MyRoutersPro for iPad is specifically designed for network administrators of Cisco & Juniper routers to
simplify login and access to command line interface when they are working off-site with iPads. The app is best to serve
as a touch-based COMMAND PAD instead of just a barebone ssh terminal client.
•support SSH-2 and TELNET access to network objects
•support VGA-out to external monitor/projector at resolution of 1024x768 for login sessions and log viewing (requires iPad dock connector to VGA adapter)
•include PING, TRACEROUTE and integrated BROWSER
•allows access to NON-STANDARD PORTS other than 22 and 23
•support SSH authentication by passwords or public key
•allows IMPORT of public and private key pair
•master password to prohibit invalid access to the app and its data
•store router credentials with strong encryption for one-touch login
•configurable to ask for password every time before login to target
•support up to five concurrent login sessions
•well-designed user interface to MINIMIZE TYPING when accessing to command line interface
•provide three command sets for "touch-and-send"
•command sets can be edited as normal text files (effectively supports unlimited number of "macros")
•customized commands can be imported to the command sets by copy-and-paste from other apps, e.g. Mail
•ad-hoc commands can be entered through a command bar
•logs of each login session can be saved for subsequent review or sent out through in-app mail function
•6 user-selectable fonts (with 3 monospaced), adjustable font sizes and different color themes
•support portrait and landscape modes
•Ping and Traceroute are implemented (to run from the iPad) as supplementary tools for troubleshooting
•support simultaneous pings to multiple targets
•support reverse DNS lookup in Traceroute
•include integrated browser for viewing manuals on the Cisco & Juniper web sites (also serves as a "private browser" for web surfing)
Please note: Though this is not the intended use, the app can be used for SSH to most Unix-based or Mac hosts with simple setup (just change the "Wait For (2)" field in the Login Sequences from ">" to "$") and serve as a command pad. However, please be aware that terminal emulation is currently NOT supported by this app. If what you expect is one for running "vi", or "top", etc., this may not be your choice.
P.S. Recently we see an incorrect user review being posted in the US Store. Please note that the app does support using on-screen/bluetooth keyboard to enter command. The ">_" button on the upper right corner is for showing/hiding the command bar and on-screen keyboard.
In case you find any issues when using the app, or want to report bugs or request for new features, please mail to the developer on firstname.lastname@example.org to have the ultimate effect. All along we got general comments that we are very responsive.
- Give immediate response for question marks entered in commands
- Add buttons for sending carriage return and Ctrl-Shift-6-X so as to support access to router console ports through reverse telnet
- Add 3 more command sets and allow to name the command sets with user-selected names
- Add function for duplicating router credential records
- Fix the connection issues occurred when logging into some routers through Telnet
- Fix some connection timeout issues
- Several bug fixes and user interface enhancement
Fix issues so that multi-page output from Cisco ASA is displayed correctly.
Recognize swipe gesture on iPad and synchronize display with external screen.
Integrated browser can now show web contents on external screen.
- supports VGA-out to external display for login sessions and log viewing
- add support for SSH authentication by keyboard-interactive
- retain session status of integrated browser
- password masking and many bug fixes
- Fixed crashes related to device orientation, especially when the iPad is laid on flat surface when running the
- User interface enhancements including selectable themes (on text & background color), new icon sets and toolbar menu, etc.
- Include mods to streamline the operation when the app is run with a physical keyboard for command entry
- Many bug fixes
Fixed crashes which occur after app authentication in landscape mode and screen rotation.
Fixed some issues on user interface and display.
Applied mods to keep the command entry bar remain on screen until being dismissed explicitly by user.