With PGN Viewer Gold you can view your favorite chess games on your iPad.
You can download a PGN file from an FTP site, search for a characteristic (ELO, Player, Color, Result, Event, ECO)
and choose game to view.
The search acts only for selected files in the manage files panel.
Tapping Viewer FTP Site you can access on a list of game files that I have already prepared.
Another way to transfer file to your iPad is via iTunes. In iTunes select PGN Viewer Gold App and drag a PGN file into the document list.
Also, you can open a PGN file attached to an e-mail by selecting "Open With PGN Viewer Gold"
You can download more than one file, so you can add more and more games to your database.
You can then delete a file when you are not interested on it yet.
You can navigate through the game forward or backward, to the end or to the start of the game.
With other two buttons, you can goto next or previous game in the last searched game list
You can also jump to a specific move just by tapping on that move.
Now you can also view game moves playing automatically tapping Autoplay button
You can flip the view to see also the black's point of view.
And last, but not least, both portrait and landscape orientation are supported.
- Portrait and landscape orientation
- Goto first, last, next and previous move
- Goto next or previous game in the last searched game list
- Jump directly to a move just by tapping on it
- Download games in PGN format from a FTP site
- Drag and drop PGN files into PGN Viewer Gold via iTunes
- Viewer FTP site is available with thousands of games
- Multiple files management
- Search games by player, ELO, color, result, event and ECO
- Flag for players with ELO > 2200
- Autoplay game
- "long notation" support (e.g e2-e4)
- FEN tag support
- Fixed a bug in search window (Find button sometimes disappear)
- Added search games by date
- Bug fixing for some cases of ambiguous moves
- Autoplay game by tapping Autoplay button
- Search games by ECO opening
- two more navigation buttons: Next Game Button and Previous Game Button. They works on last search criteria
- Search only into selected files. Now you can search only into the files selected in Manage files panel. In this way you can exclude files from the search criteria
- Now you can open a PGN file directly from an e-mail attachment (select file and click "Open with PGN Gold")
- Event is visualized (if available) under players
- Now you can transfer PGN files to iPad via iTunes (so, you don't need an FTP site). See my website for more
- Fixed a problem choosing a player not on db