noise. If you are one of the users who also noticed this issue, you might want to confirm this and take your phone to Apple Store.
MoviePro previous version was always using the top(ear) microphone and now it uses the bottom microphone as default, so the problem goes away.
- Bug Fixes for Audio not present sometimes while recording,
- Bug Fixes for iPhone 4 where users were unable to alter Fps after choosing 30 fps.
- Other Bug Fixes
1. Zoom Fixes/Enhancements : Zoom Speed Control added with 5 different speed levels (default is set to level 3). Zoom Slider is also back with fixes, and on iPhone user can choose either +/- buttons with zoom speed control, or a zoom slider as Zoom UI,
2. Audio Fixes : Fix for audio not present in video under some conditions, like after receiving a phone call,
3. YouTube upload issues are now completely fixed !
4. Orientation Lock available in Settings : Choose either lock to Portrait or Landscape mode or choose Auto rotation mode. For Auto mode, make sure you don't have Orientation lock set on your iPhone,
5. Improved Pause/Resume UI. When recording is paused, the user is now shown a stop button and a resume button,
6. Exporting to Camera Roll fixes and improved reliability,
7. Other bug fixes and enhancements.
- Switch front/back cameras while recording with perfect audio sync at any resolution (iPhone 4/iPod Touch 4G users need to choose resolution 640x480 or less to enable camera switching while recording due to processing power constraints on Single core devices)
- Bug fix for inverted preview when iPhone is rotated
- Now supports all 4 orientations : A complete new UI for Portrait Mode on iPhone/iPod Touch devices and also a friendly UI for left handed users,
- Option to record Silent Videos,
- Now records Stereo Audio at 48000 Hz,
- Enhanced External Microphone Support : Plug and play external microphone anytime during recording, or otherwise. Displays a message as soon as microphone is detected or ejected,
- Now gives an indication through text label when Photo is saved to Camera Roll.
- UI changes for Zoom on iPhone : The zoom slider on iPhone has been replaced with +/- buttons due to several user complaints with the unfriendly slider as well as to remove the clutter from the UI. Simply tap and hold the +/- buttons on the side to adjust zoom. Let us know your feedback on the new zoom UI at email@example.com
- Fixes for Spy Mode : If you have already enabled Spy Mode before this update, please reselect the spy mode image again from Photo Library,
- Other bug fixes and UI enhancements
- Universal Binary supporting both iPhone and iPad,
- Bug fix for broken UI on iPad with iOS 5.1,1 or earlier,
- Bug fix for incorrect Creation Date in Video Metadata,
- 1024x768 resolution now works on iPhone 4 and iPad.
- Advanced resolutions like 1024x768, 960x720, 800x600...now work on iPhone 4/iPod Touch 4G,
- Other bug fixes
- Bug fix for Autosave to Camera Roll not working,
- Bug fix for video recording under 225% setting (read Note 2 below),
- Recorded Video now has better colours / saturation & quality,
- Video Stabilization is now available via settings (default is OFF),
- Audio Metering is now optional and can be enabled via settings (default is OFF),
- Now shows correct AE/AF/AWB state when the popup is reopened on iPhone 4S or earlier devices
1. Video Stabilization and Audio Metering are disabled by default and can be enabled anytime from within the app Settings if you need it,
2. For the videos recorded under 225% Video Quality setting with the previous version(1.1), export those videos directly to computer using iTunes File Sharing - they play perfectly on computer. Read the instructions within the app on how to do a direct computer export. Only applies to videos recorded with the previous version.
- iPhone 5 & iOS 6.0 support,
- No more Shutter sound while taking stills,
- Now supports Full HD zoom upto 4x @30 fps on iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod Touch 5g, iPad (for older devices like iPhone 4 & 3GS, zoom is supported upto 25 fps),
- Awesome features like Pause, Zoom now also supported on iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G, iPhone 3GS,
- Pause button is now near recording button,
- Now supports Uncompressed Audio,
- External Microphone support for stereo mode recording,
- Front Camera Support,
- Audio Metering,
- Now supports Video Stabilization (Requires iOS 6.0 or later, iPhone 4S or later)
- Special buttons provided for locking Focus & Exposure,
- Secret Mode Recording option,
- Now displays Video and Audio Quality of the recorded video in the Library,
- UI Enhancements and changes as per users feedback,
- Other bug fixes & minor enhancements